Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

On 3/13/2021 at 12:49 PM, Weave said:

Not so awesome update....

Apparently the covids and the relief checks have been putting a serious hurt on the kayak manufacturers and retailers.  They had very little in stock and a ton of people looking to talk to a sales person.  I had to put my name on a list and put down a deposit with no promises regarding delivery.  Their expected shipment is weeks overdue with no word from the manufacturer as to when they might ship.  No choice in color as the manufacturers are shipping whatever they have on hand and they are getting made with no concern regarding color.  Word is most are showing up olive drab, which isn't the worst thing in the world.  I guess plastic supply is an issue too.

Hopefully this doesn't run into the opener for walleyes.  It will affect early crappie season though.

So, I received a call from the kayak shop today.  They have a larger model on the floor and available.  Word on the street is the manufacturer is months ! behind schedule with manufacturing.  I thought about it for a moment or so and told them to hold it until I get there to look at it.

Came home with a new yak on the trailer, a new paddle in the car, and a much lighter wallet.

Tomorrow I'll need to get the trailer properly set up for this kayak and then I can begin the fun of getting the sonar, trolling motor, and rod holders installed and wired up.

I am giddy.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, Norcal said:

This commercial makes me laugh out loud

I think it's hilarious that they can trot out old commercials and they still work.  They don't make me want to switch insurance companies but they at least put a smile on my face.  (Same with some of the old beer commercials.)

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

One of the things I like a lot about living here is Spring comes early most years.  Peepers have been out for almost a month. My pear trees are blooming, my willow has leaves, and the maples will leaf out real soon.  The boy already had to mow the lawn once.

It's Spring here too.

We are expecting snow sometime soon.

9 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The blower and mower trade places on April 1 and TBH I could do it sooner.  The motivation for April 1 is that's when the mower needs to come out not when the blower is done.  It rarely snows much after March 10th or so.  President's Day weekend is the big time around here it seems.

I know, I was just kidding. 

Same for me.   Normally the blower and mower get swapped.

I recently reconnected with an old friend from the street I grew up on.  He lived across the street and down a house or two from me.  I noticed his parents' house on the market so I contacted him on Facebook.  His dad passed away some time ago and his mom just passed last year.  Bobby is what we called in those days "slow".  We played in the neighborhood for a time but as we got older we drifted apart. 

Here comes the awesome part-  He's been writing children's books and was recently interviewed on Channel 7 in Buffalo:  Author with Aspergers is inspiring others with his books and message

I'm so happy for him that he's getting his books published and getting recognized for it.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1