Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

This is the second most famous Frankie in Nova Scotia ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/frankie-the-backpack-beagle-takes-the-internet-by-storm-1.5260589

This is the most famous Frankie in all of Nova Scotia, maybe even the whole world ...

Love Frankie, even when he is telling us to duck, duck Hurricane.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
the 's' is pretty close to the 'r' on my keyboard ...

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I've seen that guy in the past.  Is it always hurricane videos?

He has his own Youtube channel and he does a weather update anytime there is a major storm coming.  I am not sure if he does a daily mundane weather update, but he is famous for his storm warnings.  I don't pay close enough attention to see how many followers he has, but he always gets a huge number of views when a storm, or potential storm, is heading our way.

47 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

He has his own Youtube channel and he does a weather update anytime there is a major storm coming.  I am not sure if he does a daily mundane weather update, but he is famous for his storm warnings.  I don't pay close enough attention to see how many followers he has, but he always gets a huge number of views when a storm, or potential storm, is heading our way.

Weather makes sense.  I know I've seen those before and I just naturally assumed hurricane.  Those things are fun, by the way.  My weekend started with me thinking my brother would be up from Florida and ended with me instead thinking my friend in Charleston will be here.

• 4 weeks later...

My GF and I took my daughter out to a farm yesterday afternoon in order to do the hayride, pick a pumpkin thing.  We get there and the storefront is open but more or less deserted.  GF is incredulous, "I've come here every year of my life, just about and they're always packed, something's wrong."  We go in and talk to the owner, who somewhat apologetically said they're not opening the pumpkin patch until next weekend, he's basically retired, and his kids are running the show.  

Then he looks at my daughter and asks, "What are you guys driving?" We tell him we have a 4WD.  He then says, "alright, why don't you hop in your car, pull around behind the building and follow me, I'll be in the white van."  We load up and pull around, he leads us back off the road and up what I assume is the hayride path into the field.  We get to the top and see the whole, completely untouched pumpkin field.  He tells us to take what we want, $.50 per pound.  We have a good time with the kiddo wandering around for awhile, ohhing and ahhing.  We select a few pumpkins, drive back down and pay, thanking him on the way out. 

Nice guy, made a little girl's day.   (and himself about fifty bucks, but still.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm assuming that if they don't pork out during the summer, they don't live through winter.

I did read that they stock up for the long harsh winters up here, as there's not much food. It was cool, I was at the site in the AM and I was seeing then play, but couldn't get too close, but I pull out a granola bar and the game changes ?

• 2 weeks later...