Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

During my drive to and from work each day, I've been watching them essentially build an entirely new highway for about 4 years now.  The main portion of the project is these two crossing exit ramp overpasses that will connect to the new highway.  Watching them slowly build those overpasses has been interesting.  You don't realize just how much goes into that until you actually see it in action.  Anyway, I finally drove on that new section of road today.  The overpasses aren't open yet, but at least the 4 years worth of temporary lanes with no shoulders are finally gone.  One accident won't cripple that part of the drive anymore like it has for that entire time.

11 hours ago, shrader said:

During my drive to and from work each day, I've been watching them essentially build an entirely new highway for about 4 years now.  The main portion of the project is these two crossing exit ramp overpasses that will connect to the new highway.  Watching them slowly build those overpasses has been interesting.  You don't realize just how much goes into that until you actually see it in action.  Anyway, I finally drove on that new section of road today.  The overpasses aren't open yet, but at least the 4 years worth of temporary lanes with no shoulders are finally gone.  One accident won't cripple that part of the drive anymore like it has for that entire time.

I have been watching the same kind of thing here.  An interchange where one highway meets another and one lane goes into the city and another heads out towards Bedford (where we have one house) and then beyond to the airport.  The interchange has been in place since before cars were invented, so the upgrade has been in need forever, or longer.  It was a nightmare with the rapid increase in Halifax population in recent years.

Very intersting to watch the snail pace progress ... being NS everything is ssssslllllooooowwww.  An engineering marvel though, which I hope is finished in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, Marions Piazza said:

I got on to a hockey team a few months ago after almost 18 months off the ice. The Captain told me the team is awful but 'we still have fun'. 0-12 last season, 89 goals against...I didn't care, I just wanted to play some hockey. They got a new goalie from a pickup game, 4 players quit because the team was so bad so they got replacements, including me and a guy from near Rochester (cool having another Sabres fan on the team). We went 7-5 with only 22 goals against (best in the league), rolled through the quarter-finals and semi-finals with ease, and won the Championship last night, 3-2 in the shootout! Last night was AWESOME!!!

I hope you remembered your goggles for all the post-game champagne spraying.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, shrader said:

So beer instead of champagne?  I don't know, champagne feels more classy and appropriate for a championship.

Miller High Life! close to champagne...right?!

19 hours ago, shrader said:

You're assuming Marions isn't the world's most highly regarded eye glasses model.  This is a dangerous game you're playing.

haha I have mastered the "Not so bright look" it has spring boarded me into local lore and fame

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The Bombs were dropped in August.

Don't look now, NS, but the latest Google Maps trace of Dorian shows it making landfall in Nova Scotia on Saturday!

Point 1 ... Yes.  They were.  I will refrain from saying that they were the only time that 'weapons of mass distruction' were used.  On civilian targets, no less.

Point 2 ... Too late ... I already looked.  I will be keeping a close eye, especially since our new house is right on the coast and our other house is about a kilometer inland.  Yikes.