Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Being dad again ? had to show the boy how's it done ?? also, this is the little guy that was stranded at our orphanage, we had him tested today and was negative for HIV, malaria, and etc, awesome news as 1 in 8 here are HIV+ even from birth. He's the coolest little man ever. Also, one of the kids here made me that one shirt and I love it ?

received_386516648730116.jpeg

IMG-20190808-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190809-WA0001.jpg

received_585117718684408.jpeg

You are a remarkable human being.

• Like (+1) 3

Today was a day of EID, many Ugandans are Muslim split with Christianity, we took Wilbrod out as a family.... My good friend who started this "mom Cari", me (dad), my kiddo, and uncle Mugisha (who is basically the glue of our orphanage) all wore formal African wear, konzu and Gomezi for the eid. Apologies if this offends anyone as I partook in the festivities in formal wear, but we really enjoyed the day. We had a great meal and I took Wilbrod to his first ever sauna/stramroom and we relaxed before heading home tomorrow. 

received_453864878499756.jpeg

received_366685404006645.jpeg

20190811_141802.jpg

received_437063620353879.jpeg

received_696887687425635.jpeg

20190811_180150.jpg

Edited by Wyldnwoody44
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, shrader said:

@Wyldnwoody44, why don't you throw some of these posts in your thread asking for the phones and laptops?  It might be a good place to document some of what you're doing just in case some of the non-regulars here stumble upon that thread at some point.

That's not a bad idea, when I get back and have actual service I'll do that, I feel like I'm always hijacking this thread ??

2 hours ago, shrader said:

@Wyldnwoody44, why don't you throw some of these posts in your thread asking for the phones and laptops?  It might be a good place to document some of what you're doing just in case some of the non-regulars here stumble upon that thread at some point.

That's not a bad idea, when I get back and have actual service I'll do that, I feel like I'm always hijacking this thread ??

24 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My idea must have been really good.

• Haha (+1) 4

So treatment just changed because I had a 2nd opinion with a Doc at Corneil Weil who is director of bladder urinary cancer division... much more knowledgeable in my type of Cancer, he sees them regularly... now gonna just go for Chemo but a different kind called MVACa type of Cisplatin (sp?) more global but less of it over longer time period... No radiation.  Meet with my Oncologist on Monday but trying to educate myself on this stuff is nuts.  

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

So treatment just changed because I had a 2nd opinion with a Doc at Corneil Weil who is director of bladder urinary cancer division... much more knowledgeable in my type of Cancer, he sees them regularly... now gonna just go for Chemo but a different kind called MVACa type of Cisplatin (sp?) more global but less of it over longer time period... No radiation.  Meet with my Oncologist on Monday but trying to educate myself on this stuff is nuts.  

Good luck with it.  Keep up the good fight.

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Now imagine an older woman(my poor mom) who didn’t even have a high school diploma trying to decide who to listen to. She didn’t even understand the stages! I feel badly that you’re facing this man but I also feel hopeful for you. Those poor folks from little hick towns are mostly left in the dark about what’s going on but it sounds like you’re getting the best answers from the best people. 

Postitive attitude, dude. You know that already though.?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

Now imagine an older woman(my poor mom) who didn’t even have a high school diploma trying to decide who to listen to. She didn’t even understand the stages! I feel badly that you’re facing this man but I also feel hopeful for you. Those poor folks from little hick towns are mostly left in the dark about what’s going on but it sounds like you’re getting the best answers from the best people. 

Postitive attitude, dude. You know that already though.?

Saw that in my family.  I’m a Type I diabetic.  I have health insurance, access to good food, math skills and a personality as strong as my physician’s.  What a blessing compared to those who do not.  My grandmother battled cancer, often calling chemo “radiation”, and vice versa.  It ain’t easy.  It’s one of the reasons why this fiscally conservative republican supports finding a way to provide access to meaningful health care to all citizens.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 2

So apparently for those who care to know... there are two schools of thought regarding these types of cancers... One comes out of an Egyptian tradition that sees bladder cancer resulting from water quality bug issues and is treated with radiation and a western tradition resulting more from environmental..ie tobacco, diet that uses more chemo...  both are effective... the concern is the rad is too localized.. and for my western ex smoker body the later sounds proper and radiation can always be tried later.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Neo said:

Saw that in my family.  I’m a Type I diabetic.  I have health insurance, access to good food, math skills and a personality as strong as my physician’s.  What a blessing compared to those who do not.  My grandmother battled cancer, often calling chemo “radiation”, and vice versa.  It ain’t easy.  It’s one of the reasons why this fiscally conservative republican supports finding a way to provide access to meaningful health care to all citizens.

Great point.  Access to good food and the ability to afford it is so important.  Eating healthy costs money.  I've been living the Atkins lifestyle for 20 years and feel great (not that Atkins is right for everyone and I'm not preaching it). It's protein based and chicken, fish, scallops, steak, crab, etc,. costs a lot.  You are what you eat and many don't have the means to properly provide quality food for their families.

I also agree, health care for all is a right.  How the country goes about achieving that is a political discussion for another thread.

• Like (+1) 3

@Wyldnwoody44,

Eid Mubarak, my friend.  It's very nice that you were part of it.  I don't think anyone should be offended that you dressed properly and participated fully.  Did you go to Prayers?  Did you Pray?  In many mosques you would have been allowed to fully participate in that way, but (sadly) there are many Muslims that would not support such a thing even though Muhammad (PBUH) encouraged such participation by all.

58 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

@Wyldnwoody44,

Eid Mubarak, my friend.  It's very nice that you were part of it.  I don't think anyone should be offended that you dressed properly and participated fully.  Did you go to Prayers?  Did you Pray?  In many mosques you would have been allowed to fully participate in that way, but (sadly) there are many Muslims that would not support such a thing even though Muhammad (PBUH) encouraged such participation by all.

We didn't make it to the mosque for thr formal prayers, but in Uganda the Christians and Muslims live in harmony, so it wouldn't be an issue there.... I took pastor Fred to the sauna in town and we were chatting with a Muslim about Mohamed (pbuh) and Jesus without issue.... That wouldn't fly in the very strict middle eastern countries sadly. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

We didn't make it to the mosque for thr formal prayers, but in Uganda the Christians and Muslims live in harmony, so it wouldn't be an issue there.... I took pastor Fred to the sauna in town and we were chatting with a Muslim about Mohamed (pbuh) and Jesus without issue.... That wouldn't fly in the very strict middle eastern countries sadly. 

I am glad that you were with people (both Muslim and Christian) that know and understand their religions.  I am very sad that that in the birthplace of Muhammad (PBUH) and in most of the surrounding area, they do not.

• Like (+1) 1