Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's 6-3, 140 lb.  My other son (the bald one) is 6-5, 160.

Wow.  Leanness must run in your genes!  Did you not raise them on Buffalo Pizza, Wings, and Subs???

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The two of them together don't weigh too much more than I do.....  ?

If I found a genie bottle and got 3 wishes, they would be:

1.  I could eat anything I want and stay at 6-5, 160.

2.  All the food I ate came from Buffalo.

3.  Don't give a $hit.  Keep your wish.

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The two of them together don't weigh too much more than I do.....  ?

Congrats on the wedding... mine is already 6'3" 207 and has some more height coming..  he is only 15. My 12 year old is 5'4" not sure his weight, but i was more like your boys 6'2" till hit about 35.. still only 200

• Haha (+1) 1

New Orleans.  The Big Easy.

I have business here on Monday morning.   MrsNeo and I decided to make a weekend of it, so we flew in yesterday morning.  She’s never been here.  Yesterday was The French Quarter, Frenchmen Street and a Po Boy and Jambalaya, a Satchmo Festival and a visit to the Jazz Museum.  Crawfish omelettes, jazz at breakfast, Arnaud’s for Drum Pontchartrain, Hotel Monteleone and The Carousel Bar for a Sazarac and a Vieux Carré.  Finally, Bourbon Street with me wearing a blazer and MrsNeo in a cocktail dress, grinning, then laughing, as beads came her overdressed way.

Today, a walking tour of the Garden Distric and its homes, flowers, architecture and history.  Then, the mighty Mississippi and the powerful waterfront.   Beignets and Coffee Au Lait at Café Du Monde before dinner at Mr. B’s.

There’s so much time to do things when you're older and not hung over!

If you’re a foodie or a music person, come.  Oh, do!

PS ...  They LOVE their Saints!  Almost a “Bills:Buffalo::Saints:NOLA” feeling, emotionally.

• Like (+1) 1

Of all the freaky coincidences.  I opened my iPad and logged in to SabreSpace about a minute ago.  At the same time, my food arrived ....  at The Ruby Slipper.  I’d not heard of it.   We just stumbled in after a Garden District tour!   Destiny ...

3 hours ago, Weave said:

To really experience the food, go to the non-touristy places.

Is that taqueiria still open in the French Quarter? 

Make sure you breakfast at the Ruby Slipper at least once.

Not sure about taqueiria.  We may learn, tonight.

CAB51ACB-52D1-43B3-8E6C-341000BFEF05.jpeg

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Neo said:

OK, OK ...  I’m out of time for this trip!   Business dinner, tonight, meeting tomorrow, and then flying home.   But ...  we will be back!   The history ... 

Ruby Slipper and Cochon Butcher are fantastic choices. I'm seeing you are short on time, but you must also visit frenchmen st. The Spotted Cat, cash only! 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Neo said:

New Orleans.  The Big Easy.

I have business here on Monday morning.   MrsNeo and I decided to make a weekend of it, so we flew in yesterday morning.  She’s never been here.  Yesterday was The French Quarter, Frenchmen Street and a Po Boy and Jambalaya, a Satchmo Festival and a visit to the Jazz Museum.  Crawfish omelettes, jazz at breakfast, Arnaud’s for Drum Pontchartrain, Hotel Monteleone and The Carousel Bar for a Sazarac and a Vieux Carré.  Finally, Bourbon Street with me wearing a blazer and MrsNeo in a cocktail dress, grinning, then laughing, as beads came her overdressed way.

Today, a walking tour of the Garden Distric and its homes, flowers, architecture and history.  Then, the mighty Mississippi and the powerful waterfront.   Beignets and Coffee Au Lait at Café Du Monde before dinner at Mr. B’s.

There’s so much time to do things when you're older and not hung over!

If you’re a foodie or a music person, come.  Oh, do!

PS ...  They LOVE their Saints!  Almost a “Bills:Buffalo::Saints:NOLA” feeling, emotionally.

6 years ago today we landed there for our honeymoon.  I want to go back just for the food.  I wish I could remember the name, but the best meal we had was some random hole in the wall that we would have never found unless the hotel (Omni in the French Quarter) mentioned it.

• Like (+1) 1

Whenever I travel for work, I wear my BIlls or Sabres tshirts or hoodies. In Frankfurt Germany I met a family from Buffalo that yelled Go Bills when they saw my hoodie. They invited me to dinner and had a nice evening. Turns out they were from Lancaster not far from where I grew up in Cheektowaga. At the airports in both Amsterdam and Brussels I ran into Buffalo people. Last week I was in Athens for work, I went down to the Plaka district (super touristy, gold shops, markets, right near the Acropolis) I had my OneBuffalo 716 shirt on and I saw a woman poitning at me and the family waived at me with some thumbs up. Traveling home, two people at the airport said Go Bills, one was a stewardess. Buffalo people are every where and not afraid to call it out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:44 PM, Neo said:

Of all the freaky coincidences.  I opened my iPad and logged in to SabreSpace about a minute ago.  At the same time, my food arrived ....  at The Ruby Slipper.  I’d not heard of it.   We just stumbled in after a Garden District tour!   Destiny ...

Sounds like you're having a great time.  I lived in NOLA for a few years and hit some of those same spots.  Remember many times walking in the Quarter with a Lucky Dog in one hand and a beer in the other.  Fun times.  Just don't fall for the, "I'll bet I can tell you where you got your shoes" trick!

Laissez les bons temps rouler !

• Thanks (+1) 1

Being dad again ? had to show the boy how's it done ?? also, this is the little guy that was stranded at our orphanage, we had him tested today and was negative for HIV, malaria, and etc, awesome news as 1 in 8 here are HIV+ even from birth. He's the coolest little man ever. Also, one of the kids here made me that one shirt and I love it ?

received_386516648730116.jpeg

IMG-20190808-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190809-WA0001.jpg

received_585117718684408.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 8/4/2019 at 10:44 AM, Neo said:

Just had breakfast there two weeks ago.  That place was delicious.

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Being dad again ? had to show the boy how's it done ?? also, this is the little guy that was stranded at our orphanage, we had him tested today and was negative for HIV, malaria, and etc, awesome news as 1 in 8 here are HIV+ even from birth. He's the coolest little man ever. Also, one of the kids here made me that one shirt and I love it ?

received_386516648730116.jpeg

IMG-20190808-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190809-WA0001.jpg

received_585117718684408.jpeg

Can I adopt you?