Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So last week, one of my aerial students’ boyfriend came to watch. He was a very kind, soft spoken guy- both of them really stood out to me as cool people if I’m being honest. Went out of his way to shake my hand and introduce himself as Rob. he asked if I would let him join class halfway through but my rules are not until he takes an introductory course. 

asked her this week if he was coming to watch again and she said nah he’s at training camp in Rochester with his team 

his team? 

“Yeah, he’s on the Bills! Wide receiver”

Turns out it’s Rob Foster. I had no clue. He’s super nice and his gf/friend is a super cool down to earth awesome person. 

So now I want the Bills to come take circus with me haha 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 hours ago, josie said:

So last week, one of my aerial students’ boyfriend came to watch. He was a very kind, soft spoken guy- both of them really stood out to me as cool people if I’m being honest. Went out of his way to shake my hand and introduce himself as Rob. he asked if I would let him join class halfway through but my rules are not until he takes an introductory course. 

asked her this week if he was coming to watch again and she said nah he’s at training camp in Rochester with his team 

his team? 

“Yeah, he’s on the Bills! Wide receiver”

Turns out it’s Rob Foster. I had no clue. He’s super nice and his gf/friend is a super cool down to earth awesome person. 

So now I want the Bills to come take circus with me haha

Now thats a Bills Embedded episode I would watch.

Edited by sabills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, sabills said:

Now thats a Bills Embedded episode I would watch.

I vaguely remember someone sending me a video of sports dudes (not sure if college or pro, or what sport even) learning some aerial, and it was pretty funny. Depending on the guy, not sure I could catch them if they came down weird... I can support/lift a good 220 pounds but some of them boys be big 

I'd be so intimidated- we have a few men but let me just say.. the apparatuses I specialize in aren't necessarily uh... manpart friendly... How do you ask an athlete celebrity "Excuse me big burly man, which side do you dress on so I don't smush it somehow" hahaha  

Honestly I'd probably have a blast. I love teaching intro classes- they're usually hilarious. 

13 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I've been putting a Google Maps star on all the rinks my son has played at least one game in as his hockey life continues.  We are up to 38 rinks in 6 states. I'm sure someone can put that to shame but I thought it was pretty cool because all of these stars represent time I've gotten to spend with my kid doing something we enjoy.  He's got a couple years left, need some more new rinks to play in.  ?

image.thumb.png.376698c1db1d2e8290a24b9fc6e5d5bb.png

Is that lone star in Northeast PA the icebox in Pittston or Coal Street in Wilkes Barre? Not too many rinks in these parts.

31 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I've been putting a Google Maps star on all the rinks my son has played at least one game in as his hockey life continues.  We are up to 38 rinks in 6 states. I'm sure someone can put that to shame but I thought it was pretty cool because all of these stars represent time I've gotten to spend with my kid doing something we enjoy.  He's got a couple years left, need some more new rinks to play in.  ?

image.thumb.png.376698c1db1d2e8290a24b9fc6e5d5bb.png

This is really cool so I put together my own map.

hockeymap.thumb.jpg.3ddf3d615c9ee6b8459dee558783bf38.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

How is that part of Wilkes-Barre after dark?  My Dad grew up in Nanticoke and according to him that area has always been rough...not that Nanticoke isn't a dumpster fire in its own right.

I park under the security camera...

All 6 of our murders per year take place within about 5 blocks of that rink. 

32 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I had some mustard ice cream awhile back (on a sage waffle with snails). It was pretty good, I'd absolutely eat it again. I'm not sure about yellow mustard though, this was more of a brown mustard style.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, MattPie said:

I had some mustard ice cream awhile back (on a sage waffle with snails). It was pretty good, I'd absolutely eat it again. I'm not sure about yellow mustard though, this was more of a brown mustard style.

That sounds fantastic.

• Like (+1) 1

What is awesome??  Being alive.  Retired.  Good health.  No money worries.  Loving wife.  Sitting on the balcony watching a light rain with a beer posting on Sabrespace. 

My dad said you need 3 things to be happy:

1. Health - Without health, nothing else matters.

2. Time - Time to enjoy life, wife, kids, wine, golf, whatever is your passion.

3. Money - Not millions and millions, but enough to be comfortable.

Thanks, Dad.  I miss him.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tondas said:

What is awesome??  Being alive.  Retired.  Good health.  No money worries.  Loving wife.  Sitting on the balcony watching a light rain with a beer posting on Sabrespace. 

My dad said you need 3 things to be happy:

1. Health - Without health, nothing else matters.

2. Time - Time to enjoy life, wife, kids, wine, golf, whatever is your passion.

3. Money - Not millions and millions, but enough to be comfortable.

Thanks, Dad.  I miss him.

I aspire to that. Glad to hear you're living the dream. 

• Thanks (+1) 1