Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I can ask my Dad... he taught Mark Twain's writings at UB for 30+ years.  One of his good friends found the second half of Tom Sawyer in his attic in a chest in a house off Delaware Ave downtown upon selling the place and moving out.  He called my Dad in to see if it was real.  I remember going with him to see it... didn't really realize the significance,  just thought I was cheap labor to help in the move.  Then later read articles on it...  Yes Twain used to live down in those parts.

Very, very, cool ...  I’d love to hear more about Twain in Buffalo.  PS ...  Take The Buffalo River tour.   What a great 90 minutes.  I learned so much ...  I THOUGHT I already knew so much.  Buffalo is a very special place.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/african-medical-missionuganda&rcid=r01-156233778795-182c399c80bc40db&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_m

I don't know where to put this, I am heading back to Uganda on August 1st, we opened an orphanage over the weekend he winter and are trying to expand the clinic also, there is a great need for medical care and supplies, as well as basics like food and clean water. I may be branching into the South Sudan this trip also to try and make an impact there also. Any little bit helps and if you could please share this, it would be greatly appreciated ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/african-medical-missionuganda&rcid=r01-156233778795-182c399c80bc40db&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_m

I don't know where to put this, I am heading back to Uganda on August 1st, we opened an orphanage over the weekend he winter and are trying to expand the clinic also, there is a great need for medical care and supplies, as well as basics like food and clean water. I may be branching into the South Sudan this trip also to try and make an impact there also. Any little bit helps and if you could please share this, it would be greatly appreciated ?

There is a wife of a guy I know who collects surplus med supplies.  Ill ask and send her you link.  PM with any additional contact info I can share.

https://buffaloah.com/h/twain/twain.html Found in steamer trunk in home of former Buffalonian in LA, interesting that is where it was reported. But I know it was discovered in Buffalo and I misremembered he lived in Twains house in Buffalo on Delaware (ST) Ave.  Was moving to Cali where he must have reported it found.  Love the inaccuracy though.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

Good and bad news about removed tumor..good news tissue non of tissue around it tested positive for cancer.  Bad news it perforated bladder wall and have to see an oncologist about possible chemo... crap just got the news. Will do what I have to.

Edited by North Buffalo

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Good and bad news about removed tumor..good news around it tested positive for cancer.  Bad news it perforated bladder wall and have to see an oncologist about possible chemo... crap just got the news. Will do what I have to.

Good luck w/ it.  Will say a prayer for you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Good and bad news about removed tumor..good news tissue non of tissue around it tested positive for cancer.  Bad news it perforated bladder wall and have to see an oncologist about possible chemo... crap just got the news. Will do what I have to.

Well, you seem to have a HOF attitude.    We’re all here!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I am sorry to hear this, the good news (if you want to call it that) is that this is not typically a very aggressive CA, and can be kept in check much better than some of the others. 

Good luck, you'll rock, and F cancer 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

One step/day at a time. You seem like a fighter and I believe you will get through this.

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am sorry to hear this, the good news (if you want to call it that) is that this is not typically a very aggressive CA, and can be kept in check much better than some of the others. 

Good luck, you'll rock, and F cancer 

Yeh that is what I have read and been told.. seeing oncologist tomorrow

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

One step/day at a time. You seem like a fighter and I believe you will get through this.

No other choice... helps to keep a dark sense of humor ??

• Like (+1) 2