Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Is this one of those scams to get personal info, like the “your dog’s name and street you grew up on is your stripper name” scam?

My stripper name is Dr. Fill

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, SwampD said:

Is this one of those scams to get personal info, like the “your dog’s name and street you grew up on is your stripper name” scam?

I always wonder, but since you’re not giving up the month, I can’t imagine the info is too useful. 

I am in Hamburg, N.Y., sitting on the back porch of a family farm.  I was married here 34 years ago, Saturday.  I just finished steak and chicken kabobs, red potatoes, cantaloupe, melon and strawberries.  Half of the four NeoEttes are with me, along with a MrsNeo and a daughter-in-law.  A third NeoEtte is on his way.  I played with five, yes five, grandkids, including twins I’m holding for the first time.  A half a dozen birds are calling to one another, far above me, in a fifty year old majestic Maple Tree.

My in-laws have shared this magical ten acres with God since 1850.  Farmers.  I proposed to MrsNeo here, under a full moon, in a cornfield, nearly 36 years ago.  I spent an hour, that night, with my wife’s dad before inviting my wife to take a walk.  He gave me permission and blessing.  “Mom and Dad” are sitting with us, right here, right now.  They’re 88 and 82, and they worked all day.  I know no one as gracefully and graciously happy as they are.

Some “Fourth of July” Eve fireworks are popping in the air.  Some are close by.  The others, perhaps, are in Orchard Park.  Somethings never change.

Tomorrow is a Buffalo River Tour, then a backyard picnic.  We’ll find fireworks in the evening.  Three days of friends and cousins and enjoying this great outdoors.  We’ll close with two nights and three days at the Prince of Wales in Niagara on the Lake.  Flowers, the River, and Papa Cocktails in the Churchill Lounge.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

On 6/28/2019 at 9:08 PM, Hoss said:

Let’s have some fun:

To give an example: my 18th birthday was in 2010. My birthdate is the 16th. So the 16th pick that year was Vladimir Tarasenko.

Who is yours?

Mike Foligno ....  PERFECT!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, Let's Go B-Lo said:

2 things that are awesome.

Caesare's at the Beach - Clearwater Beach, FL

Bon Appetit - Dunedin, FL

My God. So good. Veal parm at the first, scallops at the 2nd.

Missed you!  I was in Dunedin on Saturday night.  Barfly!

On 6/29/2019 at 4:26 PM, SwampD said:

Jason Culver ...

I grew so tired of those little bloodsucking happiness thieves that I sprung for the $15 mosquito net. Built a set of angel wings out of some 1x1 scrap.

This is my ***** hot tub you mother ***** rat bastards.

70C28CFA-2A99-412B-965F-9AD0E6AE1CBB.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Added a few new pieces towards making my house a home, an awesome custom wine rack I bought from niagara emporium at a steal of a price, and also the same gentleman built a Beatles coffee table for my music/travel room! 

20190703_220822.jpg

20190703_220733.jpg

20190703_220808.jpg

20190703_220700.jpg

20190703_220648.jpg

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

@Wyldnwoody44 calves sighting!!

?

Really, figured him for the Beach Boys. ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/29/2019 at 1:26 PM, SwampD said:

No, definitely not. Giving the last four of your social is a voluntary part of this exercise.

1 minute ago, bobs0108 said:

The Swannie I remember that place. Great wings and bar food with cold beer. Are the taking credit yet.

My dad would also park on the street their when we would go to the Sabres games. 

Still cash only, but there’s an ATM inside.  Mark Twain is said to have had a meal or two at the Swannie during his Buffalo stay.  He certainly knew the neighborhood, the First Ward longshoremen, and the vibe.

15 hours ago, Neo said:

Still cash only, but there’s an ATM inside.  Mark Twain is said to have had a meal or two at the Swannie during his Buffalo stay.  He certainly knew the neighborhood, the First Ward longshoremen, and the vibe.

I can ask my Dad... he taught Mark Twain's writings at UB for 30+ years.  One of his good friends found the second half of Tom Sawyer in his attic in a chest in a house off Delaware Ave downtown upon selling the place and moving out.  He called my Dad in to see if it was real.  I remember going with him to see it... didn't really realize the significance,  just thought I was cheap labor to help in the move.  Then later read articles on it...  Yes Twain used to live down in those parts.