Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

When the vet has to kill your pet, they can put both shots into the hindquarters or lower and the job is done within 4 minutes.

So much better than 35 years ago.

What vet did you go to 35 years ago?  I worked for one in High School and that is how we did it.

Quoted cost of repair at a dealership: $13110.

Actual cost of repair at a trusted mechanic: $257.

I love my car; the dealership quote almost made me cry, until I confirmed what little diagnostic work they did (nothing) before they quoted me for an all new crate engine.  Christ was I happy to get it away from that dealer and get it to my guy.  Even my guy was skeptical about being able to find/fix the issue, but I encouraged him a little, and he did not disappoint.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Quoted cost of repair at a dealership: $13110.

Actual cost of repair at a trusted mechanic: $257.

I love my car; the dealership quote almost made me cry, until I confirmed what little diagnostic work they did (nothing) before they quoted me for an all new crate engine.  Christ was I happy to get it away from that dealer and get it to my guy.  Even my guy was skeptical about being able to find/fix the issue, but I encouraged him a little, and he did not disappoint.

I have never been happier since I found a guy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Went to my gym finally succumbed to asking a personal trainer to help me with knee stiffness and right hip soreness what I could to stretch. She showed me and gave my knees quads, right hip and glutes an adjustment.  Wow havent felt this good in months and keep your minds outta the gutter.  Gonna try those stretches regularly and see if they work. Need to strengthen my quads apparently.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

A nice weekend away, but in the state at the Adirondacks.... Climbed whiteface mountain, did a cliff edge jump, and kayaked blue mountain lake

20190526_131652_011_01.jpg

20190526_130535.jpg

20190527_095320.jpg

I’ve summited that and 7 others in the region. It’s a great challenge. And by the looks of it a beautiful day to do it. The views are some of the best. 

Good job summiting.??

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

I’ve summited that and 7 others in the region. It’s a great challenge. And by the looks of it a beautiful day to do it. The views are some of the best. 

Good job summiting.??

This one was rough, also did blue lake mountain (not technically a summit) but it was also a steep, difficult, and full of bugs. Took the kayak out across the lake and then the water trail to castle Rock. 5 hours from Buffalo it's hard to believe! 

I'll never be a 46er, but I'm hopeful to do Mt Kilimanjaro either this August or next, and these are great training ?

Cheers 

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This one was rough, also did blue lake mountain (not technically a summit) but it was also a steep, difficult, and full of bugs. Took the kayak out across the lake and then the water trail to castle Rock. 5 hours from Buffalo it's hard to believe! 

I'll never be a 46er, but I'm hopeful to do Mt Kilimanjaro either this August or next, and these are great training ?

Cheers 

Just don't be the next doctor to die in a traffic jam on Everest! 

PS: The Whiteface summit is in the top 5 most beautiful views in all of the North East. Awesome pics.

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Cheers 

Haha, yea, I’ll never be a 46er either. Mt. Marcy is a bear as well. Kilimanjaro will be a hell of an accomplishment. I hope you do it.

My wife and I over the years like to summit states high points. So far we have done 25 states. I know we’ll never do McKinley (Denali), but I’m hopeful to try to get to the rest.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Just don't be the next doctor to die in a traffic jam on Everest! 

PS: The Whiteface summit is in the top 5 most beautiful views in all of the North East. Awesome pics.

Ill never ever get to everest, ill never be in the shape and I can't see myself taking the time and $$ required. 

I was actually shocked, looked like photoshop up there. 

24 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Haha, yea, I’ll never be a 46er either. Mt. Marcy is a bear as well. Kilimanjaro will be a hell of an accomplishment. I hope you do it.

My wife and I over the years like to summit states high points. So far we have done 25 states. I know we’ll never do McKinley (Denali), but I’m hopeful to try to get to the rest.

Ill maybe be a 3'er lol, I bet you could do Denali, and it would be one of the 7 summits if you do get there.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:44 PM, Zamboni said:

Good job summiting.??

Plan to be skiing there next xmas, bucket list to skate on the olympic rink!

• Like (+1) 1