Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

46 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

C010EC96-03A9-40C7-9D19-81ACF9925BCC.jpeg

I had buttermilk biscuits with marmalade at Toutant last Friday to celebrate our anniversary and yeah... those things are worthy of their own national holiday. I need to learn how to make them right and not just chuck the Pillsbury ones in the oven... 

52 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You'd like snipe-hunting. You'd have to travel into Dirt to do it though. The city snipes are oversized and tough.

Funny, I just watched the Cheers snipe hunt episode last night.

I’ve been inspired to share by @PASabreFan‘s aborvitae saga...not nearly as cool but to someone who has never seen a rabbit’s nest...I’ve had one of these before that didn’t have a happy ending. These guys were in my strawberry garden. Baby rabbits get left in the nest all day until the mother returns at night to nurse. Two days after this they were gone and the nest filled in. No dead bodies like the last time. I’m having faith that they survived. Next comes the Cooper’s hawk and all the foxes we have around here. 

9498E2FE-32FC-40BD-82B0-735A88D2417E.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Good stuff, Ogre. As for the baby birds, they are gone. I have empty nest syndrome. I wonder if they will remember that a superior intelligent being was watching them from above — while they are in the Carolinas for the winter and I am having chest pains shoveling snow.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Good stuff, Ogre. As for the baby birds, they are gone. I have empty nest syndrome. I wonder if they will remember that a superior intelligent being was watching them from above — while they are in the Carolinas for the winter and I am having chest pains shoveling snow.

I don't know if they'll remember that one, but they'll certainly remember the inferior drooling goof who constantly stared at them and ran to the computer to post about them.?

And then when they're down this way, they'll convince my mockingbirds to take their attacks to a new level, finally eliminating that other message board fool.

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I thought you were the one watching them from above.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

The hell is yacht rock?

It's a station on SiriusXM consisting of

1 hour ago, Claude_Verret said:

Toto, Doobie brothers, Kenny Loggins et al.

Brutal, awful, ice pick to the ears stuff...

...but you forgot Christopher Cross whose "Sailing" is probably one of the inspirations for the name.

29 minutes ago, RJforPrez said:

Speaking as someone who enjoys cooking and doesn't mind the effort needed for something fancy, the juxtaposition of No Dirty Dishes Day and Cheese Soufflé Day is sort of making my head explode.

I think you’re supposed to find a restaurant that has it on the menu today.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Either those mockingbirds are really stupid or they take that revenge thing very seriously... or I guess it could be both.  I was sitting on my back porch yesterday and two of those birds flew in the the screen of one of my windows.  After about a minute or so, they both flew right back up into it.  I know that birds will fly into windows due to the reflection, but I can't imagine that was the case here.  The shades were closed on the inside of the window and also the screen itself should be very visible.  If they keep up their act, I'm going to come home one day to a bird massacre and a torn screen.

• Haha (+1) 1