Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

@Wyldnwoody44 that's awesome man! Glad you were finally able to catch the lights. Third time's a charm

The first 3 look like 'stock photos' from Google Images.  The 4th one looks staged in Eleven's yard in West Seneca.  The last one could be anywhere that Woody would find a fake bear on a fake rock.

??

1 hour ago, LTS said:

When does this thread get renamed "where in the world is Woody?"

In all fairness, I have kinda high jacked this thread lately lol. But it's with awesome things ? at least in my head. @New Scotland (NS)how did you know, next thing I know, you're gonna ramsack my green screen room ?

The forecast is calling for good visibility tonight from the Chena Hot Springs where we will be spending the eve, so hopefully I can snap some better pics. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

In all fairness, I have kinda high jacked this thread lately lol. But it's with awesome things ? at least in my head. @New Scotland (NS)how did you know, next thing I know, you're gonna ramsack my green screen room ?

The forecast is calling for good visibility tonight from the Chena Hot Springs where we will be spending the eve, so hopefully I can snap some better pics. 

They are awesome things.  I have said before.  I loved those pictures.  There's no harm in you showcasing your fun. 

11 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sorry @ubkevbut I had to post round 2, I encourage you to post your awesome stuff up too!!!

These are mostly from Chena Hot Springs tonight, so cool sitting in the steaming waters northeast of fairbanks. 

0209_1.jpg

0209_4.jpg

0209_6.jpg

20190209_221258.jpg

JFC is the sky illuminating the landscape in that color or is that your camera?   Either way, you're a lucky son of a bitch!

30 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

JFC is the sky illuminating the landscape in that color or is that your camera?   Either way, you're a lucky son of a bitch!

Thanks!! It's mostly the sky, opening the shutter speed a little help makes it pop. Either way, I don't think there's a picture I could take that would do justice to seeing it in person. 

56 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Thanks!! It's mostly the sky, opening the shutter speed a little help makes it pop. Either way, I don't think there's a picture I could take that would do justice to seeing it in person. 

I'll bet.  Thanks for sharing your pics.  It's nice to live vicariously through someone else on their world travels especially this time of year.  Enjoy!

@Wyldnwoody44 I did the dog sledding thing when I was up in Quebec City back in HS/College days. To this day one of the most memorable and coolest experiences I've had. It was so cool to experience the culture and mindset of human/animal co-dependence and how their lifestyle is so different from what we are used to. It also helped that our sled dog team had all the "legit" dogs and not the in-training ones, so our sled of four bear dogs were way faster than everyone else's team of 6. ?

4 hours ago, jsb said:

In with the thread title change

download (1).jpg

OK now this is hilarious 

3 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

@Wyldnwoody44 I did the dog sledding thing when I was up in Quebec City back in HS/College days. To this day one of the most memorable and coolest experiences I've had. It was so cool to experience the culture and mindset of human/animal co-dependence and how their lifestyle is so different from what we are used to. It also helped that our sled dog team had all the "legit" dogs and not the in-training ones, so our sled of four bear dogs were way faster than everyone else's team of 6. ?

We had a sled of 10 and the amount of power and speed was mind blowing, they were all racing dogs and a bunch run the iditerod or at least have run it. The husky classic also rolled through fairbanks yesterday so we got to witness some high energy competition, def something everyone should try and do once in their life 

• Like (+1) 1

From reddit:

Took my 5 year old to his first NHL game on Buffalo. Sitting in the 300s when a man offers us seats on the glass for the third period. End the might with a signed stick from Jack Eichel for my son. I love hockey fans!renderTimingPixel.png

Like the title says a kind man and his daughter said they were leaving after the second and we could use their seats. My little guy was amazed being so close to the players. He had me take a lot of pictures to show his friends at school. When the game ended Jack Eichel won the second star and skates over, pointed at my son and handed him a stick. I can't imagine a more magical first game for a young player and fan. Thank you to those kind strangers from section 106. I wish I could see you again to thank you a third time. I also realize it's pretty typical for the stars of the game to hand out sticks but either way Jack Eichel has won a fan in this happy father.

• Like (+1) 3