Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

On 1/19/2019 at 12:39 PM, darksabre said:

I went with the nighthawk too. I've been happy with my Netgear modem. This router is bangin. 

Update (NOT awesome alert)

I loved my new Nighthawk for ~4 days. Then I tried to work from home. I use a Cisco Anyconnect VPN for all of my access. Apparently there’s a known issue (previously unknown to me, of course) with the Nighthawk firmware that makes it incompatible with my specific VPN. I tried everything imaginable in the router settings but i couldn’t get a stable connection. I finally gave up and googled if there was a problem specific to my VPN. Sure enough, Netgear has been promising a firmware fix since 2016!! Everything I’ve owned from them has been bulletproof and exceeded my expectations, but this backlogged fix was a bit of a letdown. 

Anyway, I’m packing her up today and shipping back to amazon. I have a new TP Link on the way, roughly the same price but should work with my VPN. It’ll be here tomorrow. Amazon, now they are awesome. 

2 minutes ago, EichSnipe said:

Update (NOT awesome alert)

I loved my new Nighthawk for ~4 days. Then I tried to work from home. I use a Cisco Anyconnect VPN for all of my access. Apparently there’s a known issue (previously unknown to me, of course) with the Nighthawk firmware that makes it incompatible with my specific VPN. I tried everything imaginable in the router settings but i couldn’t get a stable connection. I finally gave up and googled if there was a problem specific to my VPN. Sure enough, Netgear has been promising a firmware fix since 2016!! Everything I’ve owned from them has been bulletproof and exceeded my expectations, but this backlogged fix was a bit of a letdown. 

Anyway, I’m packing her up today and shipping back to amazon. I have a new TP Link on the way, roughly the same price but should work with my VPN. It’ll be here tomorrow. Amazon, now they are awesome. 

Damn. That's so weird. 

enjoying a beautiful night out, on the rooftop terrace in Istanbul, some pics over the last few days, stayed in a cave hotel in Cappadocia, visited an ancient underground city, a day trip down to Troy, and a legit Turkish bath! And of course some Turkish jet fuel along the way, because I know NS appreciates it ?

20190125_221830.jpg

20190125_091001.jpg

20190125_184752.jpg

20190125_211439.jpg

20190124_141958.jpg

20190125_073444.jpg

20190125_090052.jpg

20190123_133804.jpg

20190124_120749.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Woodsie,

I think I was on that same rooftop terrace in Istanbul.  Nice hookha.  Is that a freakin Man U jersey you have on?

Nice coffee ...

Glad you are wearing shorts in the bath house man.

It was called symbol cafe, I had a guy readymy coffee grounds/tarot, pretty cool, and yes, I was rocking my long sleeve Man U jersey around, it always provokes some convo around other countries ?

This particular Haman was not segragated into M/F and they also gave some disposable briefs, although I was fully prepped to go bare bones ??

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I really don't think I could have my face that close to some stranger's feet.

It's a bath house in turkey, and I have next to no shame haha 

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Awesome stuff @Wyldnwoody44

Thanks ? hopefully I'll post some pics of the northern lights next week, I'm heading up to Alaska for 5 days to dogsled and try (for a 3rd time) to chase the lights 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This particular Haman was not segragated into M/F and they also gave some disposable briefs, although I was fully prepped to go bare bones ??

It's a bath house in turkey, and I have next to no shame haha 

The dude with the speedo wins the day

And that foot has tinea pedis and MRSA written all over it 

This has been kicking around on social media for a while, I guess. A middle-aged mom painted an egret, and was worried that no one would like it. Apparently, her son is an artist (?) so he painted her holding her painting of an egret. And then a whole bunch of other artists got involved -- with amazing results.

https://nubleh.github.io/i_painted/old.html?fbclid=IwAR0FS1C0Jmb-BMyuzuPFE3Rt9zDS8GYj4VbgNnNmDxx04NghwmHDPCEEJMs

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

With the heat and all the wild kids, I get it ???

It's a lot of work with two kids in tow.  You don't get to really appreciate everything, but I got to appreciate that ride by myself and I walked out to an impressively lit Pandora.  A must see. 

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It was visible from West Seneca last week.

It’s not quite the same.? 

I saw them in Marsh Lake, Yukon a while back. We had just gotten done playing shinny and someone burst in to the 15x15 warming/changing hut to tell us that there were northern lights were happening. Someone killed the lights to the rink and parking lot and everyone filed outside to watch them. I’ll never forget that trip.