Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Finally decided to drop the money on a new internet router today. Our existing one still works but it's like ten years old and I was getting suspicious that it just didn't have the processing power to really let our connected devices shine. 

Sure enough, our internet connection speed through the new router is literally TWICE as fast. 

Honestly, I'm stunned the old router was choking things up that badly. 

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Finally decided to drop the money on a new internet router today. Our existing one still works but it's like ten years old and I was getting suspicious that it just didn't have the processing power to really let our connected devices shine. 

Sure enough, our internet connection speed through the new router is literally TWICE as fast. 

Honestly, I'm stunned the old router was choking things up that badly. 

I did the same two weeks ago. Speeds are through the roof now. Worth every penny

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I did the same two weeks ago. Speeds are through the roof now. Worth every penny

I went from 60 down 10 up to 120 down 10+ up. That's crazy. I have a nice modem which I figured was more important and I just assumed my Spectrum service was crap. Turns out I was quite mistaken. 

13 hours ago, darksabre said:

I went from 60 down 10 up to 120 down 10+ up. That's crazy. I have a nice modem which I figured was more important and I just assumed my Spectrum service was crap. Turns out I was quite mistaken. 

Ha, I did the exact same thing last week. I went from 45/10 to 110/10 by replacing my router with a decent nighthawk. Never realized quite how much I was sacrificing with my outdated one. 

The thing that kills the old routers isn't even always the speed, its the amount of connections you can make. 10 years ago you had like 4-5 devices in your home that used wifi, now I can see 7 things in my living room alone that use it. The old routers just weren't made for that. I never thought about it until my dad upgraded his a few years ago and mentioned that as a reason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EichSnipe said:

Ha, I did the exact same thing last week. I went from 45/10 to 110/10 by replacing my router with a decent nighthawk. Never realized quite how much I was sacrificing with my outdated one. 

I went with the nighthawk too. I've been happy with my Netgear modem. This router is bangin. 

17 hours ago, SwampD said:

Just realized that a bottle of Sam Adams fits perfectly in my old timey bathroom toothbrush holder.

5F94B1B4-F4E0-47E4-8172-E9C8D7DBC129.thumb.jpeg.5a785350c776307f6ffcd2f1edcc0fc7.jpeg

Now you just need to find something to put in the toothbrush slots.  What would go well with the beer?

And on a side note, I hate that Sam has their spring beers out already.  They always jump the gun on changing those over.  That and the spring pack has Sam 76 in it.  Isn't that out all year?  That's 50% of the spring pack that you already get whenever you want.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Now you just need to find something to put in the toothbrush slots.  What would go well with the beer?

And on a side note, I hate that Sam has their spring beers out already.  They always jump the gun on changing those over.  That and the spring pack has Sam 76 in it.  Isn't that out all year?  That's 50% of the spring pack that you already get whenever you want.

Genny Bock is out already too.  I feel like beer seasonals are experiencing the same creep that we see with Christmas. They start hyping 2 months before the traditional styles come out.

55 minutes ago, Weave said:

Genny Bock is out already too.  I feel like beer seasonals are experiencing the same creep that we see with Christmas. They start hyping 2 months before the traditional styles come out.

Genny Bock has been out in January at least for the past 3 years.  Probably even longer than that.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Genny Bock has been out in January at least for the past 3 years.  Probably even longer than that.

Yes, but the style is traditionally a spring style.  A maibock.  A bock beer for May.  Hence the Christmas style creep.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not denying that it is supposed to be a Spring brew.  Simply pointing out that this has been going on for a while.

Sam has always been doing it, but it's gotten a bit over the top in the last couple years.  Winter lager is gone at the start of January, even though that's pretty much the heart of winter.  I'm not so sure you can get Oktoberfest in October.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not denying that it is supposed to be a Spring brew.  Simply pointing out that this has been going on for a while.

I kinda give Genny a pass for the Goat because it's not the most traditional of Bock beers anyway. But they definitely release it a little bit too early.

I hope that in the future they'll extend the run of the Schwarzbier they did this winter. I thought it was quite good and could spend more time on the shelves before Bock shows up.