Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I'm curious what you plan to convert to digital. Is it stuff that simply doesn't exist outside of your vinyl pressings?

Mainly stuff that I've not gotten around to buying on CD. Some Floyd, Genesis, Yes, & BTO to start. The Alarm, the Payola$ too. Judas Priest, King Crimson, & Zappa. Haven't even looked at my vinyl collection in years. Probably have over 100 albums that I never got on CD.

Some of the stuff is rare, but most of it is just stuff I never could justify re-buying, especially after having kids.

Mainly stuff that I've not gotten around to buying on CD. Some Floyd, Genesis, Yes, & BTO to start. The Alarm, the Payola$ too. Judas Priest, King Crimson, & Zappa. Haven't even looked at my vinyl collection in years. Probably have over 100 albums that I never got on CD.

Some of the stuff is rare, but most of it is just stuff I never could justify re-buying, especially after having kids.

A lot of that stuff is probably available to stream on Prime Music so you don't even need to buy the physical albums. I know that personally if I'm not spinning the physical vinyl it's easy enough to just stream it. Although I know the quality isn't as good as CD thanks to compression.

A lot of that stuff is probably available to stream on Prime Music so you don't even need to buy the physical albums. I know that personally if I'm not spinning the physical vinyl it's easy enough to just stream it. Although I know the quality isn't as good as CD thanks to compression.

And there's the rub. I realize .WAV isn't as rich as, nor has the range of, full analog playback but it still is noticeably better than mp3.

Also, there's something really comforting (for lack of a better word :lol:) about listening to albums straight through. Making playlists from disks you own is cool too. Guess one of thes days I'll have to reorganize the collections biographically. :lol:

And there's the rub. I realize .WAV isn't as rich as, nor has the range of, full analog playback but it still is noticeably better than mp3.

Also, there's something really comforting (for lack of a better word :lol:) about listening to albums straight through. Making playlists from disks you own is cool too. Guess one of thes days I'll have to reorganize the collections biographically. :lol:

Whatever you say Cusak from High Fidelity. :flirt:

Whatever you say Cusak from High Fidelity. :flirt:

:lol:

If that would be herculean, pretty sure just trying to do chronologically by date of purchase would be nearly impossible.

Though sorting by "WTF did that seem like a good purchase at the time" might be interesting as well. ;)

Girls vs. Boys

Girls remember anniversary of first date

Boys barely remember the anniversary of their own wedding

Oh before I forget congratulations!!!

:beer: Back at you

Edited by jsb

Anniversary of first date?

Actually, we really don't know when the actual date is. Just kinda turned into us looking at each other one day and going "you're my girlfriend/bf, right?" He kissed me for the first time on April Fools (easy to remember) and then we were just busy with school/life for a couple weeks seeing each other when we could. Didn't want it to be 4/1- I'd been dumped the previous year on April Fool's and lemme tell you, having an important thing happen to you on that day sucks.

He chose 4/25 some months after we'd been together and we had figured out that this was actually going to be a lasting thing. Doesn't really matter, honestly!  

Girls vs. Boys

Ah he remembers, I'm just the louder one on social media/make art for it. 

I think he remembered better this year than I did, actually. 

Congrats!!

My hope is that if he gets that '7 year itch' thing that you are right there to scratch it.  And vise versa ...  ;)

I brought this up while we were hiking on Sunday. He'd never heard the phrase before, actually. He claims to be all set in that department. I mean, I may not be *insert gorgeous perfect wonderful dream girl celeb whatever here* but he could do worse haha 

Edited by josie

He chose 4/25 some months after we'd been together and we had figured out that this was actually going to be a lasting thing. Doesn't really matter, honestly!  

I like the choice... Some would even say that 4/25 is the perfect date ;)

Edited by EichSnipe

Girls vs. Boys

I'm one of those rare cases of the guy who actually remembers the date.  Strangely enough it's the combination of our birthdays, the 5th and the 28th.  I'm a numbers guy so it sticks out.

Actually, we really don't know when the actual date is. Just kinda turned into us looking at each other one day and going "you're my girlfriend/bf, right?" He kissed me for the first time on April Fools (easy to remember) and then we were just busy with school/life for a couple weeks seeing each other when we could. Didn't want it to be 4/1- I'd been dumped the previous year on April Fool's and lemme tell you, having an important thing happen to you on that day sucks.

I brought this up while we were hiking on Sunday. He'd never heard the phrase before, actually. He claims to be all set in that department. I mean, I may not be *insert gorgeous perfect wonderful dream girl celeb whatever here* but he could do worse haha 

Don't sell yourself short, as they say.  To dark you are much more than all that.

You can record in 24-bit 96khz and I'd be surprised if you could hear the difference if you're really worried about it.

Congrats!!

My hope is that if he gets that '7 year itch' thing that you are right there to scratch it.  And vise versa ...  ;)

I only get 3 month itches. I'd never dated a girl longer than that until Josie. I get sick of people pretty quick, but not this time around.  :lol:  

You can record in 24-bit 96khz and I'd be surprised if you could hear the difference if you're really worried about it.

Not terribly worried about it, but considering all my CD's, except a couple of rare ones stolen a long time ago by a "friend," are backed up in .WAV format am planning on backing the vinyl up the same way. The storage is cheap enough & everything but the turntable is already set up. Though had tried a cheap turntable a few years ago that the wife got me for Christmas, so even the turntable settings are probably properly set. Truly don't see a reason to go out of my way & NOT burn to .WAV.

When the heck did he change his name from d4rk. I'm confused enough on this site without him adding to it.

When the great (?) Swedish name theme went by the wayside.  A month + ago.  Maybe even 2 monthsish.

There was a grand announcement.  You must have not been following along in your program ...  :P