What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I was so irritable on Easter Sunday that I didn't bother with a special meal.

I'm making up for it with takeout from Oliver's tomorrow.  It's been four long weeks and it's time to treat myself a bit.  Unfortunately my favorite appetizer^ is not takeout-able, but everything else that I like on the menu is there!

^it is a soft-boiled egg (in shell) with generous pieces of smoked pork belly in it, topped with a truffle foam.  It's tough to think of an egg that's worth $9.  This one is.

Edited by Eleven

23 hours ago, Eleven said:

I was so irritable on Easter Sunday that I didn't bother with a special meal.

I'm making up for it with takeout from Oliver's tomorrow.  It's been four long weeks and it's time to treat myself a bit.  Unfortunately my favorite appetizer^ is not takeout-able, but everything else that I like on the menu is there!

^it is a soft-boiled egg (in shell) with generous pieces of smoked pork belly in it, topped with a truffle foam.  It's tough to think of an egg that's worth $9.  This one is.

Omigosh I'm so glad I did this.  My dwindling savings won't be happy, but some people like retail therapy and others like gastronomic therapy...

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Omigosh I'm so glad I did this.  My dwindling savings won't be happy, but some people like retail therapy and others like gastronomic therapy...

Food often does therauputic things for me.  But cooking the meal is a big part of it,

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Food often does therauputic things for me.  But cooking the meal is a big part of it,

I love cooking.  I loathe cooking for one.  And I can't find steak or wild mushrooms or exotic greens--three of the ingredients in their freaking amazing steak sandwich--in Buffalo right now.

Naptime.  The sign of a good meal.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I love cooking.  I loathe cooking for one.  And I can't find steak or wild mushrooms or exotic greens--three of the ingredients in their freaking amazing steak sandwich--in Buffalo right now.

Naptime.  The sign of a good meal.

God I hate cooking for one. I wish more people would take me up when I offer to have them over for dinner. I’m not doing it for them, I’m doing it for me. They just happen to benefit. 

Edited by #freejame
If it makes you feel better there’s no steak in Charleston either
  • Like (+1) 2

I cook every day. Love it! When my wife and kid go home to visit family and I stay behind, I never cook. Never. I'll eat Taco Bell for lunch and dinner every day they're gone. I will make myself an omelette for breakfast. But that's the only cooking I ever do for one person.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Its not "manly" but I enjoy a good hard seltzer, especially sitting in the hot tub with one. 

My wife makes me the fruitist, most "girly" drinks ever. And ya know what? They're good. Sometimes they're too sweet and not boozy enough, but most of the time they're alright. I'll drink whatever and call it manly. 

...As long as it's not a ***** IPA. Those God awful things are like penance! What did I do to deserve this punishment of the worst beer any angry God could create!?

Edited by ubkev
Edit: not a homophobic reference. The drinks are quite literally full of fruit.

3 minutes ago, ubkev said:

My wife makes me the fruitist, most "girly" drinks ever. And ya know what? They're good. Sometimes they're too sweet and not boozy enough, but most of the time they're alright. I'll drink whatever and call it manly. 

...As long as it's not a ***** IPA. Those God awful things are like penance! What did I do to deserve this punishment of the worst beer any angry God could create!?

You know what you did.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Its not "manly" but I enjoy a good hard seltzer, especially sitting in the hot tub with one. 

I like them too, but some of the flavors are god awful. I make my own. SodaStream bubbles, vodka, splash of whatever juice we have in the fridge. Usually cranberry.

30 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I like them too, but some of the flavors are god awful. I make my own. SodaStream bubbles, vodka, splash of whatever juice we have in the fridge. Usually cranberry.

Can you make LaCroix-style flavored seltzers with that thing?  Because I spend a small fortune on that stuff.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Can you make LaCroix-style flavored seltzers with that thing?  Because I spend a small fortune on that stuff.

I can’t say for sure, but, yes. The SodaStream was the best money I think I’ve ever spent. Sometimes I’ll just squeeze a slice of lime in it,... and vodka, of course.

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yes you can.  I also spend a fortune on LaCroix seltzer.  I really should buy a soda stream.

Or go buy a 1/6 barrel keg like I used to use for homebrewing and carbonate seltzers in bulk and have it on tap........

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yes you can.  I also spend a fortune on LaCroix seltzer.  I really should buy a soda stream.

Or go buy a 1/6 barrel keg like I used to use for homebrewing and carbonate seltzers in bulk and have it on tap........

I have my fridge set to the exact amount that the SodaStream bottle holds, so I don’t even have to pay attention when filling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.