What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Worst part about salads IMO. I can eat a bowl of leafy greens and I'll be hungry in two hours.

True, true. I eat a salad daily consisting of 3oz by weight each of spinach, carrots, and broccoli. Fills a 2 quart bowl but doesn't fill me up for long. The trick I've found is to eat a small portion of something relatively healthy shortly afterwards, like a dozen triscuits or a spoonful of peanut butter. The PB does an amazing job of keeping the hunger away for a couple hours.

True, true. I eat a salad daily consisting of 3oz by weight each of spinach, carrots, and broccoli. Fills a 2 quart bowl but doesn't fill me up for long. The trick I've found is to eat a small portion of something relatively healthy shortly afterwards, like a dozen triscuits or a spoonful of peanut butter. The PB does an amazing job of keeping the hunger away for a couple hours.

8 oz. of skim milk w/ the salad might do the trick, too.

It's a pretty healthy snack. The chocolate pretzels weren't, but I only had three of those.

I don't know. You called d4rk out for his "tickled my fancy" line and now you're talking about tofu jerkey. This seems a bit questionable to me. We might have to put this one up to the judges.

• Like (+1) 2

8 oz. of skim milk w/ the salad might do the trick, too.

So would 8 oz of steak.

I don't know. You called d4rk out for his "tickled my fancy" line and now you're talking about tofu jerkey. This seems a bit questionable to me. We might have to put this one up to the judges.

No self respecting man would shop in a store that sells tofu jerkey, and he certainly wouldn't buy it.

So would 8 oz of steak.

No self respecting man would shop in a store that sells tofu jerkey, and he certainly wouldn't buy it.

Fair points, but it's really freaking good.

I could see ending up in a store that sells tofu jerky. I could even see accidentally straying into the aisle where tofu jerky is kept. But actually picking up a package of tofu jerky and considering it? Might as well hit the nearest bistro and order a mangotini.

I could see ending up in a store that sells tofu jerky. I could even see accidentally straying into the aisle where tofu jerky is kept. But actually picking up a package of tofu jerky and considering it? Might as well hit the nearest bistro and order a mangotini.

Obviously being asked to buy something like this for a woman completely cancels out all of this. Still, you should at least put up a good fight before agreeing to that.

I'd give it a shot. Baked, marinated Tofu is pretty good, I'd think that's not that far off from what we're talking about. I also make a pretty mean Chocolate Tofu Pie. you wouldn't know it has tofu in it, it ends up being like a less dense fudge. I suspect some here just revoked my man-card. But, as a self-respecting man myself, I couldn't care less for what someone else thinks is appropriate for me to eat. :)

• Like (+1) 1

Lengua (cow tongue) and carne asasda tacos from the taco truck parked down the road from my office. On fresh warm corn tortillas, with cilantro and spicy salsa verde. Fantastic.

I bet it's not tofu jerkey, is it?

It most definitely is not. If he ever came near my man cave with tofu jerky he would be barred for life.

• Like (+1) 2

Lengua (cow tongue) and carne asasda tacos from the taco truck parked down the road from my office. On fresh warm corn tortillas, with cilantro and spicy salsa verde. Fantastic.

It most definitely is not. If he ever came near my man cave with tofu jerky he would be barred for life.

I would give this post a +2 if I could, but alas, it won't let me. Both portions are worthy, and my wegmans sushi is now woefully insufficient.

Okay, okay; I had a meatball sub for lunch as penance.

Turkey meatball?

I don't know.......I think Tofu Jerky is your Lucic incident. This will not be forgotten for years.

I'd give it a shot. Baked, marinated Tofu is pretty good, I'd think that's not that far off from what we're talking about. I also make a pretty mean Chocolate Tofu Pie. you wouldn't know it has tofu in it, it ends up being like a less dense fudge. I suspect some here just revoked my man-card. But, as a self-respecting man myself, I couldn't care less for what someone else thinks is appropriate for me to eat. :)

The choice of jerkey....one of the most manly food concepts out there...the food cherished by rugged cowboys, and felons on the run in the wilderness......to take that precious, what should be meat product.....then willingly seek out the most dainty and feminine version of it you could ever possibly concoct.....then consume it.....and willingly tell others about it....93% of whom are men following a sport.....and seemingly enjoy it?

You can have your pie. People eat rhubarb pie and minced meat pie. You have company.

Tofu jerkey?

I never knew it existed, and I still am in such shock that I feel as if I walked in on my dad cheating on my mother with another man.

Obviously being asked to buy something like this for a woman completely cancels out all of this. Still, you should at least put up a good fight before agreeing to that.

...and you absolutely don't talk about it with your male hockey buddies. We all have our dirty little secrets.

Turkey meatball?

I don't know.......I think Tofu Jerky is your Lucic incident. This will not be forgotten for years.

The choice of jerkey....one of the most manly food concepts out there...the food cherished by rugged cowboys, and felons on the run in the wilderness......to take that precious, what should be meat product.....then willingly seek out the most dainty and feminine version of it you could ever possibly concoct.....then consume it.....and willingly tell others about it....93% of whom are men following a sport.....and seemingly enjoy it?

You can have your pie. People eat rhubarb pie and minced meat pie. You have company.

Tofu jerkey?

I never knew it existed, and I still am in such shock that I feel as if I walked in on my dad cheating on my mother with another man.

Outstanding.

...and you absolutely don't talk about it with your male hockey buddies. We all have our dirty little secrets.

And if by some chance you do make this mistake, you need to quickly come up with a cover story. I'd even be willing to accept "I bought it by accident and didn't want to just throw it away". You may get the dunce treatment, but being cheap is a perfectly acceptable defense.

Turkey meatball?

Tofu jerkey?

Hey, man, I'm not willing to do what you do for protein.

Hmm, they apparently have it over at Whole Foods, I'll report back...

Give it a shot.

Hey, man, I'm not willing to do what you do for protein.

Stan: Look, the sea people have evolved to an Egyptian-like culture.

Tweek: Soon they'll discover frozen food. Goh-ho.

Cartman: That should be enough water, Kyle. You got the new sea-people packets, Tweek?

Tweek: Uh-uh huh.

Stan: Well, drop them in!

Cartman: And I've got the sea men.

Kyle: Wow. That's a lot of sea men you've got there, Cartman.

Cartman: Yeah, I bought all that I could at this bank, and then I got the rest from this guy Ralph in an alley.

Stan: That's cool.

Cartman: Yeah, and the sweet thing is, this stupid ###### didn't even charge me money for it. He just made me close my eyes and suck it out of a hose. Heh.

Stan: Okay, now let's put the sea ciety in its new home.

Cartman: Nothin' to do now but wait.

Stan: ...Close your eyes and suck it out of a hose?

• Like (+1) 1

I

Dude that sounds great. Authentic mexican taqueria open down the road a while back..usually i get the carnitas, got the tongue last time...wonderful. Next time I get 2 of each(they are pretty small).

Tonight, steak ah poivre(Sp) with smashed roasetd potatos and frozen peas. The steak i have done numerous times, first time on the taters..both from Americas Test Kitchen cookbooks. I like those.

Trying to decidde on the wine..the Tate Ball Buster or the Decoy..can't go wrong with either for a Wednesday night. Having a 60 minute now while cooking..wifey poo made key lime pie last night, so that is for desert.

CHZ, I am on of the ones gunna die early??????

First time i have been home for a Sabre game in like 3 weeks..actually looking forward to watching these knuckleheads after dinner

Edited by plenzmd1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.