Weave

What are you eating (or drinking)?

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Traditional Polish Xmas eve meal. Kielbasa, kapusta, perogies with buttered onion, grochowka, borscht with sour cream.....

I made the deserts...Eggnog custard pie with sugar cookie crust, cheesecake with homemade strawberry syrup and a wild black raspberry pie...

My belly hurts...

OMG, holy throw-back.  

1 minute ago, Santa Claus said:

I think I want to love you.

There’s enough to go around...

I’ll leave a slice out for you😉 

Chicago deep dish pizza just went in the oven.....

I just had the weirdest wings ever. I'm in Lake George, so expectations were low, but they were freaking weird! It's was basically like eating mini KFC chicken but with wing sauce. Not bad, but now what I meant when I ordered wings. Pizza was good though.

After suffering behind a minivan for 10 minutes in the ETS drive-thru (we were talking tacos in the GDT yesterday, no?), I ditched.  So it's really crappy take-out sushi from Lexington Co-op.  You'd think a place like that, situated where it is, would be better.  It's not.  It's not even as good as Wegmans take-out sushi.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

After suffering behind a minivan for 10 minutes in the ETS drive-thru (we were talking tacos in the GDT yesterday, no?), I ditched.  So it's really crappy take-out sushi from Lexington Co-op.  You'd think a place like that, situated where it is, would be better.  It's not.  It's not even as good as Wegmans take-out sushi.

I need to get you out here for sushi.  Yeah, we've actually got a good sushi place.  Who knew?

Just now, Weave said:

I need to get you out here for sushi.  Yeah, we've actually got a good sushi place.  Who knew?

If I had just taken ten minutes to order, I would have been fine.  I was in such a hurry to get away from certain friends (they will have headaches tomorrow and I won't) that I just moved on quickly.

Huevos Rancheros for breakfast.

Two over easy eggs, chorizo fried crispy, refried beans heavily seasoned, and two fried tortillas.  Breakfast of champions.

I'm good until dinner.

12 hours ago, Weave said:

There's a good sushi place around?  I'd love to know more about that!

16 hours ago, ubkev said:

I just had the weirdest wings ever. I'm in Lake George, so expectations were low, but they were freaking weird! It's was basically like eating mini KFC chicken but with wing sauce. Not bad, but now what I meant when I ordered wings. Pizza was good though.

Breaded wings?  They are a thing.  You can get them in Rochester at some places.  Chester Cab Pizza has them as their flagship.

I'm not a fan.  Breaded, fried chicken needs substance like a leg, breast, or thigh... 

2 hours ago, LTS said:

There's a good sushi place around?  I'd love to know more about that!

Breaded wings?  They are a thing.  You can get them in Rochester at some places.  Chester Cab Pizza has them as their flagship.

I'm not a fan.  Breaded, fried chicken needs substance like a leg, breast, or thigh... 

Sushi.... not near you.  I have a long commute to get to your neck of the woods, Mon-Fri.  You'd be surprised to hear that where I live has a good sushi place.  We aren't exactly a culinary destination.  I became a good cook in part because I couldn't get the quality of food I like without a 40 minute drive.

Breaded wings make me think of Tully's.  They have their time and place, but I prefer not breaded.

9 hours ago, Weave said:

Sushi.... not near you.  I have a long commute to get to your neck of the woods, Mon-Fri.  You'd be surprised to hear that where I live has a good sushi place.  We aren't exactly a culinary destination.  I became a good cook in part because I couldn't get the quality of food I like without a 40 minute drive.

Breaded wings make me think of Tully's.  They have their time and place, but I prefer not breaded.

I can drive for good sushi. I'm not sure Rochester has too many places.  I was okay with Shiki and Next Door.  I'm glad you have a good place.  Realistically I am much more a sashimi guy but I would think if they make good sushi that the sashimi would be good too.

19 hours ago, Weave said:

What about Pok-a-Dot, though?