What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

The great divide is well made, 7.2%. Citrus and pine in the nose and on the palate, very little hop flower to it. Mildly bitter finish. A nice beer but not the best of the bunch. I like a lot more flower in my IPA's. .

I was eyeing up bourbons tonight at the liquor store, too, but I need to do more research before buying. I don't like to grab stuff blindly off the shelf. Elijah Craig was one I had in my hand.

Recommended.

Had eggs with mushrooms an turkey bacon for breakfast and I'm having BBQ chicken breast and salad for dinner.

Hey man, where do you get your turkey bacon? I'm anxious to try some GOOD turkey bacon. (I have a bacon love. See previous post. But hey, I could do it in a more healthy fashion...)

Hey man, where do you get your turkey bacon? I'm anxious to try GOOD TURKEY BACON. (I have a bacon love. See previous post. But hey, I could do it in a more healthy fashion...)

You say that as if it exists. Turkey bacon is like skim milk. You don't drink it because it tastes good, you drink it because you feel like you should. Oscar Mayer is the best of the bunch. Not coincidentally, it has the most fat of the turkey bacons.
  • Like (+1) 1

You say that as if it exists. Turkey bacon is like skim milk. You don't drink it because it tastes good, you drink it because you feel like you should. Oscar Mayer is the best of the bunch. Not coincidentally, it has the most fat of the turkey bacons.

Turkey sausage at least can be awfully close IMO. I regularly buy the Banquet Brown 'n Serve turkey breakfast sausage, and the Hillshire Farms turkey lit'l smokies are tasty.

LOL Nothing colorful about what I was thinking. There seems to be a segment of the population that detect the distinct flavor and aroma of cat piss out of simcoe hops. One of the other forums I am active on is a brewing forum. One of the members there is a brewer for Sierra Nevada Brewing. He claims SN avoids Simcoe in all of their recipes because they don't want a small group of beer enthusiasts to yell SN tastes like cat piss on beer forums.

Personally, I don't get cat piss out of Simcoe beers. I get big pine and citrus notes.

I think I figured it out....

You have saved me money.

Turkey sausage at least can be awfully close IMO. I regularly buy the Banquet Brown 'n Serve turkey breakfast sausage, and the Hillshire Farms turkey lit'l smokies are tasty.

Sausage? Sausage /= bacon. I'll have no problems with a decent turkey burger, for example, even though it doesn't really taste like a cheeseburger. But bacon, well, that's special. It's, well, and I know you're a woman, but there are feelings a man has when he's around certain scents. One of those scents is bacon. (I won't get into the other.) So if there's a substitute, I'm interested. But sausage? I don't wear a 9 on my back!

You have saved me money.

Sausage? Sausage /= bacon. I'll have no problems with a decent turkey burger, for example, even though it doesn't really taste like a cheeseburger. But bacon, well, that's special. It's, well, and I know you're a woman, but there are feelings a man has when he's around certain scents. One of those scents is bacon. (I won't get into the other.) So if there's a substitute, I'm interested. But sausage? I don't wear a 9 on my back!

LOL

ThinkGeek has an entire section for people like you:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/bacon/

There is no more absolute truth than the word spoken here.

Go forth and spread the word.

Had brunch this morning at a local restaurant I've been to previously only for dinner and cocktails:

- good espresso

- tapas appetizer with bacon wrapped stuffed dates, some kind of potato fritter, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, and a potato frittata

- seared chicken with tomato and basil on flatbread for me, and smoked salmon eggs benedict for the bf

- blood orange mimosas (holy deliciousness)

Great morning. Expensive breakfast, but so worth it.

airport food most of the day...Flying from Elmira -> Philly -> San Diego...just had myself an egg/cheese wrap and a coffee from Dunkin though

I wish I was having a lamb stew...that sounds good

Not to drive you crazy, especially since you will be sattled with airport / airplane food all day ... double yuch!!

My wife has a special way to prepare the lamb stew and I am sworn to secrecy ...

It all starts with the lamb (no kidding). Friends (who are also a Brother and Sister in Islam) have a small farm in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. The farm is run in adherence to "halal" ("good") principals. The lambs are pasture fed after being whined. Our friend leaned the "halal" slaughter methods. The bone is in the stew meat so afterwards our family of crows that has nested in our yard for years and don't migrate for the winter, get to share in the feed, which is also "halal". They love the bones.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Some basic barley I made yesterday for lunch (pearled barley and stock simmered until the liquid is all soaked up). First time making it, it's a little bland as is, but I can see it being a good base for some more interesting dishes. Similar texture to risotto, but a bit more chewy.

Finished up some spicy pork meatballs the other day, those will be made again.

Some basic barley I made yesterday for lunch (pearled barley and stock simmered until the liquid is all soaked up). First time making it, it's a little bland as is, but I can see it being a good base for some more interesting dishes. Similar texture to risotto, but a bit more chewy.

Finished up some spicy pork meatballs the other day, those will be made again.

Barley is really healty and definitely can be a base for some good stuff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.