What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Made mac and cheese for the kid and to make it palatable, added some real cheddar and smoked gouda. As soon as she goes to bed (no nap so I'm hopin' for 6:30) will be mixing up a Tanqueray martini (dirty, two olives).

She's in bed,.. my ears are still ringing,.. but boy is this tasty.

For dinner: sockeye salmon baked with my own topping - a mix if brown sugar, chili pepper, onion powder, black pepper and assorted other spices that catch my eye. To go along with it, a Brussels sprout and bacon bake, drizzled with olive oil, cracked black pepper and sea salt, and for a starch, red quinoa.

To drink : a mixed six of IPA's - green flash, weyerbachacher simcoe ipa, great divide IPA, Breckinridge brewery double hopped IPA, acme IPA and stone IPA.

Going to follow that up with my own Islay scotch tasting. Laphroig 10 yr, Caol Ila 12 yr, and Ardberg Corryvreckan, a cask strength of undetermined age.

No matter what the Sabres do tonight, I win!

For dinner: sockeye salmon baked with my own topping - a mix if brown sugar, chili pepper, onion powder, black pepper and assorted other spices that catch my eye. To go along with it, a Brussels sprout and bacon bake, drizzled with olive oil, cracked black pepper and sea salt, and for a starch, red quinoa.

To drink : a mixed six of IPA's - green flash, weyerbachacher simcoe ipa, great divide IPA, Breckinridge brewery double hopped IPA, acme IPA and stone IPA.

Going to follow that up with my own Islay scotch tasting. Laphroig 10 yr, Caol Ila 12 yr, and Ardberg Corryvreckan, a cask strength of undetermined age.

You're going to be fargin wrecked!

Post what you think of Simcoe IPA. I'll chime in with my own thoughts after I hear yours. I don't want to color your opinion beforehand.

You're going to be fargin wrecked!

Yeah, the weyerbacher is 9%. It's kind of the point!

Post what you think of Simcoe IPA. I'll chime in with my own thoughts after I hear yours. I don't want to color your opinion beforehand.

Cloudy orange cider color, lots of carbonation. Nice flowery nose despite sitting outside all day with a high of 20 degrees. Dry on the palate, very little hop flower on the tongue. Nice bitter finish. You can tell its 9% late. That's all I've got. I'd get it again. These things will fuvk you up. Edited by korab rules

Cloudy orange cider color, lots of carbonation. Nice flowery nose despite sitting outside all day with a high of 20 degrees. Dry on the palate, very little hop flower on the tongue. Nice bitter finish. You can tell its 9% late. That's all I've got. I get it again. These things will fuvk you up.

No piney resin hop flavor? Thats what i usually get from Simcoe hops, but ive never had the Weyerbacher. Good call on going to the 9% first.

Cloudy orange cider color, lots of carbonation. Nice flowery nose despite sitting outside all day with a high of 20 degrees. Dry on the palate, very little hop flower on the tongue. Nice bitter finish. You can tell its 9% late. That's all I've got. I'd get it again. These things will fuvk you up.

Any particular flavors or aromas you get?

(I'm going somewhere with this)

No piney resin hop flavor? Thats what i usually get from Simcoe hops, but ive never had the Weyerbacher. Good call on going to the 9% first.

Simcoe is known for another flavor in particular too. But it seems not everyone is tuned to get it. I'm waiting for Korab to finish and then I'll chime in.

I would give it some pine. I'm not as colorful as you guys with my tasting notes. It's very delicious and highly drinkable for 9%.

LOL Nothing colorful about what I was thinking. There seems to be a segment of the population that detect the distinct flavor and aroma of cat piss out of simcoe hops. One of the other forums I am active on is a brewing forum. One of the members there is a brewer for Sierra Nevada Brewing. He claims SN avoids Simcoe in all of their recipes because they don't want a small group of beer enthusiasts to yell SN tastes like cat piss on beer forums.

Personally, I don't get cat piss out of Simcoe beers. I get big pine and citrus notes.

Edited by weave

Any particular flavors or aromas you get?

(I'm going somewhere with this)

Simcoe is known for another flavor in particular too. But it seems not everyone is tuned to get it. I'm waiting for Korab to finish and then I'll chime in.

I would say it has some citrus notes. Really a nice beer. The more I drank the more I liked. So much so that it's now gone.

Ice? I always hesitate to add ice. Afraid of losing something in the translation.

Ridgemount isn't anything special. If it were a nicer pour it would be neat.

ETA- you shamed me into it. The glass is empty so it's time for something more contemplative. Elijiah Craig 12yr. Neat this time.

Edited by weave

The great divide is well made, 7.2%. Citrus and pine in the nose and on the palate, very little hop flower to it. Mildly bitter finish. A nice beer but not the best of the bunch. I like a lot more flower in my IPA's. .

Yeah, Elijiah Craig is a much more interesting pour. Definite barrel notes and almost a cinnamon character to it. Much better.

I was eyeing up bourbons tonight at the liquor store, too, but I need to do more research before buying. I don't like to grab stuff blindly off the shelf. Elijah Craig was one I had in my hand.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.