What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Let's see if we can give this thread a long run. Post up what you are consuming, restaurant, homemade, just something you are really enjoying at the moment, whatever......

It is Saturday afternoon. The wife is not home. And I have no plans. For lunch I just made myself a plate of Yancy's Fancy Bergenost cheese, good pepperoni, and an assortment of crackers. Opened a bottle of Ovila Saison to quench my thirst. Life is good.

How about you?

A bagel feast from what I believe to be the best bagel place on the planet, which is 2.5 blocks from my house.

Just made cheese quesadillas and chocolate milk for the kids.

Derek Roy can't take everything from me.

And: I'm making wings tomorrow night for the NFL games.

Edited by nfreeman

I'm debating whether to watch the game at the bar tonight, or fire up a leg of lamb to pick on for the weekend and the football games tomorrow. Usually only do it for Easter, but I have a hankerin. Stuff it with garlic cloves and Pecorino Romano and rub it with rosemary, sage and pepper. Hmm....Sabres, or leg of lamb?

I'm debating whether to watch the game at the bar tonight, or fire up a leg of lamb to pick on for the weekend and the football games tomorrow. Usually only do it for Easter, but I have a hankerin. Stuff it with garlic cloves and Pecorino Romano and rub it with rosemary, sage and pepper. Hmm....Sabres, or leg of lamb?

Only one of those choices is going to be satisfying when it's over.

So here's what I came up with: Chicken breast that came with some honey mustard for dipping, but instead, I'm using some bacon jam* from an unopened jar (well, it was unopened) tucked away in my office for a day when I need to combat blandness. And some broccoli.

*Gotta try this. http://www.skilletbaconjam.com

Edited by Eleven

So here's what I came up with: Chicken breast that came with some honey mustard for dipping, but instead, I'm using some bacon jam* from an unopened jar (well, it was unopened) tucked away in my office for a day when I need to combat blandness. And some broccoli.

*Gotta try this. http://www.skilletbaconjam.com

Bacon jam

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

I love lamb. Try roasting the shoulder sometimes. Holy mackerel is that good.

A Samuel Adams Alpine Spring, veggies, dip, and Cool Ranch Doritos for the game tonight with a roaring fire ...

And I know .. I'm working on the avatar ...

What do you think of Alpine Spring? Haven't seen it around here just yet. I'll try it out and try not to let my predjudices get in the way of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.