What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

43 minutes ago, ubkev said:

It's shite! Feels artificially sweetened, and rubbing alcolol-y at the same time.

Yeah, I was trying to be polite about it.  It's not good stuff.

If you enjoyed Angel's Envy there is a whole world out there of wine, port, and cognac finished bourbons for you to try.  I've got bottles of Belle Mead Cognac, Mediera, and sherry fished bourbons and they are all delicious.  Issac Bowman has a pretty solid port finished bourbon.  Legent is a pretty good one too.  Not a classic bourbon in profile, but a good pour.  I've really gotten into wine/port/sherry finished bourbons lately.  The interesting thing is, most of them are MGP sourced bourbons, but they all have fairly unique flavor profiles.

21 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yeah, I was trying to be polite about it.  It's not good stuff.

If you enjoyed Angel's Envy there is a whole world out there of wine, port, and cognac finished bourbons for you to try.  I've got bottles of Belle Mead Cognac, Mediera, and sherry fished bourbons and they are all delicious.  Issac Bowman has a pretty solid port finished bourbon.  Legent is a pretty good one too.  Not a classic bourbon in profile, but a good pour.  I've really gotten into wine/port/sherry finished bourbons lately.  The interesting thing is, most of them are MGP sourced bourbons, but they all have fairly unique flavor profiles.

I'm going to go to 3 liquor stores. They are between 1 and 10 miles of my house and I'm going to take a picture of the bourbon section. You're going to weep. 

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

I bought a bottle of Angel's Envy last night. It's without a doubt the best bourbon I've ever tasted. Now I have to make it last.

Since Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare are impossible to get in Pennsylvania (and have been for about 2 years) my wine consumption has increased tenfold.

Tonight it's a white trash whiskey tasting. Jameson is up first. Of course I've done shots of Jameson, I went to highschool. I've just never had it in a glass. It's fine. Next up is the swill that Connor McGregor peddles, Proper Number Twelve. Let's see how this goes.

Angel's Envy is really good.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ubkev said:

I'm going to go to 3 liquor stores. They are between 1 and 10 miles of my house and I'm going to take a picture of the bourbon section. You're going to weep. 

I think if I took a photo of my liquor cabinet you might weep.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not a sophisticate when it comes to food or drink. I bought a can of imported Italian espresso ground coffee. I don't have an espresso machine and know nothing about pulling, pressing, bars of pressure or shots. I just put it in my cheap coffeemaker. It came out fine, to my taste buds anyway. Then I read ONE ounce of espresso has 64 grams of caffeine. I just had probably a 10-ounce cup of it.

Am I going to die?

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm not a sophisticate when it comes to food or drink. I bought a can of imported Italian espresso ground coffee. I don't have an espresso machine and know nothing about pulling, pressing, bars of pressure or shots. I just put it in my cheap coffeemaker. It came out fine, to my taste buds anyway. Then I read ONE ounce of espresso has 64 grams of caffeine. I just had probably a 10-ounce cup of it.

Am I going to die?

Yes, but probably not anytime soon and probably not because of the coffee.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had to make a stop at Wegmans today. Needed big ass mushrooms. My wife decided she wanted to make a dessert and she needed pizzelle. I figured, they should be in the cookie aisle. Ya know, because they're a *****in cookie. Nope, not at Wegmans. They just put em in the *****in sauce aisle. Is this to keep the guineas separated from the rest of the shoppers, Wegmans?

Anyway, they looked *****, so I went home and got the iron out and now I'm making my own pizzelle. Smells like Easter in here. 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:18 AM, PASabreFan said:

Am I going to die?

Yes... and no

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ubkev said:

Had to make a stop at Wegmans today. Needed big ass mushrooms. My wife decided she wanted to make a dessert and she needed pizzelle. I figured, they should be in the cookie aisle. Ya know, because they're a *****in cookie. Nope, not at Wegmans. They just put em in the *****in sauce aisle. Is this to keep the guineas separated from the rest of the shoppers, Wegmans?

Anyway, they looked *****, so I went home and got the iron out and now I'm making my own pizzelle. Smells like Easter in here. 

Grocery stores do illogical things like that all the time. Often has to do with shelf space and merchandising agreements with certain vendors. Other time its because they couldn't figure out where to put an item.

We make our own pizzelle too. Use my wife's grandmothers recipe. 

Edited by KC Scouts

I quit drinking beer about six weeks ago. I LOVE beer but haven’t been feeling as good so I switched to tequila and water with a splash of lemon. 

Lost 5 pounds the first few days and 10 overall. Still drinking and loving/living life minus beer which I LOVE (not certain I mentioned it).

Can’t see me going back to a beer belly situation any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Mile-high Amish lady bread: 5 bucks

Cantaloupe-sized homegrown tomato: One buck 50

Hellmann's real mayo: 4 bucks on sale!

Salt n peppa: A speck of a buck

That first bite: priceless

20210904_120422.thumb.jpg.680102616cc2931c326d3c5d4d62b00e.jpg20210904_120333.thumb.jpg.9bc64ec9cef0fcea66cc880f4fd6179d.jpg

My wife loves a good tomato sandwich.  I need meat.

Yeah, surprising.  I know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Cantaloupe-sized homegrown tomato: One buck 50

You paid yourself for a tomato? 

If I can’t find a tomato to fit the bread with one slice then I size the bread to the tomato I do have. 

A single sliding slice can ruin the entire experience.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.