What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

So at my daughter's urging, we've incorporated a couple of vegetarian dishes into our home rotation during the quarantine:  vegetarian lasagna, which we had last night, and vegetarian tacos.  I'm pretty happy with both of them -- in fact, I prefer the vegetarian lasagne to meat lasagne, as I no longer feel like I have 20 pounds of food in my gut after dinner.

Lasagne:  onions, carrots, peppers, squash, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, ricotta, mozarella, parmesan.

Tacos:  onions, peppers, black beans, scrambled eggs, shredded cheese.

Recommended for anyone so inclined.

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

Other than on a salami sandwich, provolone cheese is kinda awful.

I’m open to suggestions, but you’re really going to have to sell it.

There is no such thing as awful cheese.  They all have their delicious place.

Provolone is really mild in flavor and melts easily.  That makes it a good utility sandwich cheese.  But its no all star. It pretty much limits out as a sandwich cheese.  Not quite the Matt Ellis of cheeses.  More like the Scott Arniel of cheeses. In the right role it is a worthy addition.

Ftr, even though I was completely full, because I’m so depressed, and drunk, and sick of everything,... I ate an entire tube of Ritz and finished the jar of Jif peanut butter in the process.

***** 2020!!

Edited by SwampD

I had to put down my homeade pot roast I was enjoying so thoroughly, because a girl at 39.5 weeks gestation, didn't know she was pregnant and her water broke on the toilet in the ER, all I heard was screaming from the locked bathroom, had to get the door unlocked to a toilet full of blood and mucus, rushed her up to Labor and Delivery and popped the lil girl out. 

Proceeded to go right back to the Pot Roast without skipping a beat. Amniotic fluid be dammed 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I had to put down my homeade pot roast I was enjoying so thoroughly, because a girl at 39.5 weeks gestation, didn't know she was pregnant and her water broke on the toilet in the ER, all I heard was screaming from the locked bathroom, had to get the door unlocked to a toilet full of blood and mucus, rushed her up to Labor and Delivery and popped the lil girl out. 

Proceeded to go right back to the Pot Roast without skipping a beat. Amniotic fluid be dammed 😂😂

Pot roast is good.

Made a shrimp and corn chowder for dinner.

Lots of sauteed onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper.  Small diced taters, home made shrimp stock, shrimps of course, a good dose of heavy cream, and Old Bay for the flavor base.  Heavy crusted bread to sop up the broth.

Fat. And. Happy.

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

4:45am: cookies for breakfast

7:15am: leftover shake & bake chicken breast that I cut up and tossed in last week's leftover wing sauce. Oh yeah, eaten cold while sitting in my car in the parking lot.

...clean living today.

At least throw it on the engine for a minute or two.... Shake and bake goes well with engine grease 

Made pitas from scratch to go along with the homemade beef schawarma and some yellow rice (mediterranean style with turmeric, cumin, onions, garlic, cilantro).  first time ever making any of it and it came out great.

Pitas are fun to cook...

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lay's has a special Super Bowl chip out right now.  It's called "Game Day Chili."  It might taste like what I used to feel after a Bills game like 20 years ago, but it does not, I repeat, NOT, taste like chili.  Or anything else one would want to eat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.