What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

1 minute ago, hsif said:

just Crisco........Cut in the Crisco to the sifted flour/salt til coarse crumbs then sprinkle whisked egg/water over the crumbs and work that into a uniform mixture....... divide in 2 and roll out....... as with all crusts, work the flour as little as possible....... and it'll be flaky. I'd like to try lard some time. Everybody says lard is the best for pie crust. 

2C Flour

3/4 cup  shortening

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

3T cold water...................

Egg. Interesting.

It's our (me and my wife) go to crust recipe now. I got it out of a Southern Homes magazine in a recipe for a "peaches n' cream" dessert. It makes great fruit/berry pies, and pot pies too............ nothing like a home made chicken pot pie. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Now that the Sabres season is officially over, I'm drinking a lot less.  One benefit of a losing team.

27 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Crown Royal on the rocks.

Welcome back off the wagon.  Thought we lost you for... the last 20 minutes.

Just kidding.  Can't get away from the CR at family events.  It's a staple for us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Chiavettas potato chips are quite good. Find em at Tops or Wegmans.

Damn, I was thinking you were referring to those Anchor Bar chips (that suck in my opinion) at first.  Gonna have to check these mofos out.

Gourmet cupcakes suck. 

Boxed cake mix, and store bought frosting make the only edible cupcakes. 

These cutesy, all natural whatevers with homemade icing that looks like a sunset over Yosemite or some other ***** that are 4 feet high so you can't possibly bite into them are always positively awful. 

14 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Gourmet cupcakes suck. 

Boxed cake mix, and store bought frosting make the only edible cupcakes. 

These cutesy, all natural whatevers with homemade icing that looks like a sunset over Yosemite or some other ***** that are 4 feet high so you can't possibly bite into them are always positively awful. 

Granddad was a baker.  Old-school.  You know, back when we had bakeries instead of cupcake shops.  And you're wrong.

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Granddad was a baker.  Old-school.  You know, back when we had bakeries instead of cupcake shops.  And you're wrong.

Send me 1 good one and I'll say you're right. Just one. Cupcake food truck, any street festival or beer/wine festival. The cupcakes are always next to the lady selling CBD bath bombs and those kitschy little coffee mugs. Oh, they look incredible. They're awful!

3 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Send me 1 good one and I'll say you're right. Just one. Cupcake food truck, any street festival or beer/wine festival. The cupcakes are always next to the lady selling CBD bath bombs and those kitschy little coffee mugs. Oh, they look incredible. They're awful!

He died about a week after Brett Hull cheated, I'm afraid.

EDIT:  But his bakery on Grant Street was legendary.  I had some random come up to me about ten years ago raving about the donuts and bread he used to get at some place called "Colonial" on Grant.  Yep, that was his.

Edited by Eleven

Just now, Eleven said:

He died about a week after Brett Hull cheated, I'm afraid.

Well, I didn't mean one from Gramps! Now I feel like a dick. I was making sweeping generalizations. It was supposed to be fun. Now I must go feel shame.

22 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Well, I didn't mean one from Gramps! Now I feel like a dick. I was making sweeping generalizations. It was supposed to be fun. Now I must go feel shame.

Oh, no!   Not my point!  All I meant is that old-school bakeries had really good cupcakes and stuff that you can't find today at your local cupcakery.  THOSE were gourmet cupcakes.

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Oh, no!   Not my point!  All I meant is that old-school bakeries had really good cupcakes and stuff that you can't find today at your local cupcakery.  THOSE were gourmet cupcakes.

This all came about when my family and I were talking about foods that look amazing that we hate. Those cupcakes were mine. The wife said sushi. I'm not nuts about sushi, but I can eat it from time to time.

4 minutes ago, ubkev said:

This all came about when my family and I were talking about foods that look amazing that we hate. Those cupcakes were mine. The wife said sushi. I'm not nuts about sushi, but I can eat it from time to time.

Ah, let me tell you about the other grandfather, the sushi chef.  

(No, that would be a lie.  He made monuments.  Like the things you find at gravesites.  And before anyone gets started, no, not the big statues.)

EDIT:  It was kind of the basic stuff, like this:

PA SABRE FAN

1949-2022

"LINDY RUFF WAS THE GREATEST COACH EVER"

But on a stone instead of an Internet message board.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.