What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'll be honest:  I don't usually ask for fruit unless I'm with a date (not exactly possible in seminary) and/or with my niece.  I don't usually eat the cherries, in other words; I give them away.  But when I get one that looks like a REAL cherry, like the ones you posted, I ask for extra.

I’m 50+ years old. I learned how to make a Manhattan in junior high. I’ve been a Manhattan drinker for as long as I can remember.

I have never once eaten the cherry in my Manhattan.

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’m 50+ years old.

I know how old you are!  We've talked a few times.

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Same price as the handles of brown booze that gets mixed with them.

Now this, this is the problem.  And it's not about the price of the cherries.

Next time you're here, if I'm still here and if @Weave is around, let's show you our favorite bourbon joint on Pearl Street.  Please bring a sober wife and/or an Uber app.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

+1 to good cherries in a manhattan.  They add more than just sugar and nuclear food coloring.

When the holidays come around I like to pick up a couple of jars of the fancy baking cherries that Aldi carries.  I think they are called Mereno cherries.  Swamp, you’ll appreciate them.  They are sour cherries spiced with something in sugary liquid.  Those spices play off a good high rye whiskey perfectly.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

+1 to good cherries in a manhattan.  They add more than just sugar and nuclear food coloring.

When the holidays come around I like to pick up a couple of jars of the fancy baking cherries that Aldi carries.  I think they are called Mereno cherries.  Swamp, you’ll appreciate them.  They are sour cherries spiced with something in sugary liquid.  Those spices play off a good high rye whiskey perfectly.

Interesting.

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

Next time you're here, if I'm still here and if @Weave is around, let's show you our favorite bourbon joint on Pearl Street.  Please bring a sober wife and/or an Uber app.

Lucky Day?

I’ve had a couple of tasty manhattans in there before. Don’t really remember my walk back to our hotel, though.

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Interesting.

Lucky Day?

I’ve had a couple of tasty manhattans in there before. Don’t really remember my walk back to our hotel, though.

Lucky Day is the place.  If you are in the Buffalo area before I end up moving out of state, and the COVID thing is under control, I’m game to drive out for a meet up.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'll be honest:  I don't usually ask for fruit unless I'm with a date (not exactly possible in seminary) and/or with my niece.  I don't usually eat the cherries, in other words; I give them away.  But when I get one that looks like a REAL cherry, like the ones you posted, I ask for extra.

The whowhere? You've dropped some subtle hints about a change in vocation, being back in school etc. It must be the distraction of the pandemic, but I don't think anyone has asked the obvious followup question... until now. Is there something you'd like to tell us?

13 hours ago, ubkev said:

Well, this thread picked up in the last couple hours! Anyways, yes @Eleventhose prices do seem to be jacked. Liquor in PA tends to be about $5 or so bucks cheaper than in NY. And @SwampD I can almost never get a handle.

I get tipsy and lower my rate ONE TIME and Kev won't let me hear the end of it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/16/2020 at 11:30 AM, PASabreFan said:

The whowhere? You've dropped some subtle hints about a change in vocation, being back in school etc. It must be the distraction of the pandemic, but I don't think anyone has asked the obvious followup question... until now. Is there something you'd like to tell us?

Left law and entered seminary. 

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Let's see if I finish before there are too many accolades, but it has been good so far.  Anyway back to whisky!

Ok then! Wild Turkey is in season. And I'm ***** killing it!

Crappie filets coated with heavily Cajun spiced cornmeal and deep fried tots, served with broccoli salad.  Paired with a semi dry NY riesling.  Fantastic.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2020 at 11:42 PM, Eleven said:

I haven’t been up that way since 2013, but I’m crashing that party

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Crappie filets coated with heavily Cajun spiced cornmeal and deep fried tots, served with broccoli salad.  Paired with a semi dry NY riesling.  Fantastic.

So you have been fishing for crappie...

Looking for something refreshing today while basking in the glorious weather.  Mu usual go to for a refreshing summer cocktail is a mojito.  Issue: no rum in the house.

How about a better, tastier 7&7?  
Juice of 1 lime and 1/2 lemon

small squirt of agave to sweeten it up a touch

generous pour of Evan Williams black label

Top off with lemon seltzer water

on ice in a pint glass

Yup.  That works.

• Like (+1) 2

Pork kebabs with pineapple and peppers, corn on the cob, salt potatoes, BBQ baked beans, and for dessert angel food cake with strawberries throughout the middle of the cake, covered in cool whip, topped with strawberries and blueberries. All made by my wife. The only thing I did was grill the kebabs. Dinner was bangin. I'd imagine dessert will be the same.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That crust be flaky. What fat did you use?

just Crisco........Cut in the Crisco to the sifted flour/salt til coarse crumbs then sprinkle whisked egg/water over the crumbs and work that into a uniform mixture....... divide in 2 and roll out....... as with all crusts, work the flour as little as possible....... and it'll be flaky. I'd like to try lard some time. Everybody says lard is the best for pie crust. 

2C Flour

3/4 cup  shortening

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

3T cold water...................

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.