What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Sweet potato pancakes!! I had one leftover so I made a cup of buttermilk (one tablespoon vinegar and one cup almond milk) because who ever has that on hand. A big forkful of butter and powder sugar on top.

Mmmmmmmmmm!!

On 4/28/2020 at 6:52 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I once in my youth, stole my friends father's bottle of knob creek, we thought we were badass. 

We mixed it with root beet and I dubbed the drink "A ***** knob" 

Now in my more matured age, I realized we ruined a very good bottle with a mixer. 

Darth's sipping whiskey of choice for camp firesides, book readings, and Con-people-watching.

Edit: Whoops -- replied rather than posted. We had signed up for a cooking lesson as an xmas gift, but it was canceled. The place is now selling their meal lessons (with the recipes). So we got a right-tasty "to go" box of pork ribs with rhubarb black pepper sauce, smoked potato salad, buttermilk coleslaw, fresh sweet rolls, and a strawberry cobbler.

Edited by DarthEbriate

2 things.

First thing: Pasta salad. It's made with tri-color rotini or GTFO!

Second thing: My wife has pointed out to me that the only time I refer to macaroni as pasta is when it's pasta salad. Every other type of macaroni is simply called macaroni. She thinks this is wrong. Well, she's wrong.

Bagel with Lox and Cream Cheese.  Haven't had one of those in months.  And a bottle of relatively cheap champagne.  Yeah, my life is tough!  I almost broke a nail making it.

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Bagel with Lox and Cream Cheese.  Haven't had one of those in months.  And a bottle of relatively cheap champagne.  Yeah, my life is tough!  I almost broke a nail making it.

Your bagel might be a bit stale if you risk breaking a nail making it.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Weave

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Your bagel might be a bit stale if you risk breaking a nail making it.  Just sayin'.

My wife told me my bagel was a bit stale.  But I thought she was referring to softness, not hardness.  I'll have to reassess.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

It pains me to admit it, but Beyond Burgers are quite tasty.

Don't judge me.

I take it you didn't get an Impossible Whopper. I did and thought it was OK, but it was the last one I got. I'd like to give the "meat" a try at home. I'm not sure I've seen it in local stores yet. I might have a long wait. Too many deer in these hills.

I'm making Texas Hot Sauce, using a recipe an old Greek lady gave me on her deathbed — or one that they printed in the paper. This stuff is legendary around the southern tier of NY and northern tier of PA. So many great spices you wouldn't usually pair up — cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cayenne. So warm and tasty after it all marries. Imma have it on egg noodles. 75 minutes of simmer left.

About the ground cloves. I bought it in 2013 or 2014. It still smells clove-y, but I have to be pushing the envelope here.

7 hours ago, Weave said:

Don't judge me.

I don't hate those, but I like a so-called "traditional" veggie burger, like a black bean burger or something, better.  Lots of flavor there if it's done right.  It's just not beef flavor.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Weave said:

Don't judge me.

I’ve had 8-9 different brands of plain veggie burgers over the years. Not to mention the multitude of specially flavored types those brands offer.

Beyond Burgers and impossible burgers are legit ??

16 hours ago, Weave said:

Don't judge me.

I was going to try it.. then I read up on things like IMpossible Whoppers and other similar items..granted these are fast food and I did not break down the beyond burger but...

The original Whopper clocks in at 660 calories (more than half of them coming from fat), 40 grams of fat, and 28 grams of protein. The Impossible Whopper comes in at 630 calories (again, half from fat), 34 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein.

The Impossible Whopper does have significantly lower cholesterol — 10 milligrams compared to 90 milligrams — but has more sodium at 1,240 milligrams compared to 980 milligrams.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/is-buger-kings-impossible-whopper-healthy#Made-from-plants,-but-not-a-health-food

Basically.. it's more "ethical" but not even remotely healthy.

Hey! New York! What the your problem? $50 for a bottle of Buffalo Trace? $52 for Eagle Rare? $30 for Wild Turkey 101? Oh, I'll pay it because I have an addiction. But I'm not happy about it. I got a buddy getting me booze back home and he's calling me telling me outrageous prices. Everything is basically double what it costs in Pennsylvania. 

I'll give it to the Commonwealth. Their liquor stores are generally pretty good. Other than the fact that they aren't open...

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Hey! New York! What the your problem? $50 for a bottle of Buffalo Trace? $52 for Eagle Rare? $30 for Wild Turkey 101? Oh, I'll pay it because I have an addiction. But I'm not happy about it. I got a buddy getting me booze back home and he's calling me telling me outrageous prices. Everything is basically double what it costs in Pennsylvania. 

I'll give it to the Commonwealth. Their liquor stores are generally pretty good. Other than the fact that they aren't open...

Wherethehell in NY are you seeing those prices? 

Found one store in Lincoln, NE that caries Vernor's Ginger Ale (like 4 six packs total in stock).  Brought back memories.  Now if I could find Dad's Root Beer and Teem, I'd be all set.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.