What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I made crepes and Mrs.iT made a cannoli filling. Topped them off with strawberries and sweet cream.....Mmmmmmm. 

My wife(who is Irish and has somehow never had crepes)now thinks it’s very unfair that the little French girl got croissants and crepes for breakfast and the little Irish girl got a potato...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

I made crepes and Mrs.iT made a cannoli filling. Topped them off with strawberries and sweet cream.....Mmmmmmm. 

My wife(who is Irish and has somehow never had crepes)now thinks it’s very unfair that the little French girl got croissants and crepes for breakfast and the little Irish girl got a potato...

It made the little French girls prissy and the Irish girls tenacious.  ❤️

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We cooked for the week this morning.  A big pot of jambalaya, A tray of meatballs, sirloin tips in gravy, and we'll do takeout Wednesday and Friday.

And now..... we drink.

Milagro reposado with a squeeze of lime juice. Rocks.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

We cooked for the week this morning.  A big pot of jambalaya, A tray of meatballs, sirloin tips in gravy, and we'll do takeout Wednesday and Friday.

And now..... we drink.

Milagro reposado with a squeeze of lime juice. Rocks.

image.png.39798b5265f59676896742ef69a69384.png

1 minute ago, Claude_Verret said:

Drinking some homebrew...a dry irish stout that should have been long gone already, but our big St. Patrick's day party was canceled because covid-19.  Also have 16 corned beef briskets in the freezer uncooked.

Get them sumbitches covered in cracked pepper and on the smoker for pastrami.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Weave said:

Get them sumbitches covered in cracked pepper and on the smoker for pastrami.

Plan originally was to postpone party to early May and do some sort of st.pattys / cinco de mayo hybrid party, but that's looking highly unlikely at this point.  Pastrami might be the way to go even though I dont fire up the smoker much anymore, but unconventional times call for mixing up the norm.

Band we hire for the party currently live streaming a show from Lake Gaston, NC.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=642511246544295&id=121500934700514?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

Edited by Claude_Verret

32 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

Plan originally was to postpone party to early May and do some sort of st.pattys / cinco de mayo hybrid party, but that's looking highly unlikely at this point.  Pastrami might be the way to go even though I dont fire up the smoker much anymore, but unconventional times call for mixing up the norm.

Band we hire for the party currently live streaming a show from Lake Gaston, NC.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=642511246544295&id=121500934700514?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

The link is broke.

Funny how time changes things.  You and I were the biggest smokers on this site, trading recipes, ideas, and set ups.  My smoker is up for sale right now.  Haven't used it in 2 seasons.  Completely changed my diet cuz I'm too old and sedentary to survive with the diet I used to have.  I miss ribs and pulled pork but I needed to change.

The meatballs we made earlier?  No more pasta for me.  We'll finish them in marinara and eat with a big side of beans and greens.  Jambalaya made with brown rice, and easy on the rice and sausage,  Sirloin tips with a big salad.  I do what I can to doll up a healthier menu.

Eating cashews and drinking champagne.  Weird, right. (I heard champagne was low carb and I don't want anyone to tell me differently).    I can honestly say that there is only one serving size for cashews.  "How much you got?"

Edited by Tondas
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Tondas said:

Eating cashews and drinking champagne.  Weird, right. (I heard champagne was low carb and I don't want anyone to tell me differently).    I can honestly say that there is only one serving size for cashews.  "How much you got?"

Even the Costco sized packages are single serving packages.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Pistachios, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

The link is broke.

Funny how time changes things.  You and I were the biggest smokers on this site, trading recipes, ideas, and set ups.  My smoker is up for sale right now.  Haven't used it in 2 seasons.  Completely changed my diet cuz I'm too old and sedentary to survive with the diet I used to have.  I miss ribs and pulled pork but I needed to change.

The meatballs we made earlier?  No more pasta for me.  We'll finish them in marinara and eat with a big side of beans and greens.  Jambalaya made with brown rice, and easy on the rice and sausage,  Sirloin tips with a big salad.  I do what I can to doll up a healthier menu.

I'll try to fix the link. Nice two man show from a dock overlooking Lake Gaston on a beautiful blue skied afternoon in NC.

You're right about smoking, grilling and basically eating wtf we want..our choices in our younger days definitely catch up...let that be a lesson to you young SS whippersnappers.

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

This is the way.

There's also this really ridiculous thing about Miller High Life (the champagne of beers). Eat something salty in the form of a snack. Like a pretzel, or your favorite plain potato chip, or Chex mix, etc., whatever. The world is your oyster if it's a salty snack. Then --- crack open a can of fresh cold High Life. No bottles for this exercise. So... that little bit of beer that splashes onto the lip of the can when you pop the tab...  slurp that few milliliters. Boom! Tastes like champagne. 

Now, you drink any more of that and it tastes like High Life. But that first salted dash... yum!

Too much free time.

• Haha (+1) 1

Dunno. Any of your home chefs want to help me make something good out of two cans of albacore tuna, sharp cheddar cheese, white rice, black beans, chick peas, butter, ziti pasta, angel hair pasta, a sweet onion, mayo, canned peppers, garlic, pasta sauce, bread crumbs... uh... bbq sauce, woostahshah sauce, soy milk, eggs, flour, vegetable bouillon, mustard, olives, grated cheese. @Weave?

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Dunno. Any of your home chefs want to help me make something good out of two cans of albacore tuna, sharp cheddar cheese, white rice, black beans, chick peas, butter, ziti pasta, angel hair pasta, a sweet onion, mayo, canned peppers, garlic, pasta sauce, bread crumbs... uh... bbq sauce, woostahshah sauce, soy milk, eggs, flour, vegetable bouillon, mustard, olives, grated cheese. @Weave?

I mean, you've got prime tuna melt ingredients going on there.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I’d use those nasty chick peas as bait to catch something actually worth eating.?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do you have any frozen vegetables?  If you do...

Cook 1/2 lb. of ziti.  In a separate pot, cook the frozen vegetables until cooked but still somewhat crisp.

Combine the pasta and vegetables and chill.

When the pasta and vegetables are chilled, drain and flake one can of tuna and combine with the pasta and vegetables.  Add mayo and stir.  Make it a garlicky mayo if you want or stir in a little of the bullion if you want.  (I usually use Italian dressing and some grated cheese instead of mayo, but you don't appear to have the dressing.  If you have oil, vinegar and the spices to make the dressing, that's what I would do.) 

You now have a nutritious tuna pasta salad.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Do you have any frozen vegetables?  If you do...

Cook 1/2 lb. of ziti.  In a separate pot, cook the frozen vegetables until cooked but still somewhat crisp.

Combine the pasta and vegetables and chill.

When the pasta and vegetables are chilled, drain and flake one can of tuna and combine with the pasta and vegetables.  Add mayo and stir.  Make it a garlicky mayo if you want or stir in a little of the bullion if you want.  (I usually use Italian dressing and some grated cheese instead of mayo, but you don't appear to have the dressing.  If you have oil, vinegar and the spices to make the dressing, that's what I would do.) 

You now have a nutritious tuna pasta salad.

Great idea. I have balsamic vinegar and EVOO.

49 minutes ago, Eleven said:

drain and flake one can of tuna

Sounds delicious. I actually drain a very small amount the liquid for the kitties but I like to flake right in the can and add the whole thing.  The only reason I give them any is because I’m tired of hiding in the closet to open a freakin can of tuna.

Hey, y'all are smarter than me. Bought a 10lb bag of potatoes. It's got ants in it. What to do now? I really don't want to go back to the store. If at all possible. My wife just lost her mind and put the potatoes on the back steps. Critters will probably get to them sooner than later. Any way for me to de-ant the taters or am I out 4 bucks? Can I wash em all off and leave them out to dry or will they rot?

31 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Hey, y'all are smarter than me. Bought a 10lb bag of potatoes. It's got ants in it. What to do now? I really don't want to go back to the store. If at all possible. My wife just lost her mind and put the potatoes on the back steps. Critters will probably get to them sooner than later. Any way for me to de-ant the taters or am I out 4 bucks? Can I wash em all off and leave them out to dry or will they rot?

Pour the whole works into a full bathtub.  Drown the ants and make mounds of potatoes to freeze.  You're welcome.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

46 minutes ago, ubkev said:

What kind of ants? Either way I would say just wash them off, they grow in the dirt anyway. But if they’re fire ants take extra precautions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.