What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

11 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

May have to get some for my son, Im too old.., but he lives for the stuff... has Ghost Pepper oil that he occasionally trots out and shows his manhood.

Sounds like trots is the operative word in that sentence.

10 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

I can confirm that these are both indeed available at the Wegmans Pub on Transit. I've had Heady Topper before, but the Focal Banger is right there with it. Dank hop explosion. 

result_1561825429828.jpg

Both of these are also available at Aurora Brew Works. Saw them on the list tonight.

Edited by darksabre

Fresh homegrown salad. Kale, lettuce,  beet greens, celery, cilantro, radishes, cukes, pea pods and wild strawberries. I found a huge patch and we took ten minutes before dinner to crawl around and get some. Delicious. God how I love Baileyshire.

9DF15433-C290-4E5C-8505-64A836CFA169.jpeg

28382294-80F9-48DA-BADD-4FE2BBF4DF4B.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, Ogre said:

Fresh homegrown salad. Kale, lettuce,  beet greens, celery, cilantro, radishes, cukes, pea pods and wild strawberries. I found a huge patch and we took ten minutes before dinner to crawl around and get some. Delicious. God how I love Baileyshire.

9DF15433-C290-4E5C-8505-64A836CFA169.jpeg

28382294-80F9-48DA-BADD-4FE2BBF4DF4B.jpeg

Found Ryan Miller.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, inkman said:

This seemed like a good place for this:

Real men don't eat wings with staple removers.  He cannot possibly have any friends or they would have kicked his a$$ the second he tried that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ubkev said:

Tried Chipotle last week for the first time and Moe's for the first time today. 

I don't get it. What's all the fuss about? It's still fake Mexican fast food. Taco Bell, still the undisputed heavyweight champ.

It’s all about preference. Me personally, my favorite “Americanized Mexican fast food grub” is Mighty Taco and Moes. Salsaritas is good too. 

I hate Chipotle and Qdoba.

I never get Taco Bell so I can’t speak to that stuff.

All that stuff is a far far cry from quality authentic Mexican meals. 

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

All that stuff is a far far cry from quality authentic Mexican meals. 

Well of course, but that's what real Mexican restaurants are for. Local joints. 

Now I want to make enchiladas!

I’m pretty fortunate to live in an area with a pretty sizable migrant worker population.  I don’t need to settle for Taco Bell or the others when I want Mexican fast food.  I’ve got real taqueria choices to pick from.  Just as fast and way better.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m pretty fortunate to live in an area with a pretty sizable migrant worker population.  I don’t need to settle for Taco Bell or the others when I want Mexican fast food.  I’ve got real taqueria choices to pick from.  Just as fast and way better.

For clarity, I'm not equating Taco Bell with a taqueria, food truck or full blown restaurant. Taco Bell isn't even food. I just like it better than Chipotle and Moe's.

We have exactly one taqueria and exactly one food truck. And I can almost never find the food truck before sundown. And after sundown, well...I'm sleeping.

8 hours ago, spndnchz said:

LaTolteca is my fav

You ARE the ultimate suburbanite...  I do like La Tolteca's flavor, but their tortillas are like the gummy tortillas you get at chipotle or salsarita's or wherever.  I want corn tortillas!

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Went to The Terrace tonight for dinner. It was very nice sitting outside having dinner watching chumps who never rowed a boat a day in their lives try to row around Hoyt Lake. Very entertaining. ?

Service is weird there, but the food is surprisingly good.  Often, I find that places with a great view skimp on the food quality.  (Why, yes, Templeton Landing, I'm looking at you;)

Edited by Eleven

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

For the first time I made some grilled Mexican street corn tonight, to go along with some ribeye steak. I must say, the corn was fabulous. The only thing I will change next time is to not add the cilantro. Not a fan of cilantro.

Do you have the "soap gene"?  I do.  It stinks.  I feel like 90% of the world gets to enjoy cilantro and I taste soap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.