What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Last I checked Heady Topper was one of the highest rated beers in the country on beer advocate and nearly impossible to buy in stores. Does it live up to its reputation? Missed it when I was in the area. 

It’s a great beer and definitely worth getting if you can. I got half a case to take home with me. I do have to say the Treehouse Julius and some of their other  beers are better but they are even harder to get your hands on

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

Uhmmm, @bobs0108, what gives with the glass? Doesn’t the top of the can beg you for a different approach??

Pretty sure that’s the right glass for a heady topper. Definitely doesn’t need a flute, shaker pint, mug, or stout glass. Unless I missed something. 

Just now, bobs0108 said:

It does they recommend no glass for flavor but I’m a rebel lol 

I guess I did miss something lol I’m not sure how drinking from the can makes sense though, but maybe I’m too snobby 

19 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

It’s a great beer and definitely worth getting if you can. I got half a case to take home with me. I do have to say the Treehouse Julius and some of their other  beers are better but they are even harder to get your hands on

I’ve never heard of Treehouse Julius. I’ll have to see if I can get my hands on a few sometimes. 

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Pretty sure that’s the right glass for a heady topper. Definitely doesn’t need a flute, shaker pint, mug, or stout glass. Unless I missed something. 

I guess I did miss something lol I’m not sure how drinking from the can makes sense though, but maybe I’m too snobby 

It says on the can you will lose flavor by pouring it. I prefer a glass and that is the correct glass for that type of beer. 

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

Sounds like you need to need to pound a can of beer....hell....shotgun that somebitch!?

Working on that now. As bad as it may sound, I’ve been drinking Naturdays quite a bit lately. Usually if im drinking an alcoholic lemonade drink it’s going to be with vodka, but these are delicious. I’ve got a few grapefruit sculpins left but I’ll save those for another day. 

14 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Working on that now. As bad as it may sound, I’ve been drinking Naturdays quite a bit lately. Usually if im drinking an alcoholic lemonade drink it’s going to be with vodka, but these are delicious. I’ve got a few grapefruit sculpins left but I’ll save those for another day. 

Sadly those things are delicious. It pained me to enjoy them and they are so cheap. 

11 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

Sadly those things are delicious. It pained me to enjoy them and they are so cheap. 

Every person I’ve told to try them I’ve described them to as embarrassingly good. First one I had was a dollar at the bar and I haven’t looked back since. 

17 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

It says on the can you will lose flavor by pouring it. I prefer a glass and that is the correct glass for that type of beer. 

Most of what I have been told by my brewing pals is that Alchemist uses hop oil in their production and pouring the beer out into a glass will allow people to see evidence of that as opposed to keeping it in the can.

I've not cared enough to test this theory.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 7:59 PM, bobs0108 said:

I am up in Stowe VT on a three day adventure with the wife. We hit three breweries Vontrap brewing, Harpoon, and The Alchemist. The Alchemist is a great brewery that makes Heady Topper and Focal Banger. 

94CA4C30-267A-49E3-95AE-AAC96763B365.jpeg

I'm heading to Buffalo to visit family for the week, so of course I had to open my untappd app to research some good beer venues. Apparently the Wegmans Pub on Transit has Heady Topper and Focal Banger? If true, that might be my first stop...even before seeing my family!

On 6/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, steveoath said:

Father's Day present from the wife n junior. 

15608740451281776143754758854952.jpg

Something you and I have in common ?

BrewDog’s USA headquarters are in Columbus, Ohio. Elvis Juice is a staple at local bars. I almost went to the brewery today actually, but temperatures hit 93 Fahrenheit. Stayed closer to home to dodge the heat. 

55 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Anyone who can eat and enjoy really really hot (spicy) things. Or thinks they can tolerate heat. Try these bad boys ...

???

9C148AEF-8C42-42C6-A1E2-D56001D690CA.jpeg

May have to get some for my son, Im too old.., but he lives for the stuff... has Ghost Pepper oil that he occasionally trots out and shows his manhood.

21 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

I'm heading to Buffalo to visit family for the week, so of course I had to open my untappd app to research some good beer venues. Apparently the Wegmans Pub on Transit has Heady Topper and Focal Banger? If true, that might be my first stop...even before seeing my family!

I can confirm that these are both indeed available at the Wegmans Pub on Transit. I've had Heady Topper before, but the Focal Banger is right there with it. Dank hop explosion. 

result_1561825429828.jpg

Edited by Claude_Verret
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

I can confirm that these are both indeed available at the Wegmans Pub on Transit. I've had Heady Topper before, but the Focal Banger is right there with it. Dank hop explosion. 

result_1561825429828.jpg

They are both really good beers and worth a try if you can get your hands on them at a reasonable price. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.