What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

On 3/9/2019 at 9:50 PM, Ogre said:

Had a black bean burger salad at Irish Mafia...perfect...giant juicy cheeseburger on top of an avocado salad...several Mighty Egos to wash it down...

I eventually realized the black bean salsa burger was a veggie burger a few weeks ago. The server got flustered when I asked if it was meat or not. He thought I was vegetarian concerned that I was eating meat. In actuality I’m a carnivore that was concerned he wasn’t getting any meat....

I still order the black bean salsa burger because it’s awesome...I make sure I wash it down with an order of wings though...and several Mighty Egos....

Edited by Ogre

33 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I eventually realized the black bean salsa burger was a veggie burger a few weeks ago. The server got flustered when I asked if it was meat or not. He thought I was vegetarian concerned that I was eating meat. In actuality I’m a carnivore that was concerned he wasn’t getting any meat....

I still order the black bean salsa burger because it’s awesome...I make sure I wash it down with an order of wings though...and several Mighty Egos....

I hit Irish Mafia for the first time a few weeks ago on our way to Keuka Lake.  Nice beers and decent food.  Won't be the last time I'm there, for sure.

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

I hit Irish Mafia for the first time a few weeks ago on our way to Keuka Lake.  Nice beers and decent food.  Won't be the last time I'm there, for sure.

I really love the place. It takes me 3 mins to get there... Other Half Brewing Co bought Nedloh’s brewery across the intersection from the Mafia. They don’t do food(food trucks sometimes) but they have an outdoor gaming area and they are very popular with the somewhat younger crowd. They bought the building at the base of the hill on the highway and plan on turning it into a restaurant....

I’m constantly meeting folks from Victor/Mendon that are out for the beers. We went from having one place in town for dinner to four. Two of which serve very good beers. Mugsy’s is the diner in the plaza next to the gas station. They don’t serve alcohol but they have really good food. Not the kind you’d ordinarily expect from a diner.

Give me shout next time and I’d definitely meet you for a beer.

12 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I really love the place. It takes me 3 mins to get there... Other Half Brewing Co bought Nedloh’s brewery across the intersection from the Mafia. They don’t do food(food trucks sometimes) but they have an outdoor gaming area and they are very popular with the somewhat younger crowd. They bought the building at the base of the hill on the highway and plan on turning it into a restaurant....

I’m constantly meeting folks from Victor/Mendon that are out for the beers. We went from having one place in town for dinner to four. Two of which serve very good beers. Mugsy’s is the diner in the plaza next to the gas station. They don’t serve alcohol but they have really good food. Not the kind you’d ordinarily expect from a diner.

Give me shout next time and I’d definitely meet you for a beer.

Will do.

Anniversary dinner tomorrow night. Great excuse to try the new steakhouse just up the street from us.. A quick peek at the menu has my wife thinking twin lobster tails, while I’m eyeballing the 8oz filet. Will report back!

I spent the last week in LA for business. I venture out and try to find good grub each night with coworkers that know the city. Two of us visited a taco spot one night that was literally tucked away in an alley, underneath a pop up tent in downtown LA. Not a single person there spoke a word of English, and neither of us speak any Spanish. I have no idea what I ate. But I know it was delicious. 

Also, horchata is incredibly delicious. If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend. A simple yet tasty drink to accompany the spicy tacos. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/7/2019 at 8:27 PM, Weave said:

It is really good stuff.  My only fault  with it is that it is on the light side at 80 proof.  I really think bourbon shines at 94-107 proof.

I’ve been hitting on a bottle of Thomas Handy.  Barrel proof rye.  It’s a bit too lively at barrel proof, but a touch of water and it turns into daddy’s candy.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:36 PM, ubkev said:

The 80 proof makes me feel better when I drink half a bottle. The 104 hurts after that much.

I liked the "lighter" proofs better.  More bourbon taste and less alcohol taste.  To me, there's a reason Bourbon opens up with a drop or two of water.  YMMV.

Also, Weave, there's a new bourbon bar in town, so next time you feel like being a degenerate, let me know.  I'll do the driving this time.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I liked the "lighter" proofs better.  More bourbon taste and less alcohol taste.  To me, there's a reason Bourbon opens up with a drop or two of water.  YMMV.

Also, Weave, there's a new bourbon bar in town, so next time you feel like being a degenerate, let me know.  I'll do the driving this time.

I'm in.  Let's schedule something so we don't just talk about it.

9 hours ago, Drunkard said:

No need to apologize. Mr. Peanut is a classy guy. Top hat, monocle, and no pants, because sometimes you just got to let your ***** breathe.

To be honest, the Uber driver wasn't at all happy about that  last part, but whatever.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

I am up in Stowe VT on a three day adventure with the wife. We hit three breweries Vontrap brewing, Harpoon, and The Alchemist. The Alchemist is a great brewery that makes Heady Topper and Focal Banger. 

94CA4C30-267A-49E3-95AE-AAC96763B365.jpeg

Last I checked Heady Topper was one of the highest rated beers in the country on beer advocate and nearly impossible to buy in stores. Does it live up to its reputation? Missed it when I was in the area. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.