What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Traditional Polish Xmas eve meal. Kielbasa, kapusta, perogies with buttered onion, grochowka, borscht with sour cream.....

I made the deserts...Eggnog custard pie with sugar cookie crust, cheesecake with homemade strawberry syrup and a wild black raspberry pie...

My belly hurts...

OMG, holy throw-back.  

• 1 month later...

I just had the weirdest wings ever. I'm in Lake George, so expectations were low, but they were freaking weird! It's was basically like eating mini KFC chicken but with wing sauce. Not bad, but now what I meant when I ordered wings. Pizza was good though.

After suffering behind a minivan for 10 minutes in the ETS drive-thru (we were talking tacos in the GDT yesterday, no?), I ditched.  So it's really crappy take-out sushi from Lexington Co-op.  You'd think a place like that, situated where it is, would be better.  It's not.  It's not even as good as Wegmans take-out sushi.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

After suffering behind a minivan for 10 minutes in the ETS drive-thru (we were talking tacos in the GDT yesterday, no?), I ditched.  So it's really crappy take-out sushi from Lexington Co-op.  You'd think a place like that, situated where it is, would be better.  It's not.  It's not even as good as Wegmans take-out sushi.

I need to get you out here for sushi.  Yeah, we've actually got a good sushi place.  Who knew?

Just now, Weave said:

I need to get you out here for sushi.  Yeah, we've actually got a good sushi place.  Who knew?

If I had just taken ten minutes to order, I would have been fine.  I was in such a hurry to get away from certain friends (they will have headaches tomorrow and I won't) that I just moved on quickly.

12 hours ago, Weave said:

There's a good sushi place around?  I'd love to know more about that!

16 hours ago, ubkev said:

I just had the weirdest wings ever. I'm in Lake George, so expectations were low, but they were freaking weird! It's was basically like eating mini KFC chicken but with wing sauce. Not bad, but now what I meant when I ordered wings. Pizza was good though.

Breaded wings?  They are a thing.  You can get them in Rochester at some places.  Chester Cab Pizza has them as their flagship.

I'm not a fan.  Breaded, fried chicken needs substance like a leg, breast, or thigh... 

2 hours ago, LTS said:

There's a good sushi place around?  I'd love to know more about that!

Breaded wings?  They are a thing.  You can get them in Rochester at some places.  Chester Cab Pizza has them as their flagship.

I'm not a fan.  Breaded, fried chicken needs substance like a leg, breast, or thigh... 

Sushi.... not near you.  I have a long commute to get to your neck of the woods, Mon-Fri.  You'd be surprised to hear that where I live has a good sushi place.  We aren't exactly a culinary destination.  I became a good cook in part because I couldn't get the quality of food I like without a 40 minute drive.

Breaded wings make me think of Tully's.  They have their time and place, but I prefer not breaded.

9 hours ago, Weave said:

Sushi.... not near you.  I have a long commute to get to your neck of the woods, Mon-Fri.  You'd be surprised to hear that where I live has a good sushi place.  We aren't exactly a culinary destination.  I became a good cook in part because I couldn't get the quality of food I like without a 40 minute drive.

Breaded wings make me think of Tully's.  They have their time and place, but I prefer not breaded.

I can drive for good sushi. I'm not sure Rochester has too many places.  I was okay with Shiki and Next Door.  I'm glad you have a good place.  Realistically I am much more a sashimi guy but I would think if they make good sushi that the sashimi would be good too.

19 hours ago, Weave said:

What about Pok-a-Dot, though?

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Eleven said:

Ted's "Sea Dog."  This is essentially a giant fishstick on a foot-long roll.  It's some haddock/pollock/cod/insert cheap fish here mix that is way too deep fried.  It was utterly disgusting.  

Ted's has lousy seafood?  Whodathunkit?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Weave said:

Ted's has lousy seafood?  Whodathunkit?

Hey, McDonald's filet-o-fish is pretty good.  So I figured that since Ted's burgers are better than McD's, their fish sandwich would be as well.  I was wrong.

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Basil Hayden's Bourbon is pretty damn good. A bit too expensive, but it's still pretty damn good.

It is really good stuff.  My only fault  with it is that it is on the light side at 80 proof.  I really think bourbon shines at 94-107 proof.

I’ve been hitting on a bottle of Thomas Handy.  Barrel proof rye.  It’s a bit too lively at barrel proof, but a touch of water and it turns into daddy’s candy.

8 minutes ago, Weave said:

It is really good stuff.  My only fault  with it is that it is on the light side at 80 proof.  I really think bourbon shines at 94-107 proof.

I’ve been hitting on a bottle of Thomas Handy.  Barrel proof rye.  It’s a bit too lively at barrel proof, but a touch of water and it turns into daddy’s candy.

The 80 proof makes me feel better when I drink half a bottle. The 104 hurts after that much.

I just got a bottle of Whistle Pig Rye 10. 

Also went to Treehouse Brewery and got a case of Julius and another case of random beers from them. If you get a chance their beers are amazing. 

Heading up to Vermont to go to The Alchemist 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.