Anson Carter to the Sabres

gsx95red

EKLUND!

The all knowing rumor reporter has listed Carter as in some preliminary talks with the Sabres?

I thought Darcy said the wingers were all set?

And what happened to searching for a defenseman?

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

He'd be a welcome addition in my book, but he's on his way to Vancouver, so Darcy swings and misses, again...

On the trade front, it looks like Ottawa's trying to unload Wade Redden -- his salary is hefty, but he'd look great patrolling the blueline at HSBC..I wonder who Muckler would want in return? Which of his prized acquisitions are still in the fold? McKee and a pick perhaps?

Why would you add by subtracting??? You want to add a defenseman to strengthen the group dealing Mckee would only create another hole to fill.Trade one of the goalies because you won't be able to keep them happy or find enough playing time.C'mon Darcy Get-R-Done!!!! For the love of God get something done!

where does it even report Carter to the 'Nucks? I don't see it posted on Eklunds or SLAM Canoe.

I would welcome Carter if thats the case. I'm getting tired of falsified rumors though.

Redden would be F$#&*ING awesome to get. Fast and solid play. Don't give up McKee though, I agree, we still need some vet blood back there.

Git R Dun!!!!

Why would you add by subtracting??? You want to add a defenseman to strengthen the group dealing Mckee would only create another hole to fill.Trade one of the goalies because you won't be able to keep them happy or find enough playing time.C'mon Darcy Get-R-Done!!!! For the love of God get something done!

IF McKee can play a full season (I'll believe it when i see it), he'll be no better than our #4 defenseman...Redden's a step up....wouldn't mind if we had both, just speculating about Muckler's mindset..

Mucks drafted Marty Biron right? Maybe that bait might be something to pull Redden out of Ottawa but you know how those dreaded division trade scenario's go? No one wants to see one of their own torment them for years to come. Just remember Peter McNab with Boston, McKegney with Quebec and Andreychuk with Toronto.

Mucks drafted Marty Biron right? Maybe that bait might be something to pull Redden out of Ottawa but you know how those dreaded division trade scenario's go? No one wants to see one of their own torment them for years to come. Just remember Peter McNab with Boston, McKegney with Quebec and Andreychuk with Toronto.

Mucks seems to be the exception to the rule: Varada, Rayzor even Denis Hamel wound up reuniting with him...I think they're set in goal, but I'd trade Biron for Redden in a hearbeat given the chance

Ottawa isn't going to trade for Biron. I think they like Emery as Hasek's back-up. Plus, they only want to get rid of Redden due to salary-cap concerns. Biron with his 2.2 million a season or whatever, isn't going anywhere. If we in this forum are smart enough to identify that he'll never be an 'A' quality goalie, you can bet the other GM's have identified it as well.

Regier won't be able to trade Biron and that salary for a bag of pucks.

However, on a positive note, Ottawa will probably trade Redden for a young prospect or more likely a draft pick. They want to dump the salary.

On a negative note, Regier will once again sit idle as another eager to win club snaps him up for a 1st, or maybe even 2nd round pick.

Mucks seems to be the exception to the rule: Varada, Rayzor even Denis Hamel wound up reuniting with him...I think they're set in goal, but I'd trade Biron for Redden in a hearbeat given the chance

As did some goalie named Hasek so not sure why they'd need Biron. I like Redden as much as the next guy but part of the reason he's on the block is Ottawa doesn't think they can re-sign him when he becomes an UFA after this season, what makes you think the Sabres could based on the "success" we've had this offseason?

Archived