Stafford needs to go

Eleven

No - it shouldn't matter. Please, Darcy, trade him.

Dave Davis@DaveDavisHockey 17m

Wings beat writer says Regier may be unwilling to deal Stafford to Detroit since they'll be division rivals next season. Should that matter?

If Stafford keeps playing the way he does, it would be beneficial to trade within the division. Hell, take all the guys who go through the motions and trade them within the division.

Wings beat writer says Regier may be unwilling to deal Stafford to Detroit since they'll be division rivals next season. Should that matter?

Again, Regier won't make any trade with significant potential that he could look bad later.

Regier has traded within the division four times:

-Paille to Boston

-Acquiring Dominic Moore from Toronto

-Ray to Ottawa

-Varada to Ottawa

If you believe a trade makes you a better team, you make it.

I focused as much as I could on Stafford last night. And he is Connelly. His lack of hustle had me furious. I've never played on a professional team, but even in a pick up soccer game my overweight friends play harder. My favorite players are the ones with marginal talent that play every shift like it might be their last (think Mair, Ellis, Kaleta), and even better those that have talent that play that way (Ott, Crosby (a joy to watch if you like hustle even though I want to hate him) and my least favorite are the ones that have all the talent in the world and just float around. There are plenty, but Connelly and Stafford are good reps. One guy like that is a cancer. We have a few.

Stafford needs to go to a team that has a solid foundation and strong leadership. Detroit is a perfect fit for a player like Stafford. I stated before I felt Stafford doesn't enjoy playing hockey. I don't know the guy, it has been an impression I have gotten over the years watching him play and listening/reading his comments.

no it shouldn't. focus on making the Buffalo Sabres better. if that means sending Stafford to Detroit, then so be it.

no it shouldn't. focus on making the Buffalo Sabres better. if that means sending Stafford to Detroit, then so be it.

Agree. Never understood this. Just so the GM doesn't loook bad for the 6 games they will play the traded player each year, he won't try to better the team for the other 76 games.

I just noticed this thread was started way back in 2011... Sad, Sad, Sad.... Darcy needs to go especially since Stafford is still on the team ssssh, don't tell Detroit...

Wow, I didn't realize that until you said it.

So I went back to see how it all started and here I am on page 1 of the thread -- 15 months ago:

Also, can we just once trade a guy when his value is high? Just once? Darcy needs some foresight. Afinogenov led the team in points after 2006 but it was clear even then that he wasn't a guy we'd count on the a Cup run. Instead of trading him, we re-signed him and by the time he left, his value was basically zero. What are the chances Stafford is untradeable in a year or two?

Alright, everyone needs to start listening to me because I've been basically telling you the future right here on this message board.

Edited by Robviously

So I went back to see how it all started and here I am on page 1 of the thread -- 15 months ago:

Alright, everyone needs to start listening to me because I've been basically telling you the future right here on this message board.

I'll give you that. Nice job.

I'll start listening to you when you start saying things that are more useful than "our poorly run hockey team is making poor decisions" :P

Stafford is tradeable. Whether Regier is willing to accept what his current market value is, however, is another issue entirely.

I know, I was just blowing off some steam. I don't have an avatar to do it for me.

Stafford is tradeable. Whether Regier is willing to accept what his current market value is, however, is another issue entirely.

If you're a good team that sucks at scoring goals (hello, Nashville), why wouldn't you part with a draft pick to take a chance on Drew Stafford? Nashville traded last year's first round pick for a guy whose only skill is being tall.

If you're a good team that sucks at scoring goals (hello, Nashville), why wouldn't you part with a draft pick to take a chance on Drew Stafford? Nashville traded last year's first round pick for a guy whose only skill is being tall.

Well, you can't coach tall.

And faceoffs, can't forget about the faceoffs.

What kind of contract did they give Goose anyway? Could he be on the market? DR better be fired soon, so I don't have to scream when I hear he has traded for Goose. And, I like Goose, but he so *yesterday's news*.