[Game Day] Hurricanes @ Sabres 7:00PM

SabresBeat

well, apparently its 2-0 now canes. I hate to say it, but it may be 11:59

True score, but a better played game so far. 2nd goal caught Miller by surprise. Tallinder had the puck knocked right off his stick into the net.

Sabres goal disallowed as Briere was called for goalie interference.

yeah wtf is up with that guy? i thought this team was like..,"one-for-all and all-for-one" or somesuch. now i'm hearing that vanek has stopped skating and briere says there's locker room issues and i am wondering what the hell is going on?

meanwhile, we';re getting blown out!

True, but we didn't look as "lost" this game, if that makes any sense....... Goals were a little strange tonite.....

I agree, this game was a little different but still obviously not enough of a complete effort. It did get interesting at the end but it's a 60-minute game. I think we are showing signs of breaking out of the "slump," but Ottawa is coming up and they could quickly put things back into a tailspin

I just got home from the game and I only have one comment after another disappointing loss. When the Sabres made it 4-3, it was the loudest I have heard the crowd all season long.

GO SABRES!!!

We could certainly here it ROCKIN there for a while through the tv.....

4-3 Carolina. How much did that crappy 4th goal hurt us? Yes it's our 3rd loss in a row, but take heart in the fact the Sabres woke up from their slumber in the 3rd. I was getting really worried. I wonder if this team is starting to run out of gas?

PTR

Really PTR? How many times has an NHL team went on a scoring streak then followed it up by a slump? Evry time?

They are locked into fourth. Considering that 8th will be the Thrashers or the Devils? I don't want 1st.

I sort of agree with DeLuca on this one. I think for the past two weeks, we had seemingly getting EVERY bounce to go our way. Cross-ice passes weren't getting deflected or hopping over sticks, pucks were hitting the post and finding their way in, etc etc.

I think that tonight the Sabres didn't neccessarily get outplayed (as they did in the OTT and ATL games), just fell victim to a couple of really strange goals. I think Miller stops the 4th Carolina goal 99 times out of 100.

My only complaint is the lack of production from our PP unit. While I understand that the team is once again in the midst of one of the most grueling portions of their schedule, AND Lindy obviously has been tending to Madeline and his family (and rightfully so), but boy...it seems to me they sure could use a good hard session of PP practice. Like it or not, this team still lives and dies by it's PP. While they've gotten significantly better in 5-5 situations in comparison to November and December, the Sabres still struggle when the PP isn't clicking. I know this isn't any huge revelation...most teams find it hard to win games when the PP isn't working right, all I'm saying is I think Lindy should switch things up, and have a good solid practice as opposed to letting everyone go with just light, optional morning skates. He doesn't have to run them ragged...but it sure looks like they need some skill work before Friday.