F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Got out yesterday evening to scout a new farm for deer season. Looks VERY promising. And only 6 miles from my doorstep. There are two new bottles of bourbon in the cabinet that I've never had before. The Sabres will be on. And it's been a challenging week that is almost over.

Life is good.

Why don't you step into the all about liquor thread and tell us about it??? :thumbsup:

We may need an all about hunting thread, too, with bow season opening tomorrow.

Twisted ankle. It's pretty bad.

"Umm ... exactly *how* is that a good thing? Should this not go in the 'Complaint Thursday' thread?"

Yes, it should. And it did. However,

a) I've had the entire week off of work. With pay. Doctor's orders. I've sat around and watched movies, played X-box, ripped hundreds of CDs in prep of iTunes Match at the end of the month.

b) Lortab. 'nuff said. :)

c) THIS WAS ALL MY BOSS' IDEA. He's the one who called and suggested that I take the week AND Monday and Tuesday of next week to rest the ankle, keep it elevated, and let it heal. He said he would contact HR and get the paperwork rolling on short-term disability.

WHO has the winner job? *I* have the winner job!

WHO has the best boss ever?! I think you already know the answer to that one. :)

1. Twisted ankle. It's pretty bad.

"Umm ... exactly *how* is that a good thing? Should this not go in the 'Complaint Thursday' thread?"

a) I've had the entire week off of work. With pay. Doctor's orders. I've sat around and watched movies, played X-box, ripped hundreds of CDs in prep of iTunes Match at the end of the month.

c) THIS WAS ALL MY BOSS' IDEA. He's the one who called and suggested that I take the week AND Monday and Tuesday of next week to rest the ankle, keep it elevated, and let it heal. He said he would contact HR and get the paperwork rolling on short-term disability.

WHO has the best boss ever?! I think you already know the answer to that one. :)

2. HOCKEY

3. Good friends coming over for the game.

4. Good food for dinner.

5. HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA! Good to hear that it all worked out for you! Keep on relaxing, and enjoy the next few days! :thumbsup:

:) We'll see. It's my own fault though, I suggested tonight without consulting my printout of the October Sabres calendar.

Ah, but the bonus is that you've set yourself up for the most important relationship test this girl needs to pass if she's a keeper: will she get upset when you're checking on the game during dinner, or will she ask you for updates? ;)

Side note: what's up with all the changing avatars all of a sudden? lol Between you and Braedon I'm getting confused.

Edit: I seem to have an uncanny knack for making the last post on a page. Seems like the second or third time this week it's worked out that way.

1. Twisted ankle. It's pretty bad.

2. HOCKEY

3. Good friends coming over for the game.

4. Good food for dinner.

5. HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lortab seems to be doing it's job. Did you follow my recommendation of chasing it with a 12-pack?

Ah, but the bonus is that you've set yourself up for the most important relationship test this girl needs to pass if she's a keeper: will she get upset when you're checking on the game during dinner, or will she ask you for updates? ;)

Side note: what's up with all the changing avatars all of a sudden? lol Between you and Braedon I'm getting confused.

Are you browsing from a mobile device? If so, you may be seeing a profile pic, not the avatar - they both have the same avatar they have been using for as long as I can remember.

Yes, it is.

Who here has been on I-95 in Georgia? I hadn't been on there in a while and it was still relatively early in the morning. I get on there, drive from the Florida state line all the way up to Savannah, and I rolled the windows down on my big rig. It was so pleasant to get a whiff of that ocean air and drive through all that open road. Yes, the Georgia Low Country is something to write home about. :thumbsup:

I haven't done the drive, but I've been to Savannah. What a great hidden gem of a city.

I finally got that job offer I was looking for an accepted it. Even better, I thought my boss was going to flip (because they rely on me too much around here), but she didn't. She acknowledged the crisis they'll be in, but admitted that she understood my reason for leaving.

Now, off to the pub. :beer:

Congrats!

As for me, after an extremely busy week, I'm having dinner with my wife and some friends tonight at a really good restaurants. It's a crowd that can be counted on for a substantial amount of boozing. I'll then stumble onto the couch, watch the Sabres and sleep in tomorrow. Then, one of my best friends will be in town visiting tomorrow night and we'll hang out and watch the game. I am very psyched to get to tonight.

Go Sabres.

Are you browsing from a mobile device? If so, you may be seeing a profile pic, not the avatar - they both have the same avatar they have been using for as long as I can remember.

No, on my desktop at work... MattPie used to be the close-up with a red motorcycle helmet and changed to sitting on a motorcycle with a grey Sabres shirt, and Braedon's changed from the bearded lady mug shot to some black background with a star and a figure in front of it. Confusing!

Yeah, when I visit the forum from my phone I never see any avatars.

Happy Friday All!!!

I have to work, so no hockey on my big tv in hd. UPSIDE: I have a slingbox! Just trying to decide what to sling the game to. I'll be pretty busy, unless it rains. Probably the laptop, yes?

I got a new car :clapping: Smallest vehicle I have had (and only the second brand new one) since I was 19 and bought a new camaro. I have only had Suburbans and Excursions for many years...totin' kids, ya know? I got a Ford Edge (crossover) and it's pretty slick actually. Nice Fordtouch computer system in it, and fun to drive. Maybe I could sling the game to the car?

Well, work would probably miss me if I sat in my car all night. I'm the boss, so no worries I'll just plop down in the middle of everything and sling to one of the computers. Can't wait!

No, on my desktop at work... MattPie used to be the close-up with a red motorcycle helmet and changed to sitting on a motorcycle with a grey Sabres shirt, and Braedon's changed from the bearded lady mug shot to some black background with a star and a figure in front of it. Confusing!

Seeing it now - refresh does wonders for cached images.

Edit: I seem to have an uncanny knack for making the last post on a page. Seems like the second or third time this week it's worked out that way.

OR will she demand to go back to your place and watch the game with you? EH!? THAT is the sign of a keeper. If she starts throwing pillows at the TV if the Canes score, then you know she's worth it. :)

Yep, just changed it the other day. It's from last week and since it's more Sabres-themed it seemed apropos. Question for the panel, actual picture of yourself as an avatar: good or bad? It's not an option many use around here.

I should have put that in the Friday list though: I went to a party last Saturday based around a backyard mini-motocross race. I borrowed a bike and a couple friends and I tore around the 'track' (it's more of a pretty hairy woods trail with logs and whatnot up and down the side of a hill). It was a *blast*.

Yep, just changed it the other day. It's from last week and since it's more Sabres-themed it seemed apropos. Question for the panel, actual picture of yourself as an avatar: good or bad? It's not an option many use around here.

Mine is a picture of me with Pommer's face superimposed on top.

• Like (+1) 1

hey, is this thing on? test, 1 2 3 .... *tap tap tap*

okay, i'll start off.

obvious. 5-1 start to the season.

how about seeing articles like this?

libya is free. sort of. maybe. eventually. hey, they have a better shot of it now than they did, right?

pumpkin walk tonight with my two little pumpkins. </cheese>

weekend.

sabres game saturday. bills game football on sunday.

pizza for breakfast. cold. fresh out of the fridge. rockstar punched as the beverage of choice.

iOS 5. why not?