F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Sabres won their opener in good fashion...it's F'N Fantastic...

Yes, it is.

Who here has been on I-95 in Georgia? I hadn't been on there in a while and it was still relatively early in the morning. I get on there, drive from the Florida state line all the way up to Savannah, and I rolled the windows down on my big rig. It was so pleasant to get a whiff of that ocean air and drive through all that open road. Yes, the Georgia Low Country is something to write home about. :thumbsup:

Just got back from dinner at a new Indian restaurant that opened in town a few weeks ago. Chicken Curry was fantastic. Then stopped next door and sat at the bar and had a Brooklyn Oktoberfest and a Four Roses bourbon. Life is good.

*leans back and unbuttons top button of jeans*

Yes, it is.

Who here has been on I-95 in Georgia? I hadn't been on there in a while and it was still relatively early in the morning. I get on there, drive from the Florida state line all the way up to Savannah, and I rolled the windows down on my big rig. It was so pleasant to get a whiff of that ocean air and drive through all that open road. Yes, the Georgia Low Country is something to write home about. :thumbsup:

If you don't mind me asking, who do you drive for?

If you don't mind me asking, who do you drive for?

Thanks for asking, but I would rather not disclose that. Just know that I do what I can to be safe and legal out on these roads - not just for my safety but for everyone else's. :)

1> Game tonight, even if I'm not going to see it live because:

2> Date tonight

3> Had a great night last night, some beers and dancing (I had enough beers to think dancing was a good idea)

4> I have a couple rides planned for this weekend and next week, gotta get them in while the weather is OK

1> Game tonight, even if I'm not going to see it live because:

2> Date tonight

3> Had a great night last night, some beers and dancing (I had enough beers to think dancing was a good idea)

4> I have a couple rides planned for this weekend and next week, gotta get them in while the weather is OK

Don't mean to be a downer, but if #2 is conflicting with #1, you may be incompatible.

Don't mean to be a downer, but if #2 is conflicting with #1, you may be incompatible.

:lol: It's early in the season, so we'll give him a pass... if the date is still conflicting with game night in March and April, then he'll have a problem.

:lol: It's early in the season, so we'll give him a pass... if the date is still conflicting with game night in March and April, then he'll have a problem.

:) We'll see. It's my own fault though, I suggested tonight without consulting my printout of the October Sabres calendar.

• Like (+1) 1

2> Date tonight

Good luck Matt, get some.

I had a date myself last night, first in a very very long time, and it went very very well. :thumbsup: Of course, this is three months before I am moving 1000 miles away.... :thumbdown:

No matter today, though! The sun is shining, already gave a stern warning to the housemates about going anywhere near the TV remote starting at 7:30, and..... well I guess I forgot to throw some Labatts in the fridge :lol:

Also, I recently discovered the 5th floor of the library here on campus, it's a quiet floor and I can monitor an entire hillside of the leaves changing colors. We have such beautiful autumns down here in the mountains of Virginia. :)

Game day...My Dad just got a Pool Table and Ping Pong table to finish out his recently renovated basement. He's in New Orleans this weekend, so my Brother-in-law and I are going over there and raiding his beer, playing some pool and watching hockey.

Gonna be a fantastic day.

Finally, I get to watch the boys on the big screen tonight. It is my express mission to leave work slightly early and be on the couch with the Sabres neon illuminated and an adult beverage in hand by puck drop. And, for the first time in a while, I get to sleep in tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Finally, I get to watch the boys on the big screen tonight. It is my express mission to leave work slightly early and be on the couch with the Sabres neon illuminated and an adult beverage in hand by puck drop. And, for the first time in a while, I get to sleep in tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Bio, this plan constitutes a nasty case of permagrin. I like it.

Working from home today while my little one learns her letters on the Ipad. House is quiet with the exception of "H for Hippo, M for Monkey...."

All the while, the Swords in the back of my mind :beer:

Got out yesterday evening to scout a new farm for deer season. Looks VERY promising. And only 6 miles from my doorstep. There are two new bottles of bourbon in the cabinet that I've never had before. The Sabres will be on. And it's been a challenging week that is almost over.

Life is good.

As my parents are snowbirds, they are leaving for their Atlanta home next weekend. They wanted to spend some extra time with my kids so they will be spending the night with grandma and grandpa tonight. For the second night in a row, I have the (usually rare) opportunity for some free babysitting and a night of "do whatever the hell I want". Might do party in the plaza, might just do a local watering hole for the game. Definitely don't need to be up early tomorrow for any reason. :beer:

Oh how I long for just one day to sleep in until 8 am again, because come 6 am tomorrow morning I'll hear my 3 year old daughter yelling "Daddy, I wake up...come play with me!!!" Those saturday morning wake up calls really hurt after having a few extra pops following a Sabres victory the night before.

I finally got that job offer I was looking for an accepted it. Even better, I thought my boss was going to flip (because they rely on me too much around here), but she didn't. She acknowledged the crisis they'll be in, but admitted that she understood my reason for leaving.

Now, off to the pub. :beer:

• Like (+1) 3

I finally got that job offer I was looking for an accepted it. Even better, I thought my boss was going to flip (because they rely on me too much around here), but she didn't. She acknowledged the crisis they'll be in, but admitted that she understood my reason for leaving.

Now, off to the pub. :beer:

Congrats! Have one for me! I'm leavin work in an hour to head to Buffalo...I think we're gonna hit up Benchwarmers next to the arena instead of Duffs...