F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Brother-in-law lost his job unexpectedly last week. Three young kids, big mortgage.

Walked right into a better one less than a week later.

And the new Chickenfoot album ROCKS!!!!!!

F'N" Fantastic Friday!

Chickenfoot has a new album?

*googles furiously*

Getting close to its own thread. Yeah - I am aware Marlin got bought by Remington - QC was definitely an issue, but recent reports seem to indicate things are on the way back up. I haven't checked the year of my 45/70 to see whether it was before or after the merge, but the gun has been flawless, and the fit and finish is top notch.

I LOVE the 18" barrel - especially on drives - that thing shoulders so nice, and is a breeze to carry through the woods. I have a Browning A-bolt in 30-06 with Leupold glass for the rare occasion we sit on a field where we really need to reach out and touch someone.

I have an eye out for an old Marlin 336 in 30-30. I love the old guns - and it would be a good trainer for the kids when they join us in the woods over the next couple years.

My son turned 14 a couple weeks ago. He'll be using my Marlin .35 on opening day. I've used that gun every year since the regs changed allowing rifles. My problem is too many choices for which toy I bring along now. I may go back to the hand cannon for opening day. It's always been good to me. We'll see.

Dude, we HAVE to party together some time.

Still living on the fumes of a F'N" fastastic weekend last week with my annual Bills game roadtrip.

Great weather, F'N fastastic football game, tailgate, gleefully berating patriot fans and even made last call 4am at a bar for first time in like 20 some years. Took 3 days to recover, hell I might still be in recovery.

Just got to say Buffalo still rocks.

• Like (+1) 1

Brother-in-law lost his job unexpectedly last week. Three young kids, big mortgage.

Walked right into a better one less than a week later.

And the new Chickenfoot album ROCKS!!!!!!

F'N" Fantastic Friday!

I'll have to check out the new Chickenfoot. I'm listening to the new Wilco album right now, it's their best since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot I do believe.

SABRES START THE SEASON TODAY!!!!

I'm so pumped for the season to start, and the fact that my boss and my other colleague in my department are not here today, so I should be able to listen to most of the game uninterrupted :clapping:

Also, RIT plays Niagara tomorrow...can't wait for that season to officially start as well!

SABRES START THE SEASON TODAY!!!!

I'm so pumped for the season to start, and the fact that my boss and my other colleague in my department are not here today, so I should be able to listen to most of the game uninterrupted :clapping:

Also, RIT plays Niagara tomorrow...can't wait for that season to officially start as well!

I gave up my BU season tickets this year but I'm still going to the home opener tomorrow. The girlfriend went to UNH and was a fan so we pretty much have to go to this one.

edit: And on that note, how awesome will tomorrow be? Watching the Sabres during the day and then heading out for a college game? I just have to find time somewhere in there to get an oil change.

I gave up my BU season tickets this year but I'm still going to the home opener tomorrow. The girlfriend went to UNH and was a fan so we pretty much have to go to this one.

edit: And on that note, how awesome will tomorrow be? Watching the Sabres during the day and then heading out for a college game? I just have to find time somewhere in there to get an oil change.

Ha, I've gotta do the same! I think I'm going to the Cornell v Harvard football game tomorrow (free tickets :thumbsup: )

I just KNOW there's an Inkman joke in that line somewhere. Paging Mr. Inky; white courtesy phone; paging Mr. Inky.

I just KNOW there's an Inkman joke in that line somewhere. Paging Mr. Inky; white courtesy phone; paging Mr. Inky.

I knew someone would go there. I love how the standard joke is now to just mention that Inky probably has something to say. I know I use that line all the time.

I knew someone would go there. I love how the standard joke is now to just mention that Inky probably has something to say. I know I use that line all the time.

Sorry, but if I see the set up line and can't come up w/ the family friendly version of the follow-up in 15 seconds or less, I've gotta leave it for the master. ;)

while i'm excited as hell for the new season, it makes me kind of sadly nostaligic for living back in buffalo. all y'all get to rally around the F'NC, discuss the game the next day at work, GO TO AN ACTUAL GAME ... man, out here, we've got precisely bupkiss for hockey excitement. for 99.83 percent of this state, today is just another day. for about 10 of us, it is THE DAY.

you lucky fish poops (get it? bass turds!). it's days like today where i really, really envy you. thankfully, i do have the center ice package, so i can watch the game, but there's no water cooler discussion, kicking the feet up on the cube and shooting the sh** for the first bit of work the next day, no buying "top shelf" perrys ... live it up, you buffalonians, cuz you are the lucky ones.

I'm going to take this a different way. Some fool decided to lay on his horn behind me this morning as I pulled over and stopped for an ambulance coming the other way. So yeah, I'm celebrating the fact that I'm not that guy.

love it.

i count the commonplace failure to pull over when an emergency vehicle approaches among the surest signs of society's deterioration. seriously - that vehicle is going to help someone whose life may be in danger, and you can't delay your trip to the store for 30 seconds? makes me insane.

while i'm excited as hell for the new season, it makes me kind of sadly nostaligic for living back in buffalo. all y'all get to rally around the F'NC, discuss the game the next day at work, GO TO AN ACTUAL GAME ... man, out here, we've got precisely bupkiss for hockey excitement. for 99.83 percent of this state, today is just another day. for about 10 of us, it is THE DAY.

you lucky fish poops (get it? bass turds!). it's days like today where i really, really envy you. thankfully, i do have the center ice package, so i can watch the game, but there's no water cooler discussion, kicking the feet up on the cube and shooting the sh** for the first bit of work the next day, no buying "top shelf" perrys ... live it up, you buffalonians, cuz you are the lucky ones.

we miss you too, chris. ;)

So excited for the start of the Sabres season! I had resigned myself to listening on the radio this year for financial reasons, and when I called DirecTV to cancel, they gave me a $120 bill credit and free Showtime for 3 months (on top of all the discounts they gave me in July). So now I'm essentially getting Center Ice for $52 instead of $172, and my bill (without CI) will be about $20/month. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Unfortunately I won't be able to watch today or tomorrow, but can't wait for next Friday!!

love it.

i count the commonplace failure to pull over when an emergency vehicle approaches among the surest signs of society's deterioration. seriously - that vehicle is going to help someone whose life may be in danger, and you can't delay your trip to the store for 30 seconds? makes me insane.

Even better? There was a red light about 10 car lengths in front of me. Again, I'm going to be happy about the fact that I won't get the anger induced heart attack that this guy does some day. Hopefully someone will pull over in front of his ambulance.