F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

hey ... every other friday off works just fine, right?

Hells yes. It's 26 three day weekends a year. 26. So if you have things you like to get done on the weekend (camping, chilling, chores, etc) or want extra time to do weekday stuff (errands/shopping/banking, etc), it works out great. Plus my bosses are flexible about when I actually take those Fridays off. So if I'm going vacation, I can stack consecutive Fridays off (by moving one from a previous week). That allows me to have ten consecutive days off from work at the expense of only 4 days of vacation.

I'm exempt, but I make overtime for hours worked. So occasionally, I'll grab overtime pay for working a regular shift on a Friday that I would of had off. Pretty sweet concept- overtime pay for working regular hours on a weekday.

---

Bonus F'N Fantastic Friday fact: tonight's game will be the first live Sabres game televised since I got my 60" plasma a few months ago.

Edit: love the thread concept. Buffalo fans are often quick to be downers (see also: regular Complaint thread exists years before regular Fantastic thread). Love the uplifting lovefest thread before the weekend.

- I have a new love of my life that has absolutely dominated the past 2 months of my free time. A beautiful blond that adores me, is always happy to see me and makes me feel young again. Oh pardon my gushing all lovestruck about her when I can just share a picture worth a thousand words.

- Oh and 1 more thing I get the weekend off from my new love to shuffle off tomorrow to Buffalo for my annual Bills game, chicken wings, beer and ballet here I come. Destroy the Pats, Let's go Bflo

post-1346-068357300 1316798344_thumb.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

- I have a new love of my life that has absolutely dominated the past 2 months of my free time. A beautiful blond that adores me, is always happy to see me and makes me feel young again. Oh pardon my gushing all lovestruck about her when I can just share a picture worth a thousand words.

- Oh and 1 more thing I get the weekend off from my new love to shuffle off tomorrow to Buffalo for my annual Bills game, chicken wings, beer and ballet here I come. Destroy the Pats, Let's go Bflo

Congrats - I bet she really knows how to use that tongue, too!

She's one of the best looking blondes on here!

My dad canceled on me for this weekend since the outdoor apple festival we were planning on attending was also canceled due to rain. I know this sounds like it should be in the complaint thread, but as much as I love my dad, it's been a long and exhausting week at work and I really didn't feel like entertaining company. So, now I've got the weekend to relax and a beef pot roast waiting for me when I get home, which is F'N Fantastic.

Bump.

I have nothing fantastic to report.

Nothing? ummm...it IS Friday...that's fantastic all in itself.

In other news, I just sent in my receipts from prescriptions and allergy meds for the last 9 months for my flex spending, and I will be receiving a $250 check in the next week. I love getting money back :D

Marlin 39A

A lever action .22, and the oldest long gun still in production. A plinker, trainer for the kids, and squirrel and rabbit hunter.

Can't wait to rub some blood on it this weekend!

HAHA nice. Have fun with that! just do Chz a favor, and stay away from the ducks. :bag:

Marlin 39A

A lever action .22, and the oldest long gun still in production. A plinker, trainer for the kids, and squirrel and rabbit hunter.

Can't wait to rub some blood on it this weekend!

Nice. I'm a lever action guy myself. Picked up a Winchester m255 .22 mag a couple weeks ago. I've only had it out to the range once so far. Time to take it into the woods.

I love October.

Nothing? ummm...it IS Friday...that's fantastic all in itself.

Fair enough. I'm happy it's a nice day out, and I can work from home with the windows open and the listen to great music[0]. I'm happy that I have a job. And I'm reasonably healthy. And caraway triscuits. And HOCKEY IN ONE WEEK.

[0] Like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_v8lEbVG8

Nice. I'm a lever action guy myself. Picked up a Winchester m255 .22 mag a couple weeks ago. I've only had it out to the range once so far. Time to take it into the woods.

I love October.

I bought a Marlin 1895 GS in .45/70 a couple years ago - what a sweet little brush gun! Quick to the shoulder, really accurate with the Hornady Leverevolution ammo, and has plenty of knockdown power for anything that walks or crawls in North America. With the Leupold VX-I 2-7x shotgun/muzzleloader scope in silver to match the stainless barrel(went with the shotgun line because the .45/70 kicks like a mule) it is accurate out to 150 yards. Haven't tried to figure the drop beyond that, as I will never have a 150 yard shot where I hunt. Point of impact is within an inch and a half of point of aim from 25-100 yards, and it prints groups of 2" at 100 yards with the Hornady ammo(too bad the stuff is so damn expensive!). Looks damn sharp in walnut and stainless, too.

That gun was the first lever gun for me, but really turned me on to them. Can't wait to get in the woods with it and put some rounds through this thing!

I bought a Marlin 1895 GS in .45/70 a couple years ago - what a sweet little brush gun! Quick to the shoulder, really accurate with the Hornady Leverevolution ammo, and has plenty of knockdown power for anything that walks or crawls in North America. With the Leupold VX-I 2-7x shotgun/muzzleloader scope in silver to match the stainless barrel(went with the shotgun line because the .45/70 kicks like a mule) it is accurate out to 150 yards. Haven't tried to figure the drop beyond that, as I will never have a 150 yard shot where I hunt. Point of impact is within an inch and a half of point of aim from 25-100 yards, and it prints groups of 2" at 100 yards with the Hornady ammo(too bad the stuff is so damn expensive!). Looks damn sharp in walnut and stainless, too.

That gun was the first lever gun for me, but really turned me on to them. Can't wait to get in the woods with it and put some rounds through this thing!

Now that they've increased barrel length to 21" an M1895 in 45/70 is on my short list of firearms I want NOW. I wasn't intersted in one of the 18" Guide guns but the 21" has caught my eye. I don't know if you are aware but Remington bought out Marlin last year and moved production to the Ilion, NY facility. But they are having QC problems right now. I am sure it is all due to adapting Remingtom machinery to the Marlin designs. I'm all over an 1895 as soon as they get their stuff squared away and get back to the Marlin level of quality that allowed them to outlast Winchester.

I've got a M336 in .35 Rem (awesome deer gun, more oomph than a 30-30) and a .357 Win M94 along with that Win 255. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those .308 Expresses too.

Dammit, we're gonna need an OT thread for this.

We got a cat this week...she's an older girl, a long-haired tortoise shell colored cat. We got an older one because my 3 year old son doesn't do really well with very fast moving animals, but he loves this girl.

We decided to re-name her, and told him that he could pick any name he wanted to name her. His choice:

Stevie Johnson.

F'n Fantastic.

We got a cat this week...she's an older girl, a long-haired tortoise shell colored cat. We got an older one because my 3 year old son doesn't do really well with very fast moving animals, but he loves this girl.

We decided to re-name her, and told him that he could pick any name he wanted to name her. His choice:

Stevie Johnson.

F'n Fantastic.

:lol: :lol: Nice!

Now that they've increased barrel length to 21" an M1895 in 45/70 is on my short list of firearms I want NOW. I wasn't intersted in one of the 18" Guide guns but the 21" has caught my eye. I don't know if you are aware but Remington bought out Marlin last year and moved production to the Ilion, NY facility. But they are having QC problems right now. I am sure it is all due to adapting Remingtom machinery to the Marlin designs. I'm all over an 1895 as soon as they get their stuff squared away and get back to the Marlin level of quality that allowed them to outlast Winchester.

I've got a M336 in .35 Rem (awesome deer gun, more oomph than a 30-30) and a .357 Win M94 along with that Win 255. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those .308 Expresses too.

Dammit, we're gonna need an OT thread for this.

Getting close to its own thread. Yeah - I am aware Marlin got bought by Remington - QC was definitely an issue, but recent reports seem to indicate things are on the way back up. I haven't checked the year of my 45/70 to see whether it was before or after the merge, but the gun has been flawless, and the fit and finish is top notch.

I LOVE the 18" barrel - especially on drives - that thing shoulders so nice, and is a breeze to carry through the woods. I have a Browning A-bolt in 30-06 with Leupold glass for the rare occasion we sit on a field where we really need to reach out and touch someone.

I have an eye out for an old Marlin 336 in 30-30. I love the old guns - and it would be a good trainer for the kids when they join us in the woods over the next couple years.

Nurf Herder Says:

"sitting in my boxers eating apple jacks, welcome to my world, welcome to my world,

whacking it to late night cinemax, welcome to my world,

jagermeister and captain crunch nicotine and the brady bunch, i'm building a boat out of pudding cups, welcome to my world,

welcome to my world, non-stop no-girl action without you,

this old shirt is starting to stink, i don't give a damn what people think, i can take a leak in the kitchen sink, welcome to my world,

no you needn't shed a tear, 'cause I've got waffles and I've got beer and i've got mr. belvedere, welcome to my world,

welcome to my world, non-stop no-girl action without you,

don't want to be here, don't want to be here tonight, can't stand another episode of cheers tonight, i hate that woody, I hate diane, frasier and norm, and that dumbass mailman!"

TGIF!!!!