F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

It's like you can taste the hockey season in the air.

I was just talking to a customer up in Canada, and he asked me if I was excited that football started, being American. And I said yes, but only because it's a stopgap between the summer months and Hockey to start. He laughed and agreed.

*SIGH* only 21 more days... :beer:

I'll be married 23 years to the man of my dreams tomorrow! He works hard, is a fantastic dad, and treats me like a queen. Oh...and he has embraced hockey and fell hard for my team ever since I took him to the AUD for his first game the weekend we got engaged oh so long ago. HaHa...slipping and sliding all the way to Buffalo in my camaro...what a blast that was. He supports my passion, we have Center Ice, a slingbox, and sirius XM so we never miss a game here in Ohio. We take our kids to as many games as we can, whether in Columbus, Detroit, Toronto, or Buffalo. He buys me jerseys for Christmas, 40 year anniversary books, flags, magnets and whatever else Sabre related I want. He is awesome.

This morning he was coming off the midnight shift and stayed awake ALL DAY while the kids were at school. :wub:

F'N FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be married 23 years to the man of my dreams tomorrow! He works hard, is a fantastic dad, and treats me like a queen. Oh...and he has embraced hockey and fell hard for my team ever since I took him to the AUD for his first game the weekend we got engaged oh so long ago. HaHa...slipping and sliding all the way to Buffalo in my camaro...what a blast that was. He supports my passion, we have Center Ice, a slingbox, and sirius XM so we never miss a game here in Ohio. We take our kids to as many games as we can, whether in Columbus, Detroit, Toronto, or Buffalo. He buys me jerseys for Christmas, 40 year anniversary books, flags, magnets and whatever else Sabre related I want. He is awesome.

This morning he was coming off the midnight shift and stayed awake ALL DAY while the kids were at school. :wub:

You go Girl! Get that groove on!

:clapping: Happy (early) anniversary!

I get to leave work early today to get my son from daycare, and then it's 4 days of just him and me. We'll watch the Sabres tonight and tomorrow. He's not even 3 yet and he likes to watch hockey, so I must be doing something right.

Plus, since the wife left I've managed to lose 25 lbs (been about a month and a half), and I'm feeling great physically. Of course none of my pants fit me and I look like a vanilla MC Hammer, but who needs pants, right?

Will be in Buffalo for the weekend. My older son's team is playing some Buffalo squads, and we will be attending the Sabres game Saturday night. Lots of drinks and eats and hockey, and we will still be home in time to watch the Bills game Sunday. Whether I choose to punish myself in that fashion is a different question entirely.

F'N Fantastic!

The only bad part is Connolly isn't making the trip so I will miss out on booing the bum Saturday.

I went to Yo Gabba Gabba Live: Time to Dance with my 3-year-old on Tuesday, and it was awesome. During one of the intermissions, a band called I Fight Dragons played. They play all the standard pop-rock instruments (Bass, Guitar, Drums) but their keyboard player also plays a Guitar Hero Guitar hooked up to a computer made of old Nintendo sound cards set up like a synthesizer. On top of that awesomeness, the lead guitar player also did a solo completely on a vintage Super Nintendo controller hooked up to a similar box.

F'N FANTASTIC.

I went to Yo Gabba Gabba Live: Time to Dance with my 3-year-old on Tuesday, and it was awesome. During one of the intermissions, a band called I Fight Dragons played. They play all the standard pop-rock instruments (Bass, Guitar, Drums) but their keyboard player also plays a Guitar Hero Guitar hooked up to a computer made of old Nintendo sound cards set up like a synthesizer. On top of that awesomeness, the lead guitar player also did a solo completely on a vintage Super Nintendo controller hooked up to a similar box.

F'N FANTASTIC.

Wasn't gonna pony up the dough to take my kid, but now I just might have to :thumbsup:

F'N FANTASTIC.

When I was at RIT I worked for Tech Crew (student run production company) and they were the opener for 3oh3! and Cobra starship (a few years back). I thought it was pretty nifty, something you don't see a whole lot of with many other bands. I talked to them when one of the other bands were playing and they were/are pretty chill.

Went down into Philly last night. Hit a Beer Garden (complete with trees and picnic benches), had beer and sausages, and hung out with good friends. Beautiful day/night to ride with no rain (forecast was pretty ugly).

Hot tub party in Binghamton tomorrow, and I get to ride some more this weekend despite the rain.

F'N Fantastic Friday, indeed.

4-hour work day.

Hitting the biking trail after work.

Hockey tonight and tomorrow.

Bills on Sunday. Blah blah blah.

I have a kick-ass job. Exempt status and benefits, but paid for every hour I work, which can end up running 50-60 hours a week sometimes.

Gorgeous wife. Two beautiful daughters, both of whom like hockey (more for the 'rally candy' than the actual sport ... but i'm working on it!)

Weather's almost perfect. A few degrees to go, and we'll be in the high 70s. A few more lawn mows, couple more spray applications of some week killer, and that'll be it for lawn care.

Orion rises around 2 am. For some reason, I'm always drawn to the southern sky. Orion, Taurus, Gemini, the pleides ... aweome little piece of sky.

Digital cameras. I'm grateful for digital cameras because that means I don't have to take a roll of film to Walgreens and be told that there wasn't anything on the roll because every picture was black. "Well, yah they were all black. I took pictures of a night sky. They're SUPPOSED to be black. Were there any white dots on the pictures?"

"Yah ... all over them."

"Those would be 'stars' ..."

"OH! Yah, we wondered what those were." Idiots ...

Love the thread concept.

When I was at RIT I worked for Tech Crew (student run production company) and they were the opener for 3oh3! and Cobra starship (a few years back). I thought it was pretty nifty, something you don't see a whole lot of with many other bands. I talked to them when one of the other bands were playing and they were/are pretty chill.

My buddy attends Coachella every year. A couple of years back, Yo Gabba Gabba was on the main stage. At Coachella. NOT performing their typical kids' stuff. Everyone was blown away. So much so that they came back this year. :) TO COACHELLA.

Makes me wonder how The Wiggles would do.

Couple good things.

-Just bought the car of my dreams (an immaculate Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8 six speed). Best anything ever.

-Sold old car private party for twice what dealer offered on trade in.

-Girlfriend comes home tomorrow from a three week trip:

---Told me to get plenty of rest and not make any plans for Saturday night or all day Sunday. Giggity.

---She doesn't know I bought the car- I've been keeping it as a surprise for when I pick her up at the airport.

-I have today off because I work a 9/80- meaning I can watch tonight's game live (here on west coast).

Couple good things.

-Just bought the car of my dreams (an immaculate Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8 six speed). Best anything ever.

---Told me to get plenty of rest and not make any plans for Saturday night or all day Sunday. Giggity.

---She doesn't know I bought the car- I've been keeping it as a surprise for when I pick her up at the airport.

-I have today off because I work a 9/80- meaning I can watch tonight's game live (here on west coast).

9/80s are the best. i tried the 4/10 sked ... couldn't make it work. either i'd get in too late and have to stay until 6 or 7, or i'd take an hour of PTO. thankfully, my boss understood and let me slide back to the 5/4/9 sked. hey ... every other friday off works just fine, right?

Couple good things.

1) AWESOME car choice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2) All I can say is have a F'N Fantastic weekend! :clapping: :thumbsup:

For me...only 3 more hours here at work! oh yeah!