F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

It's better on tap than in bottles, but it's not the end-all.

Speaking of which, I'm F'N ecstatic that I could stop at Victory on the way home from getting a haircut today and have a beer while filling up a couple growlers. Hop Devil and Moonglow, and a Headwaters Pale for the wait. The sky is also amazing today as well, and I was out on the bike. Other than having to work all night, it doesn't get much better!

I just got a haircut and plan on taking a bike ride aswell. Mountain bike that is :pirate:

I just got a haircut and plan on taking a bike ride aswell. Mountain bike that is :pirate:

I did the bicycle too tonight, but MTB on the street. I live in a pretty hilly area; the creek that's probably 1/2 mile away is 200' below my house by elevation. 30 mins, 3 miles, and I'm whooped.

Fat Tire info

It is an amber ale brewed by New Belgium Brewing Company in Colorado. Pretty decent beer. A bit overrated IMO but quality nonetheless. I certainly would order 5 or 6 of them.

Amazingly enough, someone dropped a case of this stuff off to my office today. I ended up with a double deuce of it on my desk before I left. It is now sufficiently chilled, and I will be cracking it open soon.

Amazingly enough, someone dropped a case of this stuff off to my office today. I ended up with a double deuce of it on my desk before I left. It is now sufficiently chilled, and I will be cracking it open soon.

You have good friends at the office. That would make for a fantastic Friday.

I actually have a truck that works now.

EDIT: Has anyone noticed that the F'N title for this thread matches the FN Center that our boys will be in this coming season?

Actually, I think that was planned. The thread was called something else initially. (there's a couple posts on page one about it)

Not sure of the story behind it. I was on the phone and one of my partners dropped it on my desk on his way out. He's a bike racer, so the bike connection may have played a role. Finishing a couple fFll sail IPA's before cracking it open.

As for the full sail - a nice ipa. Medium body, medium hop. 6.0 abv. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about. It's a prototype for the style. Very clean finish

Not sure of the story behind it. I was on the phone and one of my partners dropped it on my desk on his way out. He's a bike racer, so the bike connection may have played a role. Finishing a couple fFll sail IPA's before cracking it open.

As for the full sail - a nice ipa. Medium body, medium hop. 6.0 abv. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about. It's a prototype for the style. Very clean finish

Should've had the Fat tire first. It's much milder on the palate and will get drowned out by all those hops in the IPA.

Should've had the Fat tire first. It's much milder on the palate and will get drowned out by all those hops in the IPA.

Yeah, you are right. Doesn't taste like an amber ale at all. Reminds me of a british beer - brown, toasted malt Not a bad one, but the style isn't my style. It's a well done, quality beer, just not for me. A couple good swallows cleared the IPA hops off my palate, but I still don't taste the hops they boast about on the label.

Yeah, you are right. Doesn't taste like an amber ale at all. Reminds me of a british beer - brown, toasted malt Not a bad one, but the style isn't my style. It's a well done, quality beer, just not for me. A couple good swallows cleared the IPA hops off my palate, but I still don't taste the hops they boast about on the label.

It is more of a Belgian take on an amber ale. The yeast and malt profile dominates. And dominates is used loosely because there is nothing dominating about the beer. It is an exercize in subtlety. I don't recall the label but if they are bragging on hops in that label they must be bragging in comparison to Bud Light Lime or something because it is most defintiely not a hop forward beer.

IMO it i s a good Summer beer, light on the tongue and refreshing with enough character to remind you it isn't a macro that you're drinking.

It is more of a Belgian take on an amber ale. The yeast and malt profile dominates. And dominates is used loosely because there is nothing dominating about the beer. It is an exercize in subtlety. I don't recall the label but if they are bragging on hops in that label they must be bragging in comparison to Bud Light Lime or something because it is most defintiely not a hop forward beer.

IMO it i s a good Summer beer, light on the tongue and refreshing with enough character to remind you it isn't a macro that you're drinking.

They claim "hoppy freshness". I think your description is more accurate than theirs. Not a bad beer by any stretch, but as I said, not my style. I'm not exactly pouring it down the drain, though.

I did the bicycle too tonight, but MTB on the street. I live in a pretty hilly area; the creek that's probably 1/2 mile away is 200' below my house by elevation. 30 mins, 3 miles, and I'm whooped.

By the sound of it your a pretty active guy. I live about a 100 yards from the biggest lake west of the rockies ( which is Klamath Lake ) I love getting out and riding next to it.

It's better on tap than in bottles, but it's not the end-all.

Speaking of which, I'm F'N ecstatic that I could stop at Victory on the way home from getting a haircut today and have a beer while filling up a couple growlers. Hop Devil and Moonglow, and a Headwaters Pale for the wait. The sky is also amazing today as well, and I was out on the bike. Other than having to work all night, it doesn't get much better!

Had a victory pilsner tonight. They make yummy beers. I'm jealous that you live that close to the brewery.

F'N Fantastic:

1. Tyler Myers extension

2. Sabres Rookie Champs

3. Got my Sabres and Amerks tix

4. Season inching closer

5. PAYDAY!!!

Now that's F'N fantastic :thumbsup: LOL

I'm heading out to Buffalo to see my sister's soccer games this weekend, I got my Sabres tickets, and I get to leave work early.

In the 40s last night. Mid 60s today with no humidity..

F'N Fantastic.

Good riddance Summer.

Amen. The older I get, the more I dislike heat and humidity. It's gorgeous here today as well. It will be a perfect evening for a run home tonight after work, which is a great way to start the weekend.

Other FN fantastic Friday items:

1. Fat ribeye steaks for dinner tonight. Ribeye is my #1 steak choice. Trim the fat, lots of salt, some pepper, medium rare on the grill -- it's a guaranteed A-plus meal.

2. For the first time, I successfully opened up a computer and installed something (in this case a graphics card), so now I have a dual monitor setup at home, which is great when I need to work at home.

3. Myers' extension.

4. First soccer game of the new season for my son's team tomorrow.

5. My dad is coming to visit on Sunday, which is always nice, especially seeing him with my kids.

Have a great weekend all!

By the sound of it your a pretty active guy. I live about a 100 yards from the biggest lake west of the rockies ( which is Klamath Lake ) I love getting out and riding next to it.

Had a victory pilsner tonight. They make yummy beers. I'm jealous that you live that close to the brewery.

Hmm, these to posts together are giving me an idea... It's 9mi via the shortest route. Getting out there isn't too big a deal, it's pretty flat or downhill. The problem is the 200ft climb right at the end of the return trip. I'll have to go ride down the hill and back up to see if it kills me.

For Friday: I'm happy that I'm going to help a friend clean out his flooded house in Binghamton and not the other way around. Sucks for him, of course.