F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

My sweet, innocent rescue dog is turning out to be quite the killer.

So far this season she’s nabbed 3 squirrels, and today she caught a woodchuck.

While I like the idea of ridding the yard of nuisances, I’m not fond of cleaning up the mess.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

My sweet, innocent rescue dog is turning out to be quite the killer.

So far this season she’s nabbed 3 squirrels, and today she caught a woodchuck.

While I like the idea of ridding the yard of nuisances, I’m not fond of cleaning up the mess.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Since it's not thursday I'll sarcastically use this thread.  My car died on me mid-drive earlier today.  The tow truck driver and the shop both said that it sounded like an alternator to them.  I got the call a couple hours later... engine is shot.  Apparently it was mysteriously down two quarts and it gave out.  It was a good 2000 miles away from its next routine service and there isn't a drop of oil on my driveway, so I have no idea where that oil relocated to.  I also don't know how that would kill the engine so suddenly.  But anyway, I have to have it towed to my regular guy next week before I issue the death sentence.  She's almost 13 years old, so it was going to be time soon anyway.  Still, just like looking for a new job, it's much easier to car shop when you already have a car.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Since it's not thursday I'll sarcastically use this thread.  My car died on me mid-drive earlier today.  The tow truck driver and the shop both said that it sounded like an alternator to them.  I got the call a couple hours later... engine is shot.  Apparently it was mysteriously down two quarts and it gave out.  It was a good 2000 miles away from its next routine service and there isn't a drop of oil on my driveway, so I have no idea where that oil relocated to.  I also don't know how that would kill the engine so suddenly.  But anyway, I have to have it towed to my regular guy next week before I issue the death sentence.  She's almost 13 years old, so it was going to be time soon anyway.  Still, just like looking for a new job, it's much easier to car shop when you already have a car.

Chevy Equinox by any chance?

On 5/19/2023 at 11:24 PM, Ogre said:

This boggles my mind. At my current miles/year, that vehicle would have 520,000 miles.

I used to get about 20k a year. Ever since Covid I’ve worked from home. I racked up a whole 6k miles last year. 

But on a slightly more fantastic side, my mechanic clued me in on a few different class action suits Hyundai has had for engines in recent years. I’m more than likely getting that engine replaced for free… and then immediately trading the car in for an SUV of some sort. Mini-shrader needs some more space and something safer. 

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I have had non-stop oil issues with my Equinox. I’ve had to have the timing chain replaced twice in the last year because of it. 

Hopefully under warranty.  There is a known issue with those engines.  

Fabulous weather in WNY. Might hit 90. A little warm but no humidity yet. May was the 2nd driest May in history here. A bit cooler some days but the April showers usherd in good weather. 

I have a large deck and planted a bunch of flowers. Large water fountain. Piped in music. Very relaxing.  I spend hours out there through October. Being retired is the best. Put my Z4 convertible back on the road for the summer. The one time of year sports means next to nothing. Love our summers. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Night Train said:

Fabulous weather in WNY. Might hit 90. A little warm but no humidity yet. May was the 2nd driest May in history here. A bit cooler some days but the April showers usherd in good weather. 

I have a large deck and planted a bunch of flowers. Large water fountain. Piped in music. Very relaxing.  I spend hours out there through October. Being retired is the best. Put my Z4 convertible back on the road for the summer. The one time of year sports means next to nothing. Love our summers. 

Weather has been great. Only downside…grass is already browning. 😞

56 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

Glorious weather in Chicago today and I got to start my morning off with some Stick-n-Puck on the very very fresh ice at the 'Hawks facility. Everything's coming up Millhouse! 🌞

I used that very phrase yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1