F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Fantastic to hear about a band earlier this week that has really made a huge impression on me; so much that I shared one of their videos on the music thread.

Also, there's bound to be some joke along the way that I'll never forget:Screenshot_20211001-110630_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5383194ad4ab64d264141365d0ece53f.jpg

Last day at work yesterday.  Received much more of a send off than I expected.  Was only there 13 months.

Had multiple directors give me their personal contact info with instructions, if your next job doesn’t work out please call me.  Flattering.

New job starts bright and early Monday AM.  Very excited.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• spndnchz unpinned and locked this topic
  • spndnchz unlocked this topic

Received a promotion yesterday, 2nd this year. 32% salary increase total. Pretty solid year for Charlie 😉

Also planned my brother's surprise bachelor party, a day of his favorite activities followed by the Bills game this weekend, and it went off without a hitch. Can't wait for Sunday now!

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Friday again?  So soon!

Had our first major snow of the season Wednesday overnight.  About a foot + with strong wind and drifts.  Fantastic!!  I love winter!!  It's all good even though I had to drive home in it, but it had just started and inspite of the moronic policy of not sending out plows and sanders / salters until it stops I made it safely.  I am getting new winter tires installed on December 20th ... missed it by that much.  It was not that bad yet when I travelled and my Corolla is a tank and I'm a good driver.

Today is -10 and nice.  Tomorrow will be +12 and rain and Sunday will be +10 and rain.  What a roller coaster, but welcome to NS winter.

• Like (+1) 1

All is good in the land of NS.

A week until Christmas and a chance to rest ... many clients are closed for the week of the holidays.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it in some way.  Best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year.

Hey, @Eleven, will Santa make his annual appearance (although it would be for 6 months now and I think Santa did not make an appearance last year) and especially his fantastic poem?  As usual, I have tried to be good and, as usual, I hope that is good enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Merry Christmas to all my Orthodox Christian Brothers and Sisters out there in the Interwebs.

+++++

Snow is coming, rain is coming, wind is coming ... all in the next 12 - 24 hours.  Just an ordinary day along the beautiful Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia.

*Way-hey-hey ... it's just an ordinary day*

• Thanks (+1) 1

bump

Got a promotion, in terms of title and $$$, for work I was already doing which is nice. 

Also, Jack Quinn is pulling a Josh Allen (talented person who hadn't gotten as much development by drafting as others but then exploded after) and he's really exciting when he has the puck. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2