F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I’m accustomed to working my knuckles to the bone for my lot but this job has me standing around. Well,  I’m actually sitting around in a rigging truck. I’m waiting for things to rig. Today there wasn’t a single thing to do.

They are raining money down on me and all I have to do is be there. 

Very rare for me but it’s a new world with far less people to do the things and such.

This project will end like the rest of them but I’m afraid my thumbs may be worn out from holding my pockets open so long.

15 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’m accustomed to working my knuckles to the bone for my lot but this job has me standing around. Well,  I’m actually sitting around in a rigging truck. I’m waiting for things to rig. Today there wasn’t a single thing to do.

They are raining money down on me and all I have to do is be there. 

Very rare for me but it’s a new world with far less people to do the things and such.

This project will end like the rest of them but I’m afraid my thumbs may be worn out from holding my pockets open so long.

Sometimes, you get paid for what you know, and not for what you do. It’s of no less value. Enjoy it.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Sometimes, you get paid for what you know, And not for what you do. It’s of no less value. Enjoy it.

If not for the ranDom capital letter in the middle of this post, I would say it is the wisest post I've seen in a bit.

(And yes, I needed to mention the random capital letTer just to mess with you.)

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

If not for the ranDom capital letter in the middle of this post, I would say it is the wisest post I've seen in a bit.

(And yes, I needed to mention the random capital letTer just to mess with you.)

I actually edited it out before I read your post.😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Kayaked about 4 miles this morning.  Caught 2 walleyes and 3 smallmouth bass.  Got good and soaked in the persistent drizzle and loved every moment of it.  Not another boat on the water and a low hanging fog.  Frickin downright serene out there today.

And Henry McKenna is treating me well at the bar this afternoon.

Life is pretty OK.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

We're road tripping from Ft Worth to Buffalo. Had lunch in Little Rock at a great little hipster taco place.  They had a bunch of stuff that works for my wife's dietary restrictions, so she had a sweet potato taco and a papaya-avocado salad.  I had a Cuban torta.  It was delish. 

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

• spndnchz locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

I’m late again. Sorry

Got rid of my Seasons. It actually felt good. (Gonna miss live action)

I think someone else posted that there was some way that they could be 'paused' this season, but not lose them forever?  Did you do something like that?

Anyway, it's good that you are okay with it and it felt good to do it.

And ...

today does not feel like Friday, so can you keep this thread open through tomorrow?

So, yesterday, I complained about bad customers on Facebook Marketplace. Today, I have nothing but praise for the good customers.

I remember one gal who kept me up to date when she was delayed by an accident and had to take a detour. Instead of keeping me in the dark, she updated when and where she was, and how long it would take her to get to my place to buy a desk from me.

• Like (+1) 1

Received a job offer yesterday and have another prospective employer looking to counter it.  They are asking for more time to put everything together.

In my field of work I have never heard of signing bonuses but they are both offering them with no strings attached.

I don’t get the weird labor market we have going on right now but I am more than happy to take advantage of it.

And this morning I watched the sun come up on Chautauqua Lake from the deck of the lake house we are renting this weekend.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The lady surprised me with tickets to the wing fest at the Ralph last Sunday. A day full of chicken wings, beer, and standing on the 50 yard line was honestly one of the coolest events I've ever been too. Just an awesome time.

Ah rats! I missed wing fest AGAIN???

18 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Ah rats! I missed wing fest AGAIN???

Looks like it 😄 

I can't wait to go back next year. Wing Army was the best one we went to that was there that day for sure. Also tried the Table Smasher from someone there. It was definitely hot but I don't recommend starting so hot so early, just kills your stomach and ends the day early.

A second meeting with a prospective new client today ... my first face to face in what seems like forever ... wore my mask the whole time.

This was after a good phone conversation last week.

It's very promising, but nothing signed yet.  Wants me to meet his bookkeeper first who is off recovering from surgery (nothing major).  So, should have the third meeting in about 2 weeks.  Should be a formality, but I have been here before and said that before, so we shall see.  Big developer and construction type.  Has no issue with my rates and mostly working from my office.

• Thanks (+1) 1