F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hmm, who here likes Mexico? 

I love Mexican food. But as a US born with Euro skin ... I don’t want to take the risk of getting shot or kidnapped. For me, and for my safety and my wife, we reluctantly won’t go to Mexico. Which sucks. And staying in the “safety” of a resort isn’t my definition of a vacation. And I’ve read too many stories of resorts not being super safe as well... so as of now, we won’t go. Regrettably. But hey, everyone doesn’t agree with the risks, and go to Mexico all the time. Good for them...

Just got home.

Manhattan in hand.

Tomorrow is my first day off in three weeks after almost 40 hours of OT this week alone. I hate the elections, but boy do I like no credit card debt.

I see lots of nuthin’ immediate future.

F’n fantastic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/16/2020 at 1:39 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hmm, who here likes Mexico? 

Been to many different  locations over several years. The one I thought I always wanted to return to and fell in love with was Manzanillo. Best meal on earth was at a restaurant called Le Recif. Then one day the better have came home with a sad story from one of her patients that was from a neighboring  town that criminals had over taken the town and it's no longer safe.

6 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Been to many different  locations over several years. The one I thought I always wanted to return to and fell in love with was Manzanillo. Best meal on earth was at a restaurant called Le Recif. Then one day the better have came home with a sad story from one of her patients that was from a neighboring  town that criminals had over taken the town and it's no longer safe.

My wife and I went on vacation in Mexico some years ago and traveled around to a number of places, most of which were great.  Some of our travel was by bus, and at one point we had to change buses with a bit of a layover in a nondescript town called Iguala.  In 2014 there was a major drug cartel massacre there.  Yeeeesssh. 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

My wife and I went on vacation in Mexico some years ago and traveled around to a number of places, most of which were great.  Some of our travel was by bus, and at one point we had to change buses with a bit of a layover in a nondescript town called Iguala.  In 2014 there was a major drug cartel massacre there.  Yeeeesssh. 

So you lived Sicario.