F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Bumpity bump.

Here's a bit of good news on a Friday:  it has been much cooler in upstate NY the last couple of mornings, which makes a morning run much more pleasant, which in turn creates a good mood for the rest of the day and facilitates a good night's sleep.

Any signs of fall there? Goldenrod is coming out here, and the hillsides are subtly starting to show color change.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Bumpity bump.

Here's a bit of good news on a Friday:  it has been much cooler in upstate NY the last couple of mornings, which makes a morning run much more pleasant, which in turn creates a good mood for the rest of the day and facilitates a good night's sleep.

Yes! I'm in NH but it's been cooler here, too.  About 58 when I go outside at 5AM the last couple days.  So nice.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Any signs of fall there? Goldenrod is coming out here, and the hillsides are subtly starting to show color change.

I wouldn't say so, but I'm also not the first one to pick up on that kind of thing (or many other kinds of things, for that matter).

I'm sure it will get hot again soon though.  Just enjoying it while it's here -- it was a pretty hot July here.

First day off in months. So needed. 

Started out with a nice flatbread breakfast pizza, then for a hike and hanging out by a creek for a bit.  Had to stop home to get the kid to work and now we're off to Irish Mafia for lunch and some lazy summer afternoon beers to be followed up by more lazy summer afternoon beers at Seven Story brewing along the canal.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah..... so needed.

Last day at the current job today.  Emptied my plate of work.  Sending out goodbye emails.  Fielding alot of calls from co-workers.  HR said they will call me in 6 months to see if I change my mind.  Definitely bittersweet.

But Monday at the new job is gonna be pretty awesome.

• Like (+1) 4

Yup ... it's Friday.  Survived another week.  A week that started out okay and then got a bit shakey in the middle and seems to be winding down nicely.

Of course, since I work for myself and lost pretty much 3 days due to 'Teddy', I will be working on the weekend, but that is usually the case anyway.

Been gunning for a promotion since this quarantine started (nature of my work means all this legislation is a good opportunity to advance in my company)

Anyways, the promotion I wanted I was still working for when the one I didn't think I could get for a long time surprisingly opened up. The guy who left recommended me for the position, and so there's a very real chance it's mine. Great Friday indeed

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1