F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

• spndnchz unlocked this topic
  • spndnchz locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of National Peach Ice Cream Day, Sunday is National Ice Cream Day.

On a related note, I'm trying to hit up all the locations on the 2020 New Hampshire Ice Cream Trail, as an excuse to see more of the state (I've always been inclined to never leave home except for work/groceries, even before the spread of COVID-19) and because ice cream is tasty. https://www.nhdairypromo.org/ice-cream-trail

I've done 7 of 37 so far.  Going to hike a moderate trail tomorrow in the White Mountains (Champney Brook to Mt Chocorua, maybe detour to the Middle Sister peak if I can talk my roommate into it, in case anyone is curious), and I'll stop by some place from the ice cream trail afterward.

A weird, bittersweet day.  We locked the doors on the office for the final time.  Had a liquid lunch at a nearby park and said goodbye to some really awesome people.  Word of my leaving got around and I was inundated with phone calls from colleagues all over the world.  I was overwhelmed by the sentiments I was hearing.  It's heartwarming to know you've made that kind of impact.

I haven't felt this relaxed since before the announcement was made on Jan 2.

• Like (+1) 7

Going to hike Mount Kearsarge in Winslow State Park tomorrow with my roommate and her dog, then solo hike (no one else wants to go) the Mount Tom, Field, Willey, and Avalon loop in the White Mountains Sunday.

Since tomorrow is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day, you bet your derriere I'm doing that, too.

• Like (+1) 1

Yet another Friday ... yous all know the rest ...

Also, have been reminiscing a bit this morning.  I generally don't feel, or look old(er), but it just struck me this morning that it has been 40 years since the release of the album that changed my life.  This has me thinking that it's a fantastic Friday for this reason too.

And it's not their best album, IMHO, but it did change my life.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Annual significant meteor shower peaking soon ...

https://earthsky.org/?p=165416

If you have access to a not so light polluted sky. I highly recommend you check it out. 

A lake front house, glass of whiskey, a Rocky Patel vintage 1999, and the Perseids will make for awesome vacation nights if the cloud cover doesn’t intervene.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yet another Friday ... yous all know the rest ...

Also, have been reminiscing a bit this morning.  I generally don't feel, or look old(er), but it just struck me this morning that it has been 40 years since the release of the album that changed my life.  This has me thinking that it's a fantastic Friday for this reason too.

And it's not their best album, IMHO, but it did change my life.

I believe in this, and it's been tested by research.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I believe in this, and it's been tested by research.

Joe's famous reaction when he was told that a Billboard (I think it was them, or maybe Rolling Stone) Magazine poll put London Calling as the top album of the 80s ... "I thought it was released in 1979".  Love Joe ... RIP brother.  Even though Joe was the son on a Diplomat and born in Turkey he grew up to be the best poet of his time.  He is right, of course.  London Calling was released in the UK in December of 1979 and in January 1980 in North America.

I did not discover London Calling and The Clash until 1982.  I was 18 and that album definately changed my life.

• Like (+1) 1

Bumpity bump.

Here's a bit of good news on a Friday:  it has been much cooler in upstate NY the last couple of mornings, which makes a morning run much more pleasant, which in turn creates a good mood for the rest of the day and facilitates a good night's sleep.