F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Besides the 10 hour drive from Dallas to Nashville today, Nashville is pretty sweet on a Friday nite. Live bands everywhere and good ones to. Going to be tough to go home on Monday

Great to see the grandkids when they were still awake to boot

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, jsb said:

Besides the 10 hour drive from Dallas to Nashville today, Nashville is pretty sweet on a Friday nite. Live bands everywhere and good ones to. Going to be tough to go home on Monday

Great to see the grandkids when they were still awake to boot

Have a safe trip. I know those roads in between.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, WildCard said:

Going skiing for the first time today. Praying I don't die 

It's the greatest.

Oh, and it's super Friday for me. 4 day work week, heading into a 4 day weekend, followed by another 4 day work week.

Edited by ubkev

Two things:

1, my wife and I visited a church we'd discussed visiting for months. She had been dreading it just because of some minute issues. We went, and we were highly impressed with it! We will definitely be back.

2, this morning, my wife and I went to run an errand. Mind you, she's an Alabama Crimson Tide fan. So I saw this one car with Virginia tags that had an Auburn Tigers logo on the plates themselves. I said, completely out of the blue, "Too bad conversion therapy has been banned in Virginia." She was quiet, not understanding what I was getting at. Then I said, "Look at that license plate." One second later, she was roaring in laughter.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, SwampD said:

Where do you go?

I live in Northeast Pennsylvania now, so I ski at a few of our local hills now. But I've skiied pretty much everywhere in NY(I raced from elementary school through highschool), most of the major resorts in Vermont. I finally made it to New Hampshire and Maine last year and I'll be back in VT on this coming Monday at Magic Mountain. I've never been out west. Yet! It's a goal of mine and a massive regret so far.

• Like (+1) 1

Ski weekend with wife, one of my best friends and his wife!

Sabres angle:  spent part of the day skiing with my friend’s friend, who is from Goteborg, Sweden, and was a Frolunda season-ticket-holder for 20 years.  When I told him I was from Buffalo we immediately got into a good conversation on Dahlin and Olofsson.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a0a29219365055cda940b455e14ccbc5.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Ski weekend with wife, one of my best friends and his wife!

Sabres angle:  spent part of the day skiing with my friend’s friend, who is from Goteborg, Sweden, and was a Frolunda season-ticket-holder for 20 years.  When I told him I was from Buffalo we immediately got into a good conversation on Dahlin and Olofsson.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a0a29219365055cda940b455e14ccbc5.jpeg

Deer Valley?

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Wow -- yes.  Nicely done!

Thanks. It's not supernatural though. I have subscriptions to 4 different ski magazines. Lol.

Hope it's awesome out there. Have fun!

Edited by ubkev

I love the fact that my company put me in a brand new truck a few weeks ago. The other one was starting to have some serious issues. Even though it still has less than 12k miles on it now, I'm trying to treat it with kid gloves.

Great ride, though!