F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

My company does catered lunch each Friday back at HQ. I’m in a satellite office though, so we get to pick and choose our meals. Sometimes we go out, sometimes we order in. Today Doordash brought me a burrito, roughly the size of my head, stuffed with both chicken and chorizo before being smothered in queso. I may need to skip dinner....

Darien Lake tonight to get some amazing (read: fascinating) people watching in at the Alice in Chains/Korn concert. 7th grade me loved Korn... and my friend says the guy doing Alice in Chains now is good and sounds like Layne so.. whatever, I'm there for beers with friends.

And to wear my three wolf moon shirt. AWOOOOooooOOOoo 

on a more serious note... I finally got my super depressed/anxious ass into therapy/medication a couple months back and while I know everyone's paths are different- I'm feeling the best I have in my life. The suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, and general swings are all but gone, and the contrast is stark. I'm so lucky I have a health insurance plan that'll pay for some of it. If anyone's struggling with that *****, reach out, I'm happy to lend an ear, or a few dollars if your insurance is crap. I can't stress how different my quality of life is now.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.53.27 AM.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MattPie said:

We need a "Creeper" reaction button, LOL.

It's the Power of the Wolves 

These boys know when an Alpha's in town

I'm gonna pair it with the trashiest shorts I own and giant combat boots, I'll be irresistible sorry dark 

Edited by josie
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, josie said:

Darien Lake tonight to get some amazing (read: fascinating) people watching in at the Alice in Chains/Korn concert. 7th grade me loved Korn... and my friend says the guy doing Alice in Chains now is good and sounds like Layne so.. whatever, I'm there for beers with friends.

And to wear my three wolf moon shirt. AWOOOOooooOOOoo 

on a more serious note... I finally got my super depressed/anxious ass into therapy/medication a couple months back and while I know everyone's paths are different- I'm feeling the best I have in my life. The suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, and general swings are all but gone, and the contrast is stark. I'm so lucky I have a health insurance plan that'll pay for some of it. If anyone's struggling with that *****, reach out, I'm happy to lend an ear, or a few dollars if your insurance is crap. I can't stress how different my quality of life is now.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.53.27 AM.png

Have you ever tried any psychedelics for any of your mental health issues? I’ve had tremendous lasting benefits from psychedelics and there is plenty of evidence out there that shows their benefits.  [EDITED TO REMOVE OFFER] if you’re interested. It’s a far cheaper and cleaner alternative to traditional methods of treatment. 

Either way, good for you for taking care of yourself and feeling better!

2 hours ago, josie said:

It's the Power of the Wolves 

These boys know when an Alpha's in town

I'm gonna pair it with the trashiest shorts I own and giant combat boots, I'll be irresistible sorry dark 

If only it had more wolves on the sleeves. Just be glad you aren't catching a Ted Nugent concert in that thing or you might get hit with a flaming arrow.  The good news is the shirt would probably protect you.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Drunkard said:

If only it had more wolves on the sleeves. Just be glad you aren't catching a Ted Nugent concert in that thing or you might get hit with a flaming arrow.  The good news is the shirt would probably protect you.

I have cut the sleeves off. It is more magical now. 

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Have you ever tried any psychedelics for any of your mental health issues? I’ve had tremendous lasting benefits from psychedelics and there is plenty of evidence out there that shows their benefits. [EDITED TO REMOVE OFFER] if you’re interested. It’s a far cheaper and cleaner alternative to traditional methods of treatment. 

Either way, good for you for taking care of yourself and feeling better!

My best friend had that work for her for awhile. That's a no go for me unfortunately- I react very poorly to psychedelics. I also have a heart condition (metal in my heart essentially keeping me alive) that I have to contend with- even low key "common" stuff like cannabis and mild alcohol can cause me problems-doc's orders are to steer clear of anything that a doc is not tightly involved in. But yeah, I have another friend who swears mushrooms have helped her more than anything else so far. I've found a route that seems to be doing the trick. Very low dose- I'm not on much. I've been very open about it all on social media because I strongly believe the stigma attached to mental health is super dangerous. 

As one of my fav podcast hosts says frequently: "Your mental health is not your fault, but it is your responsibility". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I have 24 straight hours of a house to myself, no responsibilities, and no family/friends available to hang out with. 

I'm dying to spend that time on a hockey post, but I might have to go be productive instead (firewood has to be split and in the garage before I go back to OK), since nothing of note has happened yet. 

The freedom is nice. However, a miracle would involve the big trade happening sometime in the next couple hours

It's a long weekend in NS (Natal Day), as is the case in most of Canada.

I don't really care about the rest of Canada (not really) ... I will be spending 3 fantastic days with my lovely bride and we are going to try our darndest to relax and enjoy ourselves at the new house.  I really think that we have earned it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

@#freejame -- the supportive post is great, but please refrain from offering items like this on the board.  Thanks.

Academic and scientific papers? One of the best selling books this year (a NYT best seller) is on the subject (How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollen). I’m a little confused why this is being censored. The government has convinced people these drugs are bad for people when in reality it couldn’t be further from the scientific consensus. Feel free to PM me to take this off the board but I would like more of an explanation. I think you may have misinterpreted what I wrote. 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Academic and scientific papers? One of the best selling books this year (a NYT best seller) is on the subject (How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollen). I’m a little confused why this is being censored. The government has convinced people these drugs are bad for people when in reality it couldn’t be further from the scientific consensus. Feel free to PM me to take this off the board but I would like more of an explanation. I think you may have misinterpreted what I wrote. 

If you were offering academic and scientific papers, then I did indeed misunderstand and do apologize.  I thought you were offering the product that is (presumably) the subject of those papers.

41 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If you were offering academic and scientific papers, then I did indeed misunderstand and do apologize.  I thought you were offering the product that is (presumably) the subject of those papers.

Nope, not offering drugs. But I do know plenty of sources that I’m happy to provide for anyone interested in the topic.

First weekend in I don’t know how long that I have nothing planned. 

Also, the last weekend in I don’t know how long that I have nothing planned.

I’m going to do so much nothing this weekend that people are going to read about it a century from now.

And no way will pants be involved.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

First weekend in I don’t know how long that I have nothing planned. 

Also, the last weekend in I don’t know how long that I have nothing planned.

I’m going to do so much nothing this weekend that people are going to read about it a century from now.

And no way will pants be involved.

Approved.

Good tequila should be involved though.