F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Also, https://scofflawbeer.com/

Get the POG

Orpheus and Wild Heaven are pretty good too. Orpheus does a lot of sours. 

Sours are my favorite so this is perfect

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There's a Terrapin tap room I think at or near the Stadium now. Terrapin has some good beers. They do a lot with hops if that is your thing. Their Mosaic, Moo Hoo, Luau, Watermelon Gose are all solid options. 

Also find some creature comforts beer. The Brewery is in Athens but they sell it in Atlanta. Reclaimed Rye, Athena, and Tropicalia are all good beers they do. 

Love the Gose, and if it's that close to the stadium this could be perfect; Braves park is basically it's own day really, so we're trying to get there in the afternoon and explore it/all around it before the game

13 minutes ago, darksabre said:

We spent a lot of time and New Realm when we were in Atlanta. I know it's on the other side of the city from the ballpark but I figured I'd mention it.

Unfortunately I'm only there for Friday/Saturday night. I'm trying to figure out something to do on a Friday night for my brother and I at 9pm though which is when we get in. Figured we'd find some bars/food or do top golf

I have an aerial show tomorrow. Great, but I managed to get slammed in the head with a trapeze bar last night so now I have a giant bump/bruise and mild concussion... hooray... it's burlesque themed and it's not easy to attempt to be attractive when you're dizzy and rockin' a black and purple goose-egg on your forehead... but after tomorrow, I'm free... I'm free... and then we move. Holy hell it's stressful up in here. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Sours are my favorite so this is perfect

Love the Gose, and if it's that close to the stadium this could be perfect; Braves park is basically it's own day really, so we're trying to get there in the afternoon and explore it/all around it before the game

Unfortunately I'm only there for Friday/Saturday night. I'm trying to figure out something to do on a Friday night for my brother and I at 9pm though which is when we get in. Figured we'd find some bars/food or do top golf

If Sours are your favorite than hit up https://www.orpheusbrewing.com/beers/ almost everything they do is a sour or a sour twist. 

I’ve got my last game coaching little league of the season at 7 tonight. We won some games and we lost some games, but I couldn’t tell you what our record was. I had a blast coaching again and this years group of boys was great. I’ll be holding one last scrimmage on Sunday with players for the potential all-star teams, but then I’m finished coaching until hockey season if all goes well. 

I recommend anyone who has the slightest interest in coaching to take the step and get a team, whether they have a child or not. It can be stressful at times, and it’s definitely a big time commitment, but it’s been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

I’ve got my last game coaching little league of the season at 7 tonight. We won some games and we lost some games, but I couldn’t tell you what our record was. I had a blast coaching again and this years group of boys was great. I’ll be holding one last scrimmage on Sunday with players for the potential all-star teams, but then I’m finished coaching until hockey season if all goes well. 

I recommend anyone who has the slightest interest in coaching to take the step and get a team, whether they have a child or not. It can be stressful at times, and it’s definitely a big time commitment, but it’s been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. 

I coached my sons baseball teams for 6 seasons.  Def the most rewarding thing I ever did.

25 minutes ago, Weave said:

I coached my sons baseball teams for 6 seasons.  Def the most rewarding thing I ever did.

I could never be coached by my dad. We communicated very poorly with each other right through highschool when I played sports. Both too strong willed/pig headed (mostly pig headed). We've always had a great relationship, we just couldn't mesh on the field. It seems my son (15 now) and I are the same way. To this day, the only thing I ever successfully taught him in baseball was how to properly round a pop fly when fielding. I felt like a wizard when he actually listened and adapted it!

After watching some videos sent to us, my text to my wife today - “I don't think it's possible for Ellie to be in a more perfect place.”

Then drinks and steaks at my brothers house. Settin’ up the Polish porch tomorrow. F’N fantastic.

• Like (+1) 3

Since this thing is still open ...

Moved a bunch of stuff with a friend and a Uhaul on Tuesday.  Pros moved more heavy stuff yesterday.

This weekend will be crazy with finalizing a set up at the new house, so my wife can fine tune things there with organization ... we both hate moving and the worst part is when you get your stuff to the new place. but its just piled everywhere.

Monday the fix up the old house projects start.

We both have very mixed feelings about this whole thing, especially my wife who is really struggling with it.  In the end we shall see what happens.  We may end up deciding to stay in the old house once it is fine tuned.  We really do like the location and neighbourhood.  The new location is spectacular and has a number of advantages that we have been looking for a long time.

Wish us luck.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
all those missing letters ...

13 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Since this thing is still open ...

Moved a bunch of stuff with a friend and a Uhaul on Tuesday.  Pros moved more heavy stuff yesterday.

This weekend will be crazy with finalizing a set up at the new house, so my wife can fine tune things there with organization ... we both hate moving and the worst part is when you get your stuff to the new place. but its just piled everywhere.

Monday the fix up the old house projects start.

We both have very mixed feelings about this whole thing, especially my wife who is really struggling with it.  In the end we shall see what happens.  We may end up deciding to stay in the old house once it is fine tuned.  We really do like the location and neighbourhood.  The new location is spectacular and has a number of advantages that we have been looking for a long time.

Wish us luck.

Good luck. You could always rent out the house if it doesn’t work for you guys.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Have a photoshoot in minimal clothing for an aerial thing next weekend. Supposed to be working on making my abs a bit more obvious.

Instead eating the rest of my coworker's leftover birthday cake.

hey, it's delicious and there's no one else here to help me.

• Like (+1) 2