F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

7 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Bob Seger concert last night was awesome! Took my dad for his christmas present and it was great to see him enjoying himself and singing along to all the hits.

For being 73 years old, Seger can still sing man!

Saw him about 4 years ago at the MMArena.  He was still putting on a great show then.  Glad to read he can still bring it.

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

What’s wrong in your neck of the woods?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/community-support-syrian-refugee-family-1.5028794

The funeral will be tomorrow afternoon.  It will be in the Islamic tradition and open to the public.  I hope that it will help.

Sorry, I should not have brought it up in a happy thread.

9 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/community-support-syrian-refugee-family-1.5028794

The funeral will be tomorrow afternoon.  It will be in the Islamic tradition and open to the public.  I hope that it will help.

Sorry, I should not have brought it up in a happy thread.

Don’t even know what to say.

• Thanks (+1) 1

It's the day before SS Meetup #3.

Last Friday my company lost a lawsuit that many thought they would win. This is almost assuredly forced the company go into Chapter 11.  Many of us are rightfully worried that we will lose our jobs when that happens.  We'll likely get bought out once the debts are reworked.

Our bonuses from 2018 were due today.  There was some question whether we would get them.

Overnight the bonus was deposited into the bank account.  That was a very pleasant surprise to wake up to.  I don't ever rely on getting the bonus, but then again, I knew we had earned the 2018 bonus and what it would be at the end of the year.  It wouldn't have killed me if it didn't get paid, but I was feeling a little like Clark Griswold.  It does help tremendously should we suddenly lose our jobs within the next few weeks.

Oh.. and it's the day before the SS Meetup #3.  YES!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

Scored free tickets to tonight's Sabres game when a friend offered them yesterday night. We will see if that turns out to be F'N Fantastic or not, but at least worse case we get a night out with friends downtown.

So sorry for you that the Thursday thread locks automatically.

Just kidding, of course.  Have fun.

+++++

The sun is shining here and the deep freeze is not quite as deep.

We are having a lot of success selling our junk (calm yourself, Inky) on eBay and kijiji.  Even sold my big steel bankers style desk.  I will have to complete tax season on crates, but when money talks, I listen.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well. I'm engaged. So there's that. 

Awesome!!  Congrats!!

31 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Related note: My divorce is final!

Oh, and Congrats, TB,  

Congrats to you too.  I think that is right for me to tell you that, eh?

13 minutes ago, IvanPutski said:

Today is the last Friday before my wife's last chemo treatment on Tuesday!  

My thoughts and prayers sent to you and your wife.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1