F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I've been in trial all week.  This is a physical and mental toll like you wouldn't believe.  I felt guilty watching the Toronto game even though I was prepared for Wednesday!

We adjourned until midwinter today.  I cannot even being to explain how happy my back is.  My mind, which does like to explore other things.  My poor brain, which is about in shutdown mode.    

I'm going to pound pedialyte and water all weekend.  And Aleve.

(I know it sucks more for the clients, but they're not up until 3am and they're not standing for 5 hours, either.)

God bless this weekend!

• Like (+1) 1

Putting together some charity stuff tonight, friends' wedding tomorrow and I actually feel a small spark of artistic inspiration for the first time in months. I had a few people I haven't talked to in awhile reach out and turns out (unsurprisingly) we're all similarly burnt out, depressed and in varying artistic slumps. Had a little nostalgic talk about the last time we all felt we really were happy/creatively fulfilled and belonged somewhere and why and I guess it answered some stuff. Doesn't fix things but acknowledging why there's a hole can help you not continue to fall into it. I've climbed off the barely-functioning-suicidal ledge again- was on it wayyy too long this time. Hopefully I've got a few tools ready this time to prevent a slide like that again. Unfortunately a lot of it seems to be a shift with hormones and age so... guess it's doctor time. Shoot up my brain with chemicals I guess, I have a life to live. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the holidays I have no idea what day it is.

I obviously miseed the Complaint Window yesterday.

Anyway, we are having some snow ... it's beautiful.

The damn city still has not cleaned our street properly from the NYD storm and it is a sheet of thick ice.  If it were smother I would skate around.  It is trecherous and we have anumber of elderly and disabled people on our street.

Yup.  Happy Friday ..........

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Believe it or not:  Medellín, Colombia. 

(My wife’s brother and his GF live here — she’s Colombian.)

Columbia is very nice.  I don't think it has the same reputation as it did some time ago.  I think that other places have surpassed it in certain, shall I say, industries.

Say hello to James for me.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

So, one more f'n fantastic vacation-related item:  my family and I, plus my brother-in-law and his GF, were hanging out this evening at a popular local spot and a pretty young girl came up to us out of the blue and gave my 18-year-old son a note with her phone # on it.

My son is a reasonably good-looking kid (at least my wife and I think so), but has even less game with the ladies at this age than his father had.  So I don't think this is going to turn into anything, but it was still a memorable vacation item.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

My dad had colon cancer surgery last month.

Yesterday we were told the surgery appears to have been a complete success: no traces of the cancer remain, no further treatments necessary, and he can have his ostomy bag removed as soon as surgery can be scheduled.

***** fantastic Friday indeed.

HELL YEAH!